Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We might still have a Chance at 8+ wins this year

Started by Keldeo1997, September 16, 2017, 06:22:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: Keldeo1997 on September 16, 2017, 06:22:41 pm
Everyone but Bama, LSU and maybe Miss ST look to be terrible this year.

A&M is obvious, Old Miss is in trouble with the NCAA , Auburn has a ever worse Offence than we do/struggled vs a FCS team and Missouri just got blown out at home to a 3-9 team.  Idk about USCe .  The only games that are sure losses are Bama and Lsu.

TCU was terrible last week.

A&M is terrible every week but they will put together enough running game to outscore CBB's punchless red zone offense.

USC is a push but they have the home field advantage.

Auburn catches then after the Tuscaloosa beat down and Gus get as motivated playing CBB as anyone.

LSU is off to the Ogre-on like start that could be expected but that just means close but no cigar in Baton Rouge.

Ole Miss has motivation.

MSU looks like they might be the least pathetic challenger to Bama.

Mizzou is inept as always but that rarely seems to save the Hogs from embarrassment.

It might actually be easier if the majority of the teams on the schedule were obviously superior.  Arkansas will get the two rent-a-wins and struggle past a couple of the teams above to drag out the bowl hopes to near the end but mostly this will be weekly reminders if how far the program has slipped since CBB's peak year in 2015.

grayhawg

Quote from: a0ashle on September 16, 2017, 08:27:26 pm
So what's your point? You didn't like his opinion that you should go elsewhere?
I have been a Razorback fan longer than most on here have been alive and I don't plan on leaving. If you don't like what I post you can put me on ignore.

a0ashle

Quote from: grayhawg on September 16, 2017, 08:32:39 pm
I have been a Razorback fan longer than most on here have been alive and I don't plan on leaving. If you don't like what I post you can put me on ignore.

OR...you can learn to take the opinions of others just as you expect others to take yours. Opinions go both ways.

woodrow hog call

Quote from: grayhawg on September 16, 2017, 08:32:39 pm
I have been a Bobby Petrino fan longer than most on here have been alive and I don't plan on leaving. If you don't like what I post you can put me on ignore.

Fify
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

PossumFan

Quote from: Poker_hog on September 16, 2017, 08:27:29 pm
Not at this point.

Oh really? You yourself said getting to six wins is the "worst thing" that could happen. So you obviously want five wins or fewer, so why would you want another Hogs victory until a five-wins-or-less season is guaranteed?

TheRedBoarn

Any more than three is a pipe dream.  These guys are all talk; no heart. 

grayhawg

Quote from: a0ashle on September 16, 2017, 08:38:04 pm
OR...you can learn to take the opinions of others just as you expect others to take yours. Opinions go both ways.
I don't make a habit of criticizing someone just because I disagree with them. I do make exceptions for those who start by criticizing me, however.

grayhawg

Quote from: a0ashle on September 16, 2017, 08:38:04 pm
I don't make a habit of criticizing someone just because I disagree with them. I do make exceptions for those who start by criticizing me, however.
Quote from: woodrow hog call on September 16, 2017, 08:38:59 pm
Fify
;)

a0ashle

Quote from: grayhawg on September 16, 2017, 08:44:29 pm

It's simple, if your opinion is that there is no hope, why are you wasting your time here expecting discussion?

Poker_hog

Quote from: PossumFan on September 16, 2017, 08:41:31 pm
Oh really? You yourself said getting to six wins is the "worst thing" that could happen. So you obviously want five wins or fewer, so why would you want another Hogs victory until a five-wins-or-less season is guaranteed?

I would love for us to go 14-1 and win the national title, but if it comes down to 5-7 or 6-6 and 5-7 gets us an upgrade at head coach, it's a no brainer.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

grayhawg

Quote from: a0ashle on September 16, 2017, 08:46:17 pm
It's simple, if your opinion is that there is no hope, why are you wasting your time here expecting discussion?
I've got 60 years and lots of dollars tied up in Arkansas football. When Lanny tells me to not be critical on this board, then I will stop. Until then feel free to put me on ignore.

a0ashle

Quote from: grayhawg on September 16, 2017, 08:53:17 pm
I've got 60 years and lots of dollars tied up in Arkansas football. When Lanny tells me to not be critical on this board, then I will stop. Until then feel free to put me on ignore.
If only we could ignore every "no hoper" we might actually talk some football

PonderinHog

Quote from: a0ashle on September 16, 2017, 09:14:33 pm
If only we could ignore every "no hoper" we might actually talk some football
Well, stop bitching and start talking.

PossumFan

Quote from: Poker_hog on September 16, 2017, 08:49:29 pm
I would love for us to go 14-1 and win the national title, but if it comes down to 5-7 or 6-6 and 5-7 gets us an upgrade at head coach, it's a no brainer.

What about 7-5 or 8-4 or 9-3? Would that also disappoint you because it would mean Bielema is back?

NorCalRazorback

"...and Decori Birmingham has caught it in the back of the end zone to tie it at 20 all with 9 seconds left..." 

Miracle on Markham '02
Arkansas 21 LSU 20

a0ashle

Quote from: PonderinHog on September 16, 2017, 09:15:46 pm
Well, stop bitching and start talking.

It does no good on here lately. Want to talk about ways to improve the team? All you get is "WE WILL NEVER WIN ANOTHER GAME!! FIRE BERT!". I guess I'll just go back into hiding until this place quits melting.

RazorbackAlways

BassinHawg

SMU 36 Ark 7 ???

After watching a lot of college football today it really shows me what a pitiful state that Razorback Football is in.

What in the heck does this coaching staff do other than draw big paycheck?

No way they win 8 games, 5 max.
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

code red

A&M is obvious, Old Miss is in trouble with the NCAA , Auburn has a ever worse Offence than we do/struggled vs a FCS team and Missouri just got blown out at home to a 3-9 team.  Idk about USCe .  The only games that are sure losses are Bama and Lsu.
First place in C flite is still losing.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

GoHogs1091

It looks like the rest of our wins may be the following.

New Mexico State
South Carolina
Coastal Carolina
Missouri

hobhog

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on September 17, 2017, 12:44:16 am
It looks like the rest of our wins may be the following.

New Mexico State
South Carolina
Coastal Carolina
Missouri

^^^^^ never watches college football games^^^^^^

GoHogs1091

Quote from: hobhog on September 17, 2017, 01:06:06 am
^^^^^ never watches college football games^^^^^^

We should have a talent advantage over New Mexico State and Coastal Carolina.

South Carolina and Missouri have ineptitude at their Head Coach position.

Porkchop#1

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on September 17, 2017, 01:48:01 am
We should have a talent advantage over New Mexico State and Coastal Carolina.

South Carolina and Missouri have ineptitude at their Head Coach position.
Bert will have no trouble matching them in this area. Odom took him to the woodshed last year.

Quickdraw

We are pretty much on schedule in the BB era... GO HOGS!

Dirty

nchogg

After the way the offense performed against TCU I have no idea how many games we can win. I was happy with the defense and they looked tired in the 4th. Our running game and passing game was not there. I just hope things get corrected by A&M. We will know Saturday and we do have enough games to get the season back on track.

KennyForAD

Dreamer.  The Hogs are a doormat. 

LZH

lakecityhog

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=637604.0

A thread I started this AM.
Basically lists the games that I believe we CAN win dependent on the ATM outcome.
Some of us watched at least parts of several SEC games this weekend and I think saw some possibilities.

My point to the thread was and is that with BB we will always have 1 or 2 of those out-of-nowhere losses. JL is as far from the ideal AD for a BB personality type as you could possibly get. BB needs, no has to have, an AD that has a VERY strong, assertive character to keep him from coasting from time-to-time.

My early season prediction was 9-3, which I still think was VERY reasonable! I think today that we will wind up at 7-5 and with a break against LSU possibly 8-4. That is provided we don't have another one of those oops games!