Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nebraska Holds Off A-State, 43-36

Started by Seminole Indian, September 03, 2017, 04:17:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Seminole Indian

"We had so many opportunities," A-State head football coach Blake Anderson said. "We didn't create a lot of turnovers, which is something we pride ourselves on and we had a lot of dropped passes, two of which would have been touchdowns and that changes the game. All of that is fixable and it is all within our control but not what we expected either."

http://www.astateredwolves.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7200&ATCLID=211665098
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

hawginbigd1

Too many missed tackles, really soft on defense. Dropped passes were a problem also, but they win the game going away if they tackle better.

Seminole Indian

They did not play as well on defense as expected.

Anderson was especially upset they did not get to the QB more and create turnovers.

I watched the 60 minute replay in the Big 10 network and Nebraska's QB really made some great passes,with the pocket collapsing around him, or a defender bearing down on him. He was a cool operator.

Hopefully Miami's QB will not be so poised, because while A-States defenders are fast, Miami's skill players on offense are faster.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Dropkick

Not an ASU fan by any means but I thought they looked very good. Tough road environment did not seem to phase them and their #1s looked as talented as Nebraska's.

DeltaBoy

They has a shot and came up short.  Hard fought game.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Seminole Indian on September 05, 2017, 07:34:52 am
They did not play as well on defense as expected.

Anderson was especially upset they did not get to the QB more and create turnovers.

I watched the 60 minute replay in the Big 10 network and Nebraska's QB really made some great passes,with the pocket collapsing around him, or a defender bearing down on him. He was a cool operator.

Hopefully Miami's QB will not be so poised, because while A-States defenders are fast, Miami's skill players on offense are faster.
Did Liner play?  How did he do?

Seminole Indian

He got in on a few played in the first half, but don't think he play at all in the second half.

He looked pretty good, and demanded a lot of attention, and holding, by Nebraska's OL when he was in the game, but still made his presence felt. He is very disruptive.

He was not 100%, so my guess is they probably decided not to chance it.

Should be ready to go for Miami.