Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

do the players know something we don't?

Started by BannerMountainMan, October 17, 2017, 08:34:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Big Nasty 34

Social Media makes it easy to seem confident in the preseason. Hopefully, we see that confidence when adversity strikes. We should be a pretty mentally tough team, we'll see if that's the case up in Oregon.

Breems

Confidence and pride. What a welcome change.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Big Nasty 34

The_Iceman

LRHog

I hope they talk smack, back it up, and take all these preseason polls as disrespect.

Whats the one thing Nolan's team had that put em above and beyond?

A bad attitude. I want this rsoter to have that us against the world mentality. This team and our crowd need to have that attitude in each and every game this season. Get back to hawg ball.

bville_hog

I think they, just like the rest of us, have be itching to pick right back up where they left off and the end of last season.  How the coaches pick us 8th?  Guess they are putting all the "pay for play" teams head of us, but we will beat most of them anyway.

farmhawg

Quote from: LRHog on October 19, 2017, 02:48:00 pm
I hope they talk smack, back it up, and take all these preseason polls as disrespect.

Whats the one thing Nolan's team had that put em above and beyond?

A bad attitude. I want this rsoter to have that us against the world mentality. This team and our crowd need to have that attitude in each and every game this season. Get back to hawg ball.
This.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: ModestoHOG63 on October 19, 2017, 11:50:59 am
fixing to say, pretty damn confident almost cocky.  You got to have that and this team won't back down it appears.  My only concern is foul issues with Gafford and quality back-up minutes to give him a breather.   Rebounding and perimeter defense has been issues in past years, think we may solved some of this with the team length.   Personally I really excited about this bunch and feel they will do some great things.

I am most anxious to see how they respond to the first road game where they don't play well and get beat. Being cocky is all well and good if you're able to respond to adversity and not let one loss become multiple losses.