Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-0

Started by Exit Pursued by a Boar, September 13, 2015, 10:02:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Exit Pursued by a Boar

I like Bielema a lot.  I think he can and will lead us out of the wilderness. But, judging from afar, I think he has lost a little focus. His mantra when he came to Arkansas was "1-0." He wanted his team to focus on the task just ahead. If you're talking about comparative schedules you're not focusing on the game just ahead. You're not thinking 1-0. Ok, someone asked him about OSU and he responded. And, to be fair, I agreed and still agree with his response.  But, given when he responded, he lost his focus and opened the door for his team to lose focus. The wiser response would have been to deflect the question to Toledo, the opponent just ahead. Something like: "I'll leave you in the media to worry about schedules, I have a good opponent just ahead I need to attend to." To a large degree his focus is his players' focus. The degree to which he is honed in on the week ahead influences how they focus on the week ahead. I believe he'll see that he forgot one of his core pillars in losing that focus, if only for a while. 

EFBAB