Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So.....

Started by ADavisTheGOAT, January 27, 2018, 05:54:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on January 27, 2018, 05:54:36 pm
About that contract extension.

So..............you honestly think one regular season non conference game should make a difference in a contract extension of two years? 
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

20gauge

Quote from: TushCrush on January 27, 2018, 08:38:08 pm
Those who cry and moan at every opportunity are missing some good games. Tonight is an example.
Close games don't necessarily mean good.

racinghog

Quote from: Knot2brite on January 27, 2018, 08:54:15 pm

Kid from Tulsa that seems legit, kid from ft smith that also seems legit and a couple others that were ranked high for a while but have dropped some...of course he lost the Perry kid but that wasn't MA's fault and I congratulate him for not stopping to that level to sign a kid
Thanks and I applaud MA for not stooping to absurd levels to sign a PD. 

Danimal

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on January 27, 2018, 07:42:18 pm
When we shoot 39% from the floor and 55% from the stripe getting lucky is a beautiful thing.
I can't argue with that.

porkinsons disease

Quote from: Randohoggie on January 27, 2018, 08:28:50 pm
How about 3 years out of 4?
It's not guaranteed and all speculation right now. I hope like hell we do, but it is not a lock
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

TushCrush

Nothing is a lock. That's why you play the games.  Throw the stats out the window.

bjeffersonhog

''We were fortunate right there when they had two tips at the ball,'' Arkansas coach Mike Anderson said. ''I don't know if there's some Angel up there, but it just kept that ball out and we were able to get the win.

Funny when the coach you all are defending agrees with the person you are all calling an idiot for saying the last play was luck and not good defense.

bigred223

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 27, 2018, 08:51:21 pm
And they were missing their second and third leading scorers.

We cancelled that out by benching Gafford the whole game.

HognitiveDissonance

I'm not the huge-est MA fan in the world, but this is a game where people need to back off.
First, it was a win, and over a Power 5 school in the so-called 'Challenge' between Big 12 and SEC.
A win is a win.

Mainly, though, Ok St is one of those 2 or 3 schools I always hate playing. Pick a sport. Basketball, baseball, tiddlywinks...I hate playing them, because they absolutely have a chip on their shoulder when it comes to 'bigger' schools in their neck of the woods like OU and Ark. They will ALWAYS be more fired up to play us than we are to play them. They RELISH the opportunity.

Memphis is another school in that category. I always hated playing them too.

Actually, Missouri is another school in the same camp. I hate playing them too. It always seems they are more excited to play us than vice versa.

(on the flip side of that coin, whenever Ark plays Texas, pick a sport, Ark will ALWAYS have the motivational advantage. Ark will ALWAYS be more fired up to play Texas than vice versa)

So I never expected us to get revenge for that 99-71 beatdown over there in Stillwater last year, I was just hoping for a win.

This is a game where the numbers don't tell the whole story. Ok St is not great, but they had intangibles in this matchup.

20gauge

Quote from: bigred223 on January 27, 2018, 09:37:05 pm
We cancelled that out by benching Gafford the whole game.
Gafford did that with his fouling and poor play in this game. He's had a few of these this year. He also made the top that put us back in the lead

hawgball40

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on January 27, 2018, 09:48:50 pm
I'm not the huge-est MA fan in the world, but this is a game where people need to back off.
First, it was a win, and over a Power 5 school in the so-called 'Challenge' between Big 12 and SEC.
A win is a win.

Mainly, though, Ok St is one of those 2 or 3 schools I always hate playing. Pick a sport. Basketball, baseball, tiddlywinks...I hate playing them, because they absolutely have a chip on their shoulder when it comes to 'bigger' schools in their neck of the woods like OU and Ark. They will ALWAYS be more fired up to play us than we are to play them. They RELISH the opportunity.

Memphis is another school in that category. I always hated playing them too.

Actually, Missouri is another school in the same camp. I hate playing them too. It always seems they are more excited to play us than vice versa.

(on the flip side of that coin, whenever Ark plays Texas, pick a sport, Ark will ALWAYS have the motivational advantage. Ark will ALWAYS be more fired up to play Texas than vice versa)

So I never expected us to get revenge for that 99-71 beatdown over there in Stillwater last year, I was just hoping for a win.

This is a game where the numbers don't tell the whole story. Ok St is not great, but they had intangibles in this matchup.
I smited you, then i read the part where you admitted the win was good simply because you hate okie state. i hate those fags too. so we cool now and +1

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: hawgball40 on January 28, 2018, 05:04:27 pm
I smited you, then i read the part where you admitted the win was good simply because you hate okie state. i hate those fags too. so we cool now and +1
I didn't say I hated Ok St. I don't hate anybody, person or schools.
I said I hated playing them. I respect them, but it's a bigger deal to them(usually) than it is to us.