Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How many still think Bama and Kentucky are wins

Started by hogsanity, January 27, 2018, 07:45:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

After watching Bama shut down young and seeing their PG thats going to be a though game and Kent is starting to figure things out but still not a good shooting team many nights.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hawginbigd1

The way this team has played the last 3 weeks if you mark a W down on any game the rest of the season your glasses are a little too red!

porkinsons disease

This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

cardsNhogs

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 27, 2018, 07:47:27 pm
The way this team has played the last 3 weeks if you mark a W down on any game the rest of the season your glasses are a little too red!
Agree

elksnort

They are not playing near their potential. 

But this is not CMA's fault. At least this what I'm told.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: hogsanity on January 27, 2018, 07:45:17 pm
After watching Bama shut down young and seeing their PG thats going to be a though game and Kent is starting to figure things out but still not a good shooting team many nights.

Alabama has had their moments and Kentucky is not great

Hawg Red

I don't see any sure Ws or Ls left on the schedule. Just taking it a game at a time. We've won 3 in a row and that has me happy. Barford had a really bad game and the officiating was exceptionally horrible. I'm not worried about close wins. I've been that person before and it's pointless. We are winning. We can beat Alabama and Kentucky for sure. We can also lose to them. We'll see what happens. At A&M next.

20gauge

Every game we play the rest of the year will be just like what we have been seeing. It will do we make just enough plays for them to be wins. Or if the other team misses 3 point blank attempts at the end like tonight. Not a gimme game the rest of the way.

I'll take every win we can get. I think this team ends up around .500 in league, 1 game in the SEC tourney and probably the same result in the NCAA.

rtr

Every game is different, just have to keep winning close games.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

20gauge

Bama seems to be a bad match up for us. The Sexton kid is the real deal.

elksnort

Quote from: 20gauge on January 27, 2018, 07:53:01 pm
Every game we play the rest of the year will be just like what we have been seeing. It will do we make just enough plays for them to be wins. Or if the other team misses 3 point blank attempts at the end like tonight. Not a gimme game the rest of the way.

I'll take every win we can get. I think this team ends up around .500 in league, 1 game in the SEC tourney and probably the same result in the NCAA.
I'd say you are about right.
I guess it's nice to not play very well and still win.

jabber71

So Arkansas beat OU who are better the us which means we were lucky. Then Alabama beats OU which means Alabama is better the us. Then we beat OSU who beat OU which means we are no good. Is that what your trying to say?
You can't always convince someone you are right, but you can always convince them you think you're right!

Dropkick

Lud42

Quote from: jabber71 on January 27, 2018, 08:04:38 pm
So Arkansas beat OU who are better the us which means we were lucky. Then Alabama beats OU which means Alabama is better the us. Then we beat OSU who beat OU which means we are no good. Is that what your trying to say?
+1
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.--H.L. Mencken

hogsanity

No. But when people were making their predictions last week for the rest of the season many were marking bama and ky as wins. Just wonder if they still feel that way. The hog win over ou was perhaps the best game the hogs have played start to finish against a quality opponent this season.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

jgphillips3

Who the hell thought they were gimme's to begin with?  If you mark the schedule, you can find reasons to argue for win or lose but only a blind optimist is marking anything a guaranteed W right now.  Also, only a negative asshat would be marking them all L's.  I think most of us know we will have some hard fought wins and some tough losses coming.

k.c.hawg

When did people get so f'ng scared to just play the schedule and see what happens?? So the Albama that just got whipped by Ole Miss and beat the same Oklahoma team on their home court that we beat on a neutral court is scary now??? I never had them penciled in to beat Bama and I predicted Bama would beat OU. But it wouldn't surprise me if we beat them by 12 or lost by 12. That is what happens in good leagues.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

rtr

I'll step out on the limb and say we win both.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

sadhogfan

Gotta hate those though games.

Dominicanhog

Dirty

Danny J

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 27, 2018, 08:20:02 pm
I'll take 1-1...
with one small caveat...that the first 1 in the 1-1 is against UK...

Hogsfan1981

Logic of most people yes...but when you type it out they can't respond to it. Because at face value it looks retarded.

Bottom line is basketball this year is not so top heavy. No world beaters in the top 50 teams.

Any team can beat another team on any given night...from #1 to #50.

Top 25 has changed out more than any other year I can remember. Every team has bad night and great nights. We will need some more great nights.

Just keep improving. As for people on here complaining...just let them. Won't change anything.

I didn't have much hope for this season. I have been surprised with the team toughing out some close games.

I like this team. What you have is a bunch of football fans coming over...living and dying with every win/loss. Passionate but misguided.

popcornhog

I'm not sure what you mean by "still think."

If you don't respect the level of talent at UK, you're an idiot. But they're young and inconsistent, so it's defknitely winnable.

As for Bama, they've got the best player on the SEC, so if anyone thinks that one is an automatic win, they're not paying attention.

Two very tough teams. In order to win, we'll need to run the halfcourt offense through Gafford, play great defense on Sexton, and get some bench production.
WPS

GoHogs1091

Kentucky is mediocre because John Calipari is a mediocre Coach.

The future of SEC basketball is the following.

Ben Howland
Avery Johnson
Will Wade

I didn't put Bruce Pearl with the above because Pearl will probably get into some sort of NCAA trouble.

Randohoggie

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on January 27, 2018, 08:40:23 pm

Ben Howland
Avery Johnson
Will Wade

I didn't put Bruce Pearl with the above because Pearl will probably get into some sort of NCAA trouble.

ror

hawkhawg

I never counted either one of those games as sure wins.  You would be crazy to.  But I do think we can win them.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on January 27, 2018, 08:40:23 pm

Ben Howland
Avery Johnson
Will Wade

Mr Mediocre just got the W @ #7 WVU.. with 5 freshman no less..  What's Wade done besides our game?  Howland is as big a cheater as Pearl and Avery wins a nice game and loses the next, he hasn't gotten anywhere yet... Calapari and UK will always be our bell cow ..Pearl, Martin and Anderson will win more than your 3....

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 27, 2018, 08:47:34 pm
Mr Mediocre just got the W @ #7 WVU.. with 5 freshman no less..  What's Wade done besides our game?  Howland is as big a cheater as Pearl and Avery wins a nice game and loses the next, he hasn't gotten anywhere yet... Calapari and UK will always be our bell cow ..Pearl, Martin and Anderson will win more than your 3....

Howland doesn't have to cheat.  He has put a ton of players into the NBA.  High School talent looks for a Coach who can get them into the NBA.

Wade has been recruiting very well so far at LSU.  We saw first hand his coaching when he totally out-coached Anderson in Bud Walton.

Avery Johnson has turned into a good in-game bench Coach.

The rest of the SEC basketball coaching is blah.

hogwood

We will beat KY but lose @ AL

tennesseehogwild

It's about time for A & M to come out of their daze and catch fire again....smdh

k.c.hawg

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on January 27, 2018, 08:58:20 pm
Howland doesn't have to cheat.  He has put a ton of players into the NBA.  High School talent looks for a Coach who can get them into the NBA.

Wade has been recruiting very well so far at LSU.  We saw first hand his coaching when he totally out-coached Anderson in Bud Walton.

Avery Johnson has turned into a good in-game bench Coach.

The rest of the SEC basketball coaching is blah.

Ben Howland....one of the biggest D bags in basketball.....got his ass run from UCLA because the whole program was emabarassing the school, grades, pos players, zero attention to detail by the coach. Now he's 45-39 at MSU and 15-28 in the league while cheating his ass off and you are seriously calling him the future of this league. Put the bottle down and go to bed man.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: k.c.hawg on January 27, 2018, 09:16:36 pm
Ben Howland....one of the biggest D bags in basketball.....got his ass run from UCLA because the whole program was emabarassing the school, grades, pos players, zero attention to detail by the coach. Now he's 45-39 at MSU and 15-28 in the league while cheating his ass off and you are seriously calling him the future of this league. Put the bottle down and go to bed man.

Anderson is 1-3 against Howland, and that was with Howland rebuilding their program.

Howland is going to have a loaded experienced team next season.

Q. Weatherspoon   4 Star   All-SEC
N. Weatherspoon   4 Star  (it seems like 1 of the services had him ranked as a 5 Star)
Peters   4 Star
Carter   4 Star
Wright   4 Star
Herard   4 Star
Holman   4 Star
Ado   4 Star
Perry   5 Star
Woodard   4 Star
Stewart   4 Star

sadhogfan

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on January 27, 2018, 09:34:17 pm
Anderson is 1-3 against Howland, and that was with Howland rebuilding their program.

N. Weatherspoon   4 Star  (it seems like 1 of the services had him ranked as a 5 Star)
Peters   4 Star
Carter   4 Star
Wright   4 Star
Herard   4 Star
Holman   4 Star
Ado   4 Star
Perry   5 Star
Woodard   4 Star
Stewart   4 Star

And Dee Bost is the best SEC player since Charles Barkley, right?

PonderinHog

Razorback_Mack

Peters   4 Star
Carter   4 Star
Wright   4 Star
Herard   4 Star
Holman   4 Star
Ado   4 Star
Perry   5 Star
Woodard   4 Star
Stewart   4 Star
And MSU will finish behind us in the standings this year but I guess Ben will have that moral victory of a winning record against MA.

HogBreath

Stewart   4 Star
Howland always takes the fast forty to the ole woodshed.  And in a big way too.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: HogBreath on January 27, 2018, 09:48:18 pm
Howland always takes the fast forty to the woodshed.
Winning by 3 at home is the woodshed? Wow...what a concept.

sowmonella

Drops mic. Bam!
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 27, 2018, 07:52:50 pm
I don't see any sure Ws or Ls left on the schedule. Just taking it a game at a time. We've won 3 in a row and that has me happy. Barford had a really bad game and the officiating was exceptionally horrible. I'm not worried about close wins. I've been that person before and it's pointless. We are winning. We can beat Alabama and Kentucky for sure. We can also lose to them. We'll see what happens. At A&M next.

Solid post

jvanhorn

Quote from: elksnort on January 27, 2018, 07:50:43 pm
They are not playing near their potential. 

But this is not CMA's fault. At least this what I'm told.

lol, so the buck doesn't stop with the head coach?

jvanhorn

Quote from: Hogsfan1981 on January 27, 2018, 08:36:32 pm
Logic of most people yes...but when you type it out they can't respond to it. Because at face value it looks retarded.

Bottom line is basketball this year is not so top heavy. No world beaters in the top 50 teams.

Any team can beat another team on any given night...from #1 to #50.

Top 25 has changed out more than any other year I can remember. Every team has bad night and great nights. We will need some more great nights.

Just keep improving. As for people on here complaining...just let them. Won't change anything.

I didn't have much hope for this season. I have been surprised with the team toughing out some close games.

I like this team. What you have is a bunch of football fans coming over...living and dying with every win/loss. Passionate but misguided.

Yes, they are misguided.  They should skip this pile of mediocre and just get ready for Van Horn and the baseball season.  They will be a lot happier.  I don't anything against Anderson but I said he would do here what he did at Missouri. And so he has, but you can't blame a duck for being a duck.  You look at his record at Missouri and here and he now has long and easy to read track record.

hogfanny

I don't know but at least 12202 and countin   still think you suck!

Athog

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 27, 2018, 07:47:27 pm

Agree! If you do you are on a sugar high from the kool aid!

(notOM)Rebel123

Peters   4 Star
Carter   4 Star
Wright   4 Star
Herard   4 Star
Holman   4 Star
Ado   4 Star
Perry   5 Star
Woodard   4 Star
Stewart   4 Star

Wow! Recruiting like that to Starkville might just get a look from the boys at the NCAA. .
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Kevin

The NCAA is too busy in cya mode over Michigan state to care 

Did not watch Kentucky. Bama did look good yesterday. They have what gives the hogs fits, a good quick point guard
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

razorpimp

Only way this Hog team beats @Alabama is to not press/trap, play tight half court defense, probably match up zone.  I actually think the key to beating Alabama is to slow it down....which I have little faith CMA will do...cannot get into a run/gun with them

Capt. Hamm

This team can beat anyone on any given night. That said, they can also get beat by anyone too.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Capt. Hamm on January 28, 2018, 07:22:51 am
This team can beat anyone on any given night. That said, they can also get beat by anyone too.

you can say the same about most teams...

Hoggish1

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 27, 2018, 07:52:34 pm
Alabama has had their moments and Kentucky is not great

Unfortunately yesterdays KY win gave them an idea of what they need down the stretch.  Not good.  Alabama is getting good coaching to go with two or three really talented players.