Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 26, 2015, 10:39:39 am
I'm taking the Eagles +3 for 5 units and gonna see what happens after that. I've taken a beating the past couple weeks...been ugly. I drunkenly threw 3 bills on Holly Holm which bailed me out nicely but my football picks have been garbage. If this weekend goes south for me again, I'm probably gonna hang em up for the year...gotta know when to fold em.

Looks like most everyone else has done pretty well this season though! It does make me happy to know the man doesn't always win. Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving & comes out on top today.

Good luck buddy.
Let's make some waves.

I am also Thankful that this thread has 185 pages, over 9200 posts, and over 250,000 views (wow)

And very little animosity!
Let's make some waves.

Huckleberry Pig

Agreed. Jeff I agree with your Carolina pick (actually talked about that game a page before) but I just can't bring myself to get against my Cowboys.  Good luck

Let's make some waves.

ChicoHog

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on November 26, 2015, 01:57:03 pm
Eagles suck!
The Philadelphia Eagles do suck.  The band Eagles are great!

I have Detroit today thank god.  I just don't get how the Panthers are pick 'em vs the Cowboys.  Something smells here.  Does the public think it's Dallas'turn to shine on Thanksgiving Day?  Maybe.  I am still taking Carolina.

Want to to take Hogs tomorrow but scared of the weather forecast for cold and rainy which could hurt our prolific passing game. 

Oliver

Quote from: ChicoHog on November 26, 2015, 02:58:21 pm
The Philadelphia Eagles do suck.  The band Eagles are great!

I have Detroit today thank god.  I just don't get how the Panthers are pick 'em vs the Cowboys.  Something smells here.  Does the public think it's Dallas'turn to shine on Thanksgiving Day?  Maybe.  I am still taking Carolina.

Want to to take Hogs tomorrow but scared of the weather forecast for cold and rainy which could hurt our prolific passing game. 

Short week always favors home team, but I bet Panthers also.
Let's make some waves.

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Oliver

Let's make some waves.

Huckleberry Pig

jkstock04

Whelp! Philly s**t the bed today, lol horrible bet. Got my bets set for Friday already. My thanks for comin out Waterloo type of card..we'll see what happens:

Marshall +11, 10 units (dime play)
Navy -3, 5 units
Tulsa -7, 4 units

Hope everyone wins (unless they are betting against me lol) GHG

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

hogsanity

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 26, 2015, 11:18:35 pm
Whelp! Philly s**t the bed today, lol horrible bet. Got my bets set for Friday already. My thanks for comin out Waterloo type of card..we'll see what happens:

Marshall +11, 10 units (dime play)
Navy -3, 5 units
Tulsa -7, 4 units

Hope everyone wins (unless they are betting against me lol) GHG

I am all over that Tulsa game, Tulane simply reeks this year. Tulsa is not great but Tulane is dreadful.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ChicoHog

HogSanity=thanks for the tip on Tulsa.  I am on Iowa today but I just don't get why the line is so low.  Kind of like Dallas/Carolina yesterday.  Iowa is a much better team even though it is at NU and the Huskers need the game for bowl eligibility. Also on Navy, Miss st, UCLA, Duke, UTEP, Toledo as always, FSU, and under on Vandy/Tenner.

Can't decide on UM/OSU.  Want to bet on Harbaugh but something tells me the Fighting Liars may pull this one out. 

Favorites so far today

Pitt -7 / 2 units
Toledo -6.5 / 3 units
Iowa -1 / 2 units
Western KY -10 / 1 units
Let's make some waves.

Huckleberry Pig

Lost my 2 unit parlay but won my 4 unit Tech bet.

+2 units so far (didn't count winnings from last week as I posted late and strictly tailed anyways).

Today I'm on:
Navy -1.5     3 units
Iowa -1.5    3 units
Michigan pk    2 units
UNC -5.5     3 units
Clemson -3.5    3 units
Toledo -8     2 units
UCLA +3.5      2 units
Florida St. -2.5    2 units

Huckleberry Pig

None of my games looking good early, hoping this doesn't turn into an ugly day

That said its still very early in all of them

WILL CLINTON

Happy turkey hangover to everyone.

Tulsa -7
Washington -7.5 (very small)
Iowa -3 (very small)

Good luck.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Just added Missouri. +14.5 / 3 units

Reall like over 44 in this one also, but couldn't pull the trigger.
Let's make some waves.

My morning is looking ugly this far as well, but that must play all 4 qtrs :) here's hoping
Let's make some waves.

ChicoHog

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on November 27, 2015, 11:07:02 am
Lost my 2 unit parlay but won my 4 unit Tech bet.

+2 units so far (didn't count winnings from last week as I posted late and strictly tailed anyways).

Today I'm on:
Navy -1.5     3 units
Iowa -1.5    3 units
Michigan pk    2 units
UNC -5.5     3 units
Clemson -3.5    3 units
Toledo -8     2 units
UCLA +3.5      2 units
Florida St. -2.5    2 units
Clemson -3.5?  They are 17 point favorites. 

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Huckleberry Pig

Sorry Chico, that was a typo! Yes have Clemson at -17

SPAL

November 27, 2015, 01:44:49 pm #9223 Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 04:41:26 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot
Baylor -2...L

Huckleberry Pig

November 27, 2015, 01:52:38 pm #9224 Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 02:50:00 pm by Huckleberry Pig
Taking Iowa -2.5 for 4 units - chasing here

Have Iowa at -.5 for 2 units and -2.5 for 4 units.  Will erase my losses and then some from this morning should it work out

widespreadsooie

Huckleberry Pig

Huckleberry Pig

Huckleberry Pig

Won 6 units on Iowa but lost Toledo, navy, and two teasers. Currently down 1 unit overall between today and yesterday.

No more teasers, and no more parlays over 3 teams.  Was having a little fun but bowl season is almost here and would love a solid bankroll going into it.  If you've followed Jeff at all, you know why.  Great time of the year to follow him!

Will start playing fewer games as well, but it's rivalry week and iv been drinking most of the last two days - gotta have a little fun. 

Still wish I had bet against my cowboys.  Was all over the game but couldn't pull the trigger against my team

November 27, 2015, 09:18:08 pm #9229 Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 08:13:19 am by Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson
Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on November 27, 2015, 06:36:40 pm
Won 6 units on Iowa but lost Toledo, navy, and two teasers. Currently down 1 unit overall between today and yesterday.

No more teasers, and no more parlays over 3 teams.  Was having a little fun but bowl season is almost here and would love a solid bankroll going into it.  If you've followed Jeff at all, you know why.  Great time of the year to follow him!

Will start playing fewer games as well, but it's rivalry week and iv been drinking most of the last two days - gotta have a little fun. 

Still wish I had bet against my cowboys.  Was all over the game but couldn't pull the trigger against my team

Thanks baby. I expect to hit and will over 80% on bowls

Money making time.
Let's make some waves.

onebadrubi

hogsanity

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 27, 2015, 10:47:14 pm
How about that Tulsa cover?  Holy cow!!!

I ad given up on that and I had 10 units on them.  Then of course I had a 4 team parlay, iowa, tulsa, Ar and Baylor. Of course the baylor safety pulls a complete rock when his team mate is going to at least knock down the ball, likey pick it, and bails out TCU with just a stupid PI call.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ChicoHog

Hogsanity-I made the mistake of taking your advice on the Tulsa game!  ouch!  Oh well, I have to make it up tomorrow.   I had a bad day today going 2-4 after having a 3-0 day yesterday. I chickened out on the Hogs and the under which would have been great.  Thank god TCU came through in the quagmire in Ft. Worth.  Lot of great games tomorrow. 

hogsanity

Quote from: ChicoHog on November 27, 2015, 11:54:11 pm
Hogsanity-I made the mistake of taking your advice on the Tulsa game!  ouch!  Oh well, I have to make it up tomorrow.   I had a bad day today going 2-4 after having a 3-0 day yesterday. I chickened out on the Hogs and the under which would have been great.  Thank god TCU came through in the quagmire in Ft. Worth.  Lot of great games tomorrow. 

???? I was all over Tulsa at -7. Got the miracle cover on back to back pick sixes. Of course i am about to give it all back on Arizona.

Huckleberry Pig

Ya we got lucky in that Tulsa game! Back to back pick 6's - and that game bailed me from a bad day

Huckleberry Pig

November 28, 2015, 12:00:37 am #9235 Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 02:30:33 am by Huckleberry Pig
Was down 2 units going into Tulsa, had 4 units in them so up overall 1 unit for the day (juice).

Went 2-3 today (1-0 SU yesterday)but finished in the green.  Very lucky day

onebadrubi

Quote from: ChicoHog on November 27, 2015, 11:54:11 pm

I think next time this guy logs in to see his account he will be pleasantly surprised. Lol.

ChicoHog

Quote from: hogsanity on November 27, 2015, 11:56:30 pm
???? I was all over Tulsa at -7. Got the miracle cover on back to back pick sixes. Of course i am about to give it all back on Arizona.
I am an idiot!  I turned it off and kept the TV on the TCU game after I saw Tulane score a TD to go ahead 34-24 I think with less than 7 or 8 minutes left.  I just assumed Tulane won the game and of course covered at the minimum.  My 2-4 day just went to 3-3.  Thanks for the great pick Hogsanity!  What a freakin' miracle!   

ChicoHog

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 28, 2015, 12:03:44 am
I think next time this guy logs in to see his account he will be pleasantly surprised. Lol.
You are correct! 

hogsanity

Quote from: ChicoHog on November 28, 2015, 12:06:26 am
I am an idiot!  I turned it off and kept the TV on the TCU game after I saw Tulane score a TD to go ahead 34-24 I think with less than 7 or 8 minutes left.  I just assumed Tulane won the game and of course covered at the minimum.  My 2-4 day just went to 3-3.  Thanks for the great pick Hogsanity!  What a freakin' miracle!   

I turned it off when Tulane went up 34-24, accidentally hit the back button right after Tulsa went up 38-34 then watch time melt away. When that big DE picked that pass I figured that was it, never dreamed he would go 90 for the TD.  I made a lot of money on Tulane not covering, tonight was by far the best they had played for 52 minutes anyway.

Green_Lanternn

florida state vs florida
Michigan vs Ohio State.

Any thoughts on these?

hogsanity

Quote from: Green_Lanternn on November 28, 2015, 12:27:37 am
florida state vs florida
Michigan vs Ohio State.

Any thoughts on these?

Staying away from both of those.

Tomorrow I have

louis -6
wv -13.5
rutg -2.5
duke -3

widespreadsooie

Tomorrow's card:

Sip St +1
Minny +3
UT St +3.5
MIC +2
SC +19
FL +2.5

Huckleberry Pig

November 28, 2015, 02:16:49 am #9243 Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 02:29:27 am by Huckleberry Pig
Straight up 3-3 over the last two days for +1 unit, have timed a couple of big bets well to keep me up but need to lay off the parlays.

Tomorrow have:
Michigan pk    2 units
UNC -5.5     3 units
UCLA     2 units
Clemson  -16.5     3 units
Florida State -2.5    2 units

Quote from: ChicoHog on November 28, 2015, 12:06:26 am

:)   Great when it happens like that!
Let's make some waves.

So far

FL St -2.5 / dime play
Louisville -6 / dime play
Michigan +1 / 3 units
Penn ST +10 / 3 units
Va Tech -3 / 3 units
Notre Dame +3.5 / dime play
Let's make some waves.

Let's make some waves.

jkstock04

Same deal for me on the Tulsa game...went to bed assuming that was sunk. LOL saved me from going 0-fer but obviously I easily should've. Oh well...ill pay the man this weekend and be done with it....try her again next season and see what happens.

(BTW LOVE ND today +3! Would be my #1 play if I was betting)
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

ChicoHog

As a big ND fan I was thinking Stanford would win this week with all the Irish injuries and they have not played well offensively the last couple weeks.  Now I am thinking again about taking them.  Stanford's fullback is out and Irish have a big point to prove as this is their last game. I wanted to go to this game as I live about 200 miles away but my daughter is visiting from Portland this weekend so I stayed home!

Picks today:
UCLA, FSU, Under on Vandy/Tenner, Under on NW/Illinois, Duke, UTEP, Louisville, AZ st, Miss st, WVU.

ChicoHog

Quote from: Green_Lanternn on November 28, 2015, 12:27:37 am
florida state vs florida
Michigan vs Ohio State.

Any thoughts on these?
I really want to bet on Harbaugh but I am not touching it.  I did take FSU.  UF offense has been horrible lately.  I think a low scoring game like 20-13 FSU.