Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Having a hard time understanding South Carolina game

Started by Biggus Piggus, October 14, 2017, 01:05:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Piggus

I am watching South Carolina-Tennessee. This is a dreadful football game. Both teams are competent on defense, not great, but inept on offense. Getting a first down is a major victory.

Tennessee leads 9-3. It does not look as though the Cocks can score without major assistance, such as turnovers or a kick/punt return.

The hard thing to understand is how Arkansas looked so bad against South Carolina. The Hogs made this sad-sack team look great. How does that happen? It was not just the turnovers. Carolina moved the ball some too. It's quite disheartening. Makes me fear for what Alabama is going to do.
[CENSORED]!

rhames

At one point Tennessee ran it like 6 straight times and averaged like 7 yards a carry
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Porkchop#1

The Vols may be covering the Gamethingey's tight end, which is something we didn't like to do.

onebadrubi

The thing about USC this week is after a game like they had last week, they will ALWAYS play down.  Only a very few elite type football teams (both college and NFL) will play up to par after having a week like they did last week.  Tenner should have been a bettors dream today. 

East Clintwood

Quote from: rhames on October 14, 2017, 01:07:32 pm
At one point Tennessee ran it like 6 straight times and averaged like 7 yards a carry

Their biggest problem is that once they reach the red zone they start moving backwards.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

rhames

Quote from: East Clintwood on October 14, 2017, 01:10:21 pm

Their biggest problem is that once they reach the red zone they start moving backwards.

SC has a pretty good red zone defense to be fair.

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

Redhogs

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on October 14, 2017, 01:05:41 pm
I am watching South Carolina-Tennessee. This is a dreadful football game. Both teams are competent on defense, not great, but inept on offense. Getting a first down is a major victory.

Tennessee leads 9-3. It does not look as though the Cocks can score without major assistance, such as turnovers or a kick/punt return.

The hard thing to understand is how Arkansas looked so bad against South Carolina. The Hogs made this sad-sack team look great. How does that happen? It was not just the turnovers. Carolina moved the ball some too. It's quite disheartening. Makes me fear for what Alabama is going to do.
Answer:  the Hogs are a very poorly coached and prepared team, week in and week out...now that's a no brainer.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Cylinder

Biggus Piggus

South Carolina and Tennessee are tied 9-9 in the fourth quarter. Vols' offense is so bad, their defense is beginning to wear out.
[CENSORED]!

rljjr

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on October 14, 2017, 01:30:02 pm
South Carolina and Tennessee are tied 9-9 in the fourth quarter. Vols' offense is so bad, their defense is beginning to wear out.

This one will come down to which team wants it the least. Nobody will win it.

rhames

Quote from: rljjr on October 14, 2017, 01:32:19 pm
This one will come down to which team wants it the least. Nobody will win it.

I'm pulling for south Carolina. I just don't want to be the only fanbase in the SEC that is doomed.

rljjr

Quote from: rhames on October 14, 2017, 01:33:30 pm

I'm pulling for south Carolina. I just don't want to be the only fanbase in the SEC that is doomed.

Same. I think Tenner would have the guts to fire Butch mid-season.

rhames

Quote from: rljjr on October 14, 2017, 01:34:42 pm
Same. I think Tenner would have the guts to fire Butch mid-season.

I think they can him tomorrow if they lose

HoggyCat

I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Tejano Jawg

I don't have coffee strong enough to keep me in this game.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Biggus Piggus

This game is a clear example of why the SEC is no longer the best conference in college football. Might be number five.
[CENSORED]!

nwa_razorback_coffee

Tennessee coaching staff makes CBB halftime adjustments

rljjr

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on October 14, 2017, 01:40:36 pm
This game is a clear example of why the SEC is no longer the best conference in college football. Might be number five.

Still better than the Big12 if for nothing other than Southern fan interest.

After that you're spot on. So hard to watch.

Biggus Piggus

What's really galling is - ever since we steamrolled Texas Tech in Lubbock - the careers of Kingsbury and Bielema have headed in opposite directions.

Texas Tech is handling West Virginia so far today. Red Raiders might be 5-1 today.
[CENSORED]!

MuskogeeHogFan

We gave up 358 yards to USC last weekend in 4 full quarters. With 5 minutes left they have 295 against Tennessee. Not a lot of difference except that we handed them 24 of their 48 points last week and probably more after we kept setting them up with great field position.
Go Hogs Go!

rljjr

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on October 14, 2017, 01:44:24 pm
What's really galling is - ever since we steamrolled Texas Tech in Lubbock - the careers of Kingsbury and Bielema have headed in opposite directions.

Texas Tech is handling West Virginia so far today. Red Raiders might be 5-1 today.

Yeah, and that's hard to stomach since that guy is a total tool.

Wisco Pig

Been reading your posts for years here, Biggus.  You understand quite well how Arkansas looked so bad against South Carolina.

alohawg

The play calling was plain dumb for UT. 5 yds on 1st and abandoned the run with 5 minutes to play.  ::)

SC fans with the 'keep Butch Jones' shirts  :D
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

rljjr

Wow. Tenner down 3 with 4 to play and the fans are fleeing in droves.

Hawgvillain

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 14, 2017, 01:10:07 pm
The thing about USC this week is after a game like they had last week, they will ALWAYS play down.  Only a very few elite type football teams (both college and NFL) will play up to par after having a week like they did last week.  Tenner should have been a bettors dream today. 
Sc looks almost certain to cover

rljjr

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Im more afraid of what Auburn will do. Those boys seem to have a vendetta against us. Maybe its the bielema/ Malzahn thing
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

ur

Tenn losing by 3 to sc and everyone knows their coach will get fired even though he has recruited well.
We lose by 26 to sc with obvious recruiting issues and all we hear from the sunshine pumpers is we still have a chance to salvage the season and the program is fine.

East Clintwood

Quote from: rljjr on October 14, 2017, 01:50:58 pm
Wow. Tenner down 3 with 4 to play and the fans are fleeing in droves.

They know what to expect.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Boardon Hamsay

I feel a thread reacting to the BC-Louisville coming very soon.....

Right on schedule!
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Porkchop#1

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 14, 2017, 01:10:07 pm
Lol...what made the gamethingey's looks so good last week?

They were playing us, everyone looks real good against CBB's teams.

You haven't noticed that?

PorkRinds

Quote from: ur on October 14, 2017, 01:56:58 pm
Tenn losing by 3 to sc and everyone knows their coach will get fired even though he has recruited well.
We lose by 26 to sc with obvious recruiting issues and all we hear from the sunshine pumpers is we still have a chance to salvage the season and the program is fine.

I've literally not seen anyone say the program is fine.

rljjr

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on October 14, 2017, 01:58:11 pm
I feel a thread reacting to the BC-Louisville coming very soon.....

Right on schedule!

Just passing on a score, DKR. There's not a scores thread started. Feel free.

PorkRinds

David†

007 License To Squeal

I expected some sort of ROP to the right side....That side was wide open the preceding play.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

HiggiePiggy

So I wonder who Tennessee is going to get to replace him. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: ur on October 14, 2017, 01:56:58 pm
Yeah, nobody has said that. If people you hang out with have said that then you need to find new people to hang out with.

Hell, even Wally is beating the war drums.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: rljjr on October 14, 2017, 02:09:13 pm
Just passing on a score, DKR. There's not a scores thread started. Feel free.

Oh the score is great. I was leaning more with what mr Swinestein accommodated us with in MMQB.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

ur

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 14, 2017, 02:06:10 pm
I’ve literally not seen anyone say the program is fine.
Quote from: golf2day on October 14, 2017, 02:14:23 pm
Yeah, nobody has said that. If people you hang out with have said that then you need to find new people to hang out with.

Hell, even Wally is beating the war drums.
Anyone willing to give BB another year even if he wins out after the next two losses. Not happening

PorkRinds

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 14, 2017, 02:13:28 pm
So I wonder who Tennessee is going to get to replace him.

Whoever it is they'll pay them more than us.

rljjr

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on October 14, 2017, 02:16:34 pm
Oh the score is great. I was leaning more with what mr Swinestein accommodated us with in MMQB.

Apologies. I am on guard for the Hogville "Snarkasm."

ricepig

David†

HiggiePiggy

Before butch jones got there they were pretty bad for awhile.  He may be getting fired, but he brought the team back from being terrible.  So a person taking over might be able to build on it and turn them back into a contender.  Really depends on who they get though.  That division is pretty weak overall.

PorkRinds

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 14, 2017, 02:29:53 pm
Before butch jones got there they were pretty bad for awhile.  He may be getting fired, but he brought the team back from being terrible.  So a person taking over might be able to build on it and turn them back into a contender.  Really depends on who they get though.  That division is pretty weak overall.

They're still terrible though.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 14, 2017, 02:31:03 pm
They're still terrible though.

I wouldn't say they are terrible, they are just quitting on the coach now. They will probably finish out the season with a losing record.  They have talent there though.  This is far from terrible which they were before Jones took over. 

Tejano Jawg

Still hard to believe that ultra-average South Carolina team totally hammered us last week. Who knows, the Hogs may have sparked the turning point of Muschamp and the Gamecocks program. Maybe they'll be thanking us all the way to the bowl season. Glad we could help.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Vantage 8 dude

Haven't seen Mizzou; however, UT may very well have the only SEC program that could approach ours in terms of OL futility. At least our QB appears to have the advantage over anything they have. Then again, that matters little in the scheme of things.