Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kevaughn Allen Iverson (Shot Volume-wise)

Started by The Hogfather, November 27, 2015, 10:04:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway
‏ @gatorhoops

Beyond the arc: 3 takeaways from UF's 65-41 win over South Carolina http://www.gatorsports.com/2018/02/beyond-arc-3-takeaways-ufs-65-41-win-south-carolina/ ... via @GatorSports.com

Quote— Allen, though, was unable get going offensively in his new role as sixth man, going 1 for 6 from the field with just 4 points. The 6-foot-2 Allen missed a runout layup in the first half and had a first-half 3-pointer called back due to, you guessed it, a shot clock violation. It may take time for Allen, who already is not an assertive scorer by nature, to learn how to handle coming into a game off the bench.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

The Hogfather

Quote from: jbcarol on February 11, 2018, 08:15:04 am
Kevin Brockway
‏ @gatorhoops

Beyond the arc: 3 takeaways from UF's 65-41 win over South Carolina http://www.gatorsports.com/2018/02/beyond-arc-3-takeaways-ufs-65-41-win-south-carolina/ ... via @GatorSports.com

What do you know?  Even if he comes off of the bench, he's still not good.

Also, they worded that perfectly because he's not an assertive scorer, just an assertive shooter.  If he made more, he'd be an assertive scorer. 

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway
‏ @gatorhoops
22m22 minutes ago

Egor and KeVaughn both miss 3s in closing seconds. Vanderbilt 71, Florida 68 final. #Gators fall to 17-10, 8-6 SEC
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway
‏ @gatorhoops
15m15 minutes ago

Gators squander another lead, fall at Vandy http://www.gatorsports.com/2018/02/gators-squander-another-lead-fall-vandy/ ... via @GatorSports.com

QuoteNASHVILLE, Tenn. — Another game. Another blown second-half lead for the Florida Gators.

Vanderbilt senior guard Riley LaChance put the Commodores ahead to stay with a driving layup with 1:51 left Saturday, and Vanderbilt held on the beat the Gators 71-68 at Memorial Gym.

Florida had two chances to force overtime, but senior guard Egor Koulechov missed a turn-around, corner 3-point attempt with five seconds left. Then, off a scramble, junior guard KeVaughn Allen was able to get off a 3-point attempt just before the buzzer that rimmed out.

VANDERBILT 71, FLORIDA 68
FLORIDA (17-10)

Stone 7-11 4-4 20, Hayes 2-5 1-2 5, Koulechov 5-11 0-0 14, Allen 3-8 0-0 7, Chiozza 3-10 0-0 6, Bassett 1-1 0-0 2, Ballard 0-1 0-0 0, Hudson 4-12 2-4 10, Okauru 2-4 0-1 4. Totals 27-63 7-11 68.
VANDERBILT (11-16)

Roberson 6-11 12-12 26, Obinna 1-2 0-0 2, Evans 2-2 2-2 8, LaChance 7-12 5-6 21, Lee 0-4 1-2 1, Brown 0-0 0-0 0, Baptiste 0-0 0-0 0, Willis 0-3 0-0 0, Toye 4-7 2-2 13. Totals 20-41 22-24 71.

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway
‏ @gatorhoops

Florida drops third straight, falls at Tennessee http://www.gatorsports.com/2018/02/florida-drops-third-straight-falls-tennessee/ ... via @GatorSports.com

White on benching KeVaughn Allen late, "I went with the guys who were aggressive and KeVaughn was not aggressive."

QuoteNo. 19 TENNESSEE 62, FLORIDA 57

FLORIDA (17-11)
Stone 3-9 4-7 11, Hayes 4-5 1-2 9, Chiozza 5-10 0-2 11, Allen 0-3 0-0 0, Koulechov 2-10 1-2 7, Bassett 2-3 0-0 4, Gak 0-0 0-0 0, Ballard 0-4 0-0 0, Okauru 1-5 0-0 2, Hudson 4-11 3-3 13. Totals 21-60 9-16 57.

TENNESSEE (20-7)
Williams 8-13 7-8 23, Schofield 7-17 1-1 16, Alexander 0-0 0-0 0, Bowden 2-5 5-6 9, Bone 3-9 0-0 6, Pons 0-0 0-0 0, Fulkerson 0-2 0-0 0, Daniel 1-3 0-0 3, J.Johnson 0-0 0-0 0, Darrington 0-0 0-0 0, Turner 2-4 0-0 5. Totals 23-53 13-15 62.

3-Point Goals_Florida 6-24 (Koulechov 2-6, Hudson 2-6, Chiozza 1-2, Stone 1-6, Ballard 0-1, Okauru 0-1, Allen 0-2)

jbcarol

No. 12 Auburn rallies in 2nd half but falls at Florida with share of SEC title on line

QuoteTigers tried to claw back into the game bit by bit in the second half. They got within four with 11:48 to play on the heels of a 15-5 run, and briefly took the lead three times in the final four minutes -- holding a lead for all of 53 seconds on the night -- but each time the Gators had an answer.

More often than not, it was in the form of a jumper by Allen, who started 0-for-5 from the floor but finished with 24 points and shot 6-of-10 from beyond the arc just one game removed from being held scoreless against Tennessee.

"He's a very talented player, and I think probably coaches -- how do you go 24 one game and zero in one game? But he's a dangerous player," Pearl said. "He's a dangerous weapon, and maybe tonight gets him kickstarted a little bit, because we tried to guard him but he made some tough shots. He had a good feeling tonight."

Allen responded with a 3-pointer to put the Gators back on top, 63-62.

Heron, who finished with a team-high 22 points on 8-of-11 shooting in his return from a stomach virus, made two free throws to again give Auburn a one-point lead, but Allen answered again with a 3-pointer to put the Gators up, 66-64.

"He's so capable of that," Florida coach Mike White said. "... I was really proud that he remained aggressive. He had a meeting with a couple of his teammates he's really close with, and they encouraged him and challenged him at the same time, because when he's aggressive, other guys gain confidence. He's an electric scorer, and he's one of the few guys who can start 0-for-5 and make his next six. He can really fill it up."

It was the Gators' 13th made 3-pointer of the night, which Pearl said was equally disappointing as the fact the Tigers committed 13 first-half turnovers and finished with 16 for the game.

"Like, gameplan: Don't turn it over. Don't let them beat you from 3," Pearl said. "It's pretty simple."

Allen had a rare miss in the final minute that gave Auburn the ball and a chance to tie or take the lead, but Brown's 3-point attempt was blocked. He finished with six points on 2-of-8 shooting but added five assists as his shooting slump continued.

"It feels good to get a win," Allen said. "We've been losing a lot of close games lately. To win this game is big for us."

It snapped a three-game losing streak for Florida and extended the Gators' win streak against Auburn to 11 games --

jbcarol

Jake Winderman
‏Verified account @jakewinderman
10h10 hours ago

KeVaughn Allen's three-quarter court shot to end the first half was No. 1 on the 1 a.m. edition of @SportsCenter. #Gators

SEC Network‏Verified account @SECNetwork

KeVaughn Allen has RANGE: http://bit.ly/2opDzHJ

jbcarol

Haleigh Singer
‏ @Haleigh_Singer
Feb 24

Coach Mike White just asked any student who sees Allen on campus to tell him to "shoot the basketball"

The Hogfather

Gotta give it to him, he had a great game.  He has those about once every 30th game.  His coach has always says he has to "beg him to shoot", which cracks me up.  Dude has been shooting 10+ shots a game since he stepped onto campus.  We hear that until Allen has a 3-15 (1-10) game and then we don't hear about his coach begging him to shoot it for another 10 games.

The Hogfather

Quote from: The Hogfather on February 26, 2018, 01:41:37 pm
Gotta give it to him, he had a great game.  He has those about once every 30th game.  His coach has always says he has to "beg him to shoot", which cracks me up.  Dude has been shooting 10+ shots a game since he stepped onto campus.  We hear that until Allen has a 3-15 (1-10) game and then we don't hear about his coach begging him to shoot it for another 10 games.

Although they won by 1,000,000, I bet White wishes he didn't tell Allen to shoot a ton.  Back to the game I said would come.  He went 4-12 (1-8 from 3) for 13 points.  12 shots, including 8 threes, to get to 13 points.  Superstar.

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway
‏ @gatorhoops
6h6 hours ago

Beyond the arc: 3 takeaways from UF's 80-72 loss to Arkansas in the SEC Tournament http://www.gatorsports.com/2018/03/beyond-the-arc-3-takeaways-from-ufs-80-72-loss-to-arkansas-in-the-sec-tournament/ ... via @GatorSports.com

QuoteThree observations following UF's 80-72 loss to Arkansas in the SEC Tournament on Friday night:

— From a shot selection standpoint, Florida reverted to taking some ugly ones...

— Florida continued its late season free-throw regression, going 9 of 14 (64.3 percent) from the line. With 1:05 left and Florida down 69-60, the Gators had a chance to cut it to a two-possession game when KeVaughn Allen was fouled on a 3-point attempt. But Allen, a 92.3 percent free throw shooter, made just 1 of 3 free throws in a pressure spot.

FLORIDA (20-12)

Hayes 2-3 0-0 4, Hudson 2-9 0-2 6, Allen 4-11 1-3 11, Koulechov 2-11 2-2 8, Chiozza 5-11 4-4 16...

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway
‏ @gatorhoops
1m1 minute ago

Florida now 6-19 from 3, 2 of last 12 after 4 for 7 start

The Hogfather

Quote from: jbcarol on March 17, 2018, 09:36:47 pm
Kevin Brockway
‏ @gatorhoops
1m1 minute ago

Florida now 6-19 from 3, 2 of last 12 after 4 for 7 start

Allen 2-10 and 1-4 from 3.  3 assists and 3 turnovers.  Basically, just his average game.

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway
‏ @gatorhoops

Beyond the arc: 3 takeaways from UF's 69-66 loss to Texas Tech http://www.gatorsports.com/2018/03/beyond-the-arc-3-takeaways-from-ufs-69-66-to-texas-tech ... via @GatorSports.com

QuoteThree observations from sixth-seeded UF's 69-66 loss to third-seeded Texas Tech in the NCAA Tournament in Dallas on Saturday night:

— It was fitting, perhaps, that the season came to an end on a KeVaughn Allen missed shot.

The Hogfather

Now we just have to wait to see if he's going to leave early.  He's a lottery pick, right?  He's taller than Beard and looks better in his uniform.  He doesn't really play any better than Beard, but he has to be much better, right?  I mean, just look at him.

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway
‏ @gatorhoops

Florida finished the year ranked 337th in the nation (out of 351 teams) in points per possession out of timeouts (0.722). Something #Gator coaching staff will need to work on during offseason.

The Hogfather

1st game of the season vs. Florida State:

23 minutes of scoreless basketball (0-4 FG, 0-2 from 3, 1 rebound, 2 assists, 0 turnovers).

At least he didn't shoot it 10+ times like he has in past years.

The Hogfather

Season update to show exactly what we're missing:

Averaging 23.7 minutes, 7.3 points, 33.3% FG (18.2% from 3), 1.7 rebounds, 1.7 assists, 0.7 TOs, 2 steals, 1.3 fouls per game.  He's averaging about 6 shots per game, with nearly 4 of those being 3s, which he's only shooting at 18%.  Wonder why his minutes are down?

Ballin'!

Imagine how good we'd be if we only had those numbers....

FineAsSwine

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 21, 2018, 10:53:12 am
Season update to show exactly what we're missing:

Averaging 23.7 minutes, 7.3 points, 33.3% FG (18.2% from 3), 1.7 rebounds, 1.7 assists, 0.7 TOs, 2 steals, 1.3 fouls per game.  He's averaging about 6 shots per game, with nearly 4 of those being 3s, which he's only shooting at 18%.  Wonder why his minutes are down?

Ballin'!

Imagine how good we'd be if we only had those numbers....

Let's ask IceMan
Hogs up! Covid down!

The Hogfather

A little better today:

10 points, 4-10 FG (2-5 from 3), 0-2 FTs, 4 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 TOs, 1 steal, 1 foul in 32 minutes. 

Still not great.

jbcarol

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 21, 2018, 03:26:22 pm
A little better today:

10 points, 4-10 FG (2-5 from 3), 0-2 FTs, 4 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 TOs, 1 steal, 1 foul in 32 minutes. 

Still not great.

http://www.secsports.com/boxscore/mens-basketball/401083156

Shot chart for UF's 65-60 loss to OU

jbcarol

FineAsSwine

Hogs up! Covid down!

The Hogfather

Quote from: FineAsSwine on November 24, 2018, 04:16:28 pm
Is it wrong that I enjoy following your posts in this thread?

Not at all!  Just want to make sure everyone eats crow saying what a huge miss he was.  He is (really was because I think his coach finally figured out to stop encouraging him to shoot more) a volume shooter who doesn't make many.  That's not a good thing.  Lots of empty possessions. 

AHiD

Quote from: Danny J on November 27, 2015, 10:28:14 pm
Still like that we got Whitt....I think as the season wears on he is going to really get better. Already showing some nice flashes and love his long arms on defense.

lmao
My name...is Jerruh

The Hogfather

hoglady

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 24, 2018, 09:54:37 pm
Not at all!  Just want to make sure everyone eats crow saying what a huge miss he was.  He is (really was because I think his coach finally figured out to stop encouraging him to shoot more) a volume shooter who doesn’t make many.  That’s not a good thing.  Lots of empty possessions. 

I ate my crow last year on Kevaughn.
He just has not improved at Floriida.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Breems

Quote from: hoglady on November 25, 2018, 04:00:47 pm
I ate my crow last year on Kevaughn.
He just has not improved at Floriida.

He'll score 40 against us and that's about it.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

The Hogfather

jbcarol

K. Allen led UF in scoring with 19 on 5/13 FGA in a 10 point win over WVU in MSG.

jbcarol

The Hogfather

December 09, 2018, 07:50:11 am #282 Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 07:36:48 pm by The Hogfather
Quote from: jbcarol on December 08, 2018, 05:16:41 pm
http://www.secsports.com/boxscore/mens-basketball/401082477

Volume shooter in loss to Izzo

I watched this game and it was vintage Kevaughn Allen Iverson.  He made his 1st two, so he thought he was on.  He's never on (except against Arkansas).  I heard the funniest quote from one of the announcers.  He said something like, "Kevaughn Allen from North Little Rock high school.  He's a really good shooter, although he's struggled this year....and last year."  I nearly spit out my drink.  He never shoots well, but he's a great shooter.  Classic.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: The Hogfather on December 09, 2018, 07:50:11 am
I watched this game and it was vintage Kevaughn Allen Iverson.  He made his 1st two, so he thought he was on.  He's never on (except against Arkansas).  I heard the funniest quote from ine of the announcers.  He said something like, "Kevaughn Allen from North Little Rock high school.  He's a really good shooter, although he's struggled this year....and last year."  I nearly spit out my drink.  He never shoots well, but he's a great shooter.  Classic.

I knew I could count on you after watching Kevaughn struggle again.

Some of the talk on Hogville revolved around Kevaughn going out of state because he wanted to play for a coach who would groom him to be a point guard at the next level. I wonder if there was any truth to that.
Hogs up! Covid down!

jbcarol

FineAsSwine

Quote from: jbcarol on December 09, 2018, 12:03:12 pm
What's going on with Jalen Hudson?

Chiozza not there to set him up with good shots maybe?
Hogs up! Covid down!

jbcarol

The Hogfather

Quote from: jbcarol on December 22, 2018, 06:26:14 pm
http://www.secsports.com/boxscore/mens-basketball/401084861

KA only put up five of UF's 30 3PFGAs v FGCU

@ 1-5, his coach was screaming at him to shoot more!  They have to convince him to even think about shooting.  He's so unselfish (and skilled). 

Pigasaurus

Quote from: FineAsSwine on December 09, 2018, 11:56:58 am
I knew I could count on you after watching Kevaughn struggle again.

Some of the talk on Hogville revolved around Kevaughn going out of state because he wanted to play for a coach who would groom him to be a point guard at the next level. I wonder if there was any truth to that.
*$tepdad
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

jbcarol

K. Allen starts hot against A&M in Gainesville, 5-7 (4-6 3pt) as Aggies lead at the halftime break 46-33.

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on January 22, 2019, 08:44:50 pm
K. Allen starts hot against A&M in Gainesville, 5-7 (4-6 3pt) as Aggies lead at the halftime break 46-33.

Brent Zwerneman@BrentZwerneman

Aggies blow a 13-point halftime lead, lose at Florida 81-72. Fall to 7-10, 1-5 SEC. I'll say one thing: It wasn't for Josh Nebo's effort. He's easily been the Aggies' best player of late, just needs an awful lot of help.

jbcarol

Florida may still pull it out at Exatech v. Vandy

jbcarol

The Hogfather

I remember how gushing the analysts were over him when we played him, even though he was 3-11 shooting (1-9 from 3).  Fact is, he's just not very good.

Since his anomoly 8/10 3-point outing vs. Texas A&M, here are his 3-point lines:

2-9
1-7
1-7
0-3
3-5
0-4
1-5
5-9
0-4
1-4
1-6
0-3
-----
15-66 (23%)

He's really been terrible in his last 3 games:

2-9 (1-4 from 3), 3 turnovers, 6 points in 28 minutes
1-10 (1-6 from 3), 3 turnovers, 5 points in 35 minutes
1-6 (0-3 from 3), 1 turnvoer, 4 points in 40 minutes
------------------------------------------------------------
4-25 (16%), 2-13 from 3 (15%), 15 points in 103 minutes

hawgfan4life

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 07, 2019, 10:25:26 am
I remember how gushing the analysts were over him when we played him, even though he was 3-11 shooting (1-9 from 3).  Fact is, he's just not very good.

Since his anomoly 8/10 3-point outing vs. Texas A&M, here are his 3-point lines:

2-9
1-7
1-7
0-3
3-5
0-4
1-5
5-9
0-4
1-4
1-6
0-3
-----
15-66 (23%)

He's really been terrible in his last 3 games:

2-9 (1-4 from 3), 3 turnovers, 6 points in 28 minutes
1-10 (1-6 from 3), 3 turnovers, 5 points in 35 minutes
1-6 (0-3 from 3), 1 turnvoer, 4 points in 40 minutes
------------------------------------------------------------
4-25 (16%), 2-13 from 3 (15%), 15 points in 103 minutes

We really missed out on him.  His 3 pt shooting could really add to what Bailey, Osu., and Harris provides to our offense. 

The Hogfather

Quote from: hawgfan4life on March 10, 2019, 08:57:08 pm
We really missed out on him.  His 3 pt shooting could really add to what Bailey, Osu., and Harris provides to our offense.

Ha!  You are so right.  If only we had one more guy to take and miss every 3, we'd be Final Four good!  Followed those games up with a 1-6 (1-4 from 3), 2 turnover gem against UK.  Baller!

jbcarol

One last time.

Did pad out in garbage time.

jbcarol

Closing the book on Kevaughn

'16-17 was really his best season shooting.  He was first team All-SEC.

Also interesting for as many missed threes as he launched, Kevaughn was not a big offensive rebounder