Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Report: Kenny Hill's parents have finally applied for a trademark for "Kenny Trill"

Started by jbcarol, September 11, 2014, 01:27:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Brent Zwerneman @BrentZwerneman  ·  4h

Kenny Hill's parents have applied for a trademark for Kenny Trill, according to @karenehowell. Let's see what Bun B's reaction is.

Brent Zwerneman @BrentZwerneman  ·  3h

Kenny Hill shrugged and said 'Kenny Trill.' The rest is history (Aggies Blog): http://blog.chron.com/sportsupdate/2014/09/parents-of-aggies-qb-apply-for-kenny-trill-trademark/ ...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Karen Howell @karenehowell  ·  3h

@Wormag01 @BryanDFischer @BrentZwerneman Yes, some random guy from Louisiana has already tried to trademark it.

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Brent Zwerneman @BrentZwerneman  ·  3h

My parents trademarked Brent ScrubLefty while I was in college. Retired years ago (but not because of trademark, they simply retired).

jbcarol

Karen Howell @karenehowell  ·  3h

For what it's worth, I think Kenny Hill's parents are trying to protect him, not to profit off of him.

His father pitched for 14 seasons in MLB.

Grizzlyfan

Hog Fan from Camden

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

jbcarol

HogMantheIntruder

So Kenny Hill has nicknamed himself "Kenny Trill", and now his parents are trademarking it:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/kenny-hill-s-parents-have-applied-to-trademark--kenny-trill-143345483.html

Would somebody please let him know that you can't give yourself a nickname (pretty sure that's in the Bible), and if you try, it means you're probably a giant bag of [CENSORED]?  And if your parents try to trademark it, then you can go ahead and remove the "probably".  Just sayin'.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

jbcarol

Wesley Sinor @WesleySinor  ·  17h
I love hearing commentators explaining what "trill" means

RollHogTide

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on September 11, 2014, 01:50:36 pm
What the heck is "trill"?  I would get "thrill".

Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links - it's an IETF standard.  Both TRILL and SPB (Shortest Path Bridging) are initiatives that will be key components of SDN (Software Defined Networking) to create a full mesh wired topology without the fear of loops causing disruption in connectivity.

cubsfan5150

QuoteWest Side Rooter wrote:

Always best to talk [expletive] about a team when you don't have to face them again.

I'd do the same. LaRussa's a nutjob and would probably throw at his head.
ETA: A bottle of wine, not a baseball.
ETA: Empty bottle, obviously.

NaturalStateReb

"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

HawgnCorona

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

jbcarol

Brent Zwerneman @BrentZwerneman  ·  1h

Kenny Hill said when he was a kid around big leaguers (sic) he called Cecil Fielder "Pretzel" Fielder because he couldn't say his name.

Kenny Hill said he's "heard rumors" of Johnny Manziel attending Saturday's game in Arlington vs. Arkansas (Browns off Sunday).

Kenny Hill on playing at AT&T Stadium in Arlington: At Southlake Carroll "that was almost like another home game for us."

Kenny Hill on any Heisman Trophy talk: The goal is to win a national championship. It's not to win the Heisman.

jbcarol

Brent Zwerneman @BrentZwerneman  ·  21s

RT @kristieAP (Regarding Jameis Winston incident) Kenny Hill said coaches remind him: "You've always got to watch your back and be careful of what you're doing because you are under a microscope."

Aggie96

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on September 24, 2014, 09:53:18 pm
If it had happened in the current administration he would probably be kicked off the team. cant remember the name of the guy last year or so who got a DUI and was booted off the team. I agree that these are just kids who make mistakes, but many schools just give slaps on the wrist. (looks at fsu & OU).

That is my point though, Flynn had a DUI. Hill had a POIFBWD (Passed out in flower bed while drunk) Big difference
You can eat the Apple but don't Eff with the Corps!!! GIG 'EM!!!

jbcarol

Brent Zwerneman @BrentZwerneman  ·  7 hours ago

Kenny Hill's pending transfer leaves Texas A&M shy of scholarship QBs (Aggies Blog): http://blog.chron.com/sportsupdate/2015/01/kenny-hills-pending-transfer-leaves-texas-am-shy-of-scholarship-qbs/ ...

QuoteCOLLEGE STATION – In an attempt to revive his college football career, Kenny Hill apparently is heading closer to home.

Hill, a former Southlake Carroll star, will transfer from Texas A&M to TCU in time for this semester, as first reported by Gigem247.com, the A&M branch of 247Sports.

The pending transfer was expected, considering Hill lost his starting gig midway through the season, in addition to being suspended for two games around the same time for the dreaded violation of team rules and athletic department policy.

Hill, who played as a true freshman at A&M in 2013 behind Johnny Manziel, should redshirt in 2015 behind Heisman Trophy candidate and senior Trevone Boykin, and then own two years of eligibility to try and get his passing attack back on track.

Hill earned early Heisman consideration after setting the A&M single-game school record with 511 passing yards in A&M's season-opening trouncing of South Carolina, and then leading the Aggies to a 5-0 start.

Things quickly fell apart, however...

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jbcarol

Bruce Feldman @BruceFeldmanCFB  ·  4 hours ago
Kenny Hill's dad tells @FoxSports any reports that his son is committed to TCU or any school are "simply inaccurate" http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/texas-am-aggies-tcu-horned-frogs-kenny-hill-transfer-010915 ...

razorbackkid

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

lechon

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir Winston Churchill                                                                                  
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true. -  Sir Winston Churchill

jbcarol

Kyler Murray has ended his recruitment and remains committed to Texas A&M.

QuoteMurray's decision comes three weeks after Texas A&M granted quarterback Kenny Hill his release to transfer to any school of his choice.

Hill was replaced late last season at quarterback by freshman Kyle Allen, who helped the Aggies salvage an 8-5 finish.

Murray will sign his letter of intent to Texas A&M on Wednesday at 11 a.m. ET in a ceremony at Allen High.

Murray is also an accomplished baseball player who is projected to be selected as early as the first round in the 2015 Major League Baseball amateur draft in June.

In August, he became the first athlete to be selected to play in the Under Armour All-America football and baseball games.

Hill's next stop including a year of JuCo are just rumors at this time.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: razorbackkid on January 10, 2015, 10:42:01 am

So......what's up with the "trademark" application?  :)

Well, they are having to rethink things since....the "trill" & "Kenny Heisman" are out for now....
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

jbcarol

Quote from: lechon on January 11, 2015, 03:02:05 am
the trill is gone.............

Travis L. Brown @Travis_L_Brown  ·  13h 13 hours ago

Here's the story: Kenny Hill says he starts school at TCU on June 1, will join football team http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article21647982.html ...

QuoteFormer Texas A&M and Southlake Carroll quarterback Kenny Hill will enroll at TCU on June 1 and join the football team, he told the Star-Telegram at a high school baseball playoff game Thursday.

"Two Mondays from now," Hill said, asked when he starts classes at TCU.

Hill also said he has been on campus already to watch spring practice and get a jump on learning the offense. It was expected that he wanted to transfer to TCU.

jbcarol

Kenny Hill Jr7⃣ retweeted
Whataburger® @Whataburger  ·  May 22

Kenny Trill's transfer criteria checklist:
✔️ Located in Texas
✔️ Elite football program
✔️ Has campus Whataburger

#TCU

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: jbcarol on May 23, 2015, 09:56:04 pm
Kenny Hill Jr7⃣ retweeted
Whataburger® @Whataburger  ·  May 22

Kenny Trill's transfer criteria checklist:
✔️ Located in Texas
✔️ Elite football program
✔️ Has campus Whataburger

#TCU

#Kenny Trill's a Toad......

Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Iwastherein1969

the apocalypse is near...very near..this makes me hope there is a Planet X out there rolling around the Sun coming up straight at the south pole...humans no longer need to run this planet...I'm almost serious
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

jbcarol

TCU FTW @TCUFTW  ·  8h 8 hours ago

Welcome to the #FrogFam, @Kennyhill13! #FunkyTown15 #BuiltForThis

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/skhanjr/status/782008494085902336

QuoteFORT WORTH, Texas -- Hal Wasson sat in the den of Ken and Lorrie Hill's home in Southlake, Texas, in the spring of 2014 and hoped to send their son a message.

Kenny Hill had just been suspended for the final week of Texas A&M's spring practices after his arrest for public intoxication. The mistake was made worse by a photo online showing Hill passed out in a planter outside a College Station bar.

Wasson, Hill's coach at Southlake Carroll High School, reminded an embarrassed Hill how much he loves and cares about him. And the coach made one request.

"Go look at yourself in the mirror right now. Tell me what you see."

"He looked at me like I'd lost my mind," Wasson said.

Before "Kenny Trill" mania, before his roller-coaster rise and even more rapid downfall at A&M, Hill was a 19-year-old kid still trying to figure out the burden of stardom. When it all crumbled, he needed a year and a half out of the spotlight to get his life back on track.

Today, Hill is chasing a comeback at TCU and four games into a successful-so-far reboot. He's back to playing like one of college football's most talented gunslingers. He's about to be back in the national spotlight, starting this weekend against Oklahoma. And he's determined to prove, this time, he can handle it.

en tested a few times this season. He threw two straight picks against South Dakota State and irked Patterson by laughing it off when he retreated to the sideline. Hill was merely trying to convey that, this time, he wasn't losing his cool.

A week later against Arkansas, one of Hill's touchdown celebrations was perceived as a throat slash, which cost TCU critical field position late in an eventual overtime loss. Patterson stood up for him on that one, because Hill has earned the benefit of the doubt from this team.

"He's been a professional ever since he's been here," Patterson said. "He's done everything right."

Hill doesn't sound like a kid who'd change a thing, either. He doesn't hesitate to say that, all things considered, the A&M stint was "one of the coolest experiences I've been through."

jbcarol

Jason Butt ‏@JasonHButt 17m17 minutes ago

Kenny Hill gashes UGA up on a QB keeper and hurries to the line for a handoff for a short gain.

Jason Butt ‏@JasonHButt 14m14 minutes ago

Hatfield's FG is wide left and no good. UGA will take over at their own 24.

Jason Butt ‏@JasonHButt 2m2 minutes ago

Quite the turn of events. TCU was looking to go ahead 19-7. Missed a FG. UGA capitalizes with a TD and trails only 16-14.

jbcarol

Kenny Hill on handling success, replacing Johnny Manziel: 'I was just dumb'

QuoteAfter thrashing South Carolina on opening night, and cruising through September, Hill, aka Kenny Trill, seemed on top of the world. Then came the month of October and three straight losses, punctuated by a 59-0 loss at Alabama. By Nov. 1, he was no longer the starter and was suspended for a violation of team rules.

"I wasn't ready for it yet," Hill told Hale. "I wasn't mature enough. I thought I was, but I wasn't. I was young and dumb."

After the season, he then transferred to TCU.