Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

For those who said team quit

Started by Atlhogfan1, October 28, 2017, 02:29:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

smb

Its not team as much as the coaches seem out sync.
GeorgiaHOG

IronHog

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

SoonerSooie

Quote from: Wildbill on October 28, 2017, 02:36:12 pm

I don't know what you are having for dinner but I'm eating crow

Me too! I predicted that Ole Miss would curb stomp us. I vastly under estimated the depth to which they have sunk!

nwahogfan1

October 30, 2017, 07:43:12 am #53 Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 07:56:33 am by nwahogfan1
With the huge chump yards we gave up on defense with lead to Ms completed killing us in the 1st half we are either  way under coached at certain positions or way under talented.  Either way Coaches are at fault.  We need a new direction with a new leader who has new ideas.

But with so many coaches being fired who can we get????????   All the hot new young coaches will be swarmed by the bigger programs with the bigger money. 

I know we do not want a Hot DC or OC but we might have to go that direction.

hawgon

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on October 30, 2017, 07:43:12 am
With the huge chump yards we gave up on defense with lead to Ms completed killing us in the 1st half we are either  way under coached at certain positions or way under talented.  Either way Coaches are at fault.  We need a new direction with a new leader who has new ideas.

But with so many coaches being fired who can we get????????   All the hot new young coaches will be swarmed by the bigger programs with the bigger money. 

I know we do not want a Hot DC or OC but we might have to go that direction.

There is only one choice.  Norvell.  And he wants the job.

hawg1221

Quote from: JackTNHogfan on October 28, 2017, 02:31:17 pm
Ole Piss quit and that's why we won.  I'll take it though as long as it doesn't mean Bert is our coach next season.

That's about how I saw it. The defense especially started that with no energy, very lethargic. It wasn't until OM gifted Arkansas with several turnovers that the defense started to play harder. That's how it looked on my TV screen.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hawg1221 on October 30, 2017, 08:09:11 am
That's about how I saw it. The defense especially started that with no energy, very lethargic. It wasn't until OM gifted Arkansas with several turnovers that the defense started to play harder. That's how it looked on my TV screen.

Maybe it was because a defensive leader and our best defensive player didn't play in the first qtr.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hawg1221

That could be true. But you can see whether or not a player is putting forth a good effort and something was lacking. Not having your best defensive player on the field shouldn't effect how hard you play.

hawg1221

DeltaBoy

For the first time they came back down at half time.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

NaturalStateReb

They definitely didn't quit, and I thought they would down 31-7.

Basically, it was two crappy teams desperately trying to give each other a chance to win the pillow fight of the week.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

hawg1221

No. I was really surprised. This game should give them a shot of confidence going down the stretch.

gchamblee

Quote from: hawg1221 on October 30, 2017, 08:09:11 am

You should take your television back to the store and demand your money back. If they ask what is wrong with it, tell them it is making you stupid.