Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

But for LSU

Started by popcornhog, February 17, 2018, 05:21:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

popcornhog

We'd be 10-4 and control our own destiny today in terms of winning the SEC with AU still coming to town.

Point being — lots of parity. LSU is a couple games below .500 but even LSU is pretty damn tough with a guy like Waters.
WPS

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: popcornhog on February 17, 2018, 05:21:25 pm
We'd be 10-4 and control our own destiny today in terms of winning the SEC with AU still coming to town.

Point being — lots of parity. LSU is a couple games below .500 but even LSU is pretty damn tough with a guy like Waters.
okay why talk about it if you can't change it, I'll take where we are at right now!
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

JONAS

Should have also beat Mississippi State.

popcornhog

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 17, 2018, 05:22:58 pm
okay why talk about it if you can't change it, I'll take where we are at right now!

Because it's interesting?
WPS

King Kong

Yeah, hard to explain. But glad we are playing well. Hopefully we can keep it up.

Glad Macon and Barford have been able to reduce their mind to keep the fresh unlike earlier in the season

popcornhog

Quote from: JONAS on February 17, 2018, 05:23:43 pm

We didn't beat them. If we lost there is no should've.
WPS

popcornhog

Quote from: King Kong on February 17, 2018, 05:24:17 pm
Yeah, hard to explain. But glad we are playing well. Hopefully we can keep it up.

Glad Macon and Barford have been able to reduce their mind to keep the fresh unlike earlier in the season

And Gafford is staying out of foul trouble. That's big, too.
WPS

Arazorbackguy1

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 17, 2018, 05:22:58 pm
Isn't that the point of message boards?
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

JONAS

Quote from: popcornhog on February 17, 2018, 05:24:41 pm
We didn't beat them. If we lost there is no should've.

We had a 4 point lead late.  Also MSU shot 40 FTS to our 12.

Atlhogfan1

Can't play this game. But for Tenn missing a FT we would be 7-7.  LSU outplayed us.  Bad matchup. Weak guard teams good matchup. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

popcornhog

Quote from: JONAS on February 17, 2018, 05:38:56 pm
We had a 4 point lead late.  Also MSU shot 40 FTS to our 12.

And we lost. We shouldn't have comitted so many fouls.

But we're in a position to finish strong, that's what matters.
WPS

Lao Tsuie

GoHogs1091

Quote from: JONAS on February 17, 2018, 05:23:43 pm

That was always going to be a tough game for us.  Howland is becoming like what Bill Self was to Coach Anderson when Anderson was at Missouri.

Anderson is 1-3 against Howland.

Anderson was 1-9 against Self.

King Kong

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on February 17, 2018, 07:48:34 pm
That was always going to be a tough game for us.  Howland is becoming like what Bill Self was to Coach Anderson when Anderson was at Missouri.

Anderson is 1-3 against Howland.

Anderson was 1-9 against Self.

Yep Howland is about to return MSU to the glory days of Rodney Hood you warned us about

GoHogs1091

Quote from: King Kong on February 17, 2018, 08:10:19 pm
Yep Howland is about to return MSU to the glory days of Rodney Hood you warned us about

There will be more talent on their team next season than when Hood was there.

Also, Howland is a much better in-game coach than Stansbury.

k.c.hawg

February 17, 2018, 09:13:38 pm #15 Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 10:26:42 pm by k.c.hawg
It is hard to imagine how LSU has lost as many games as they have. I here their coach is a down right bad ass, they have an exceptional point guard and a strong inside presence. This league is strong!
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

hawgfan4life

AR got hosed big time at Miss State.  Their coach is sketchy at best about like Aub coach. 

A lot of coaches have pretty poor records against Self.  Especially when they take over a program severely down and have to build it up.

We played well at LSU.  Out rebounded them, shot great, scored more paint points, etc.  Despite the criticism, defense wasn't that horrible, but LSU made everything they threw up.  Happens sometimes.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on February 17, 2018, 09:00:15 pm
There will be more talent on their team next season than when Hood was there.

Also, Howland is a much better in-game coach than Stansbury.

Fully expect MSU and Ben Howland to be under investigation by this time next year.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

rtr

Beat LSU at home and don't choke away Mississippi State and we are in a much different position.  Just have to play it out.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: k.c.hawg on February 17, 2018, 10:27:38 pm
Fully expect MSU and Ben Howland to be under investigation by this time next year.

Based on what???

Howland is not like Calipari and Pearl.

upperdeck_hawg

But for some fortunate bounces vs TN and GA. Cant play the ifs game jus one way.
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis