Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Big Sissy

Started by gangstaback, November 23, 2017, 09:48:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gangstaback

What did Bill Walton mean by the Big Sissy comment? Was he just picking a word to make Big Nasty sound lame? And is this a common diss used against him or did he just make this up in his hash pipe driven stupor?

He said it in relation to the 1995 championship game if anyone is wondering.

SPAL

He said about George Zidek vs Corliss...."he made the big nasty look like the big sissy."

And that's a true statement. Why do y'all get offended by EVERYTHING?

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 23, 2017, 09:51:22 pm
He said about George Zidek vs Corliss...."he made the big nasty look like the big sissy."

Bet he wouldn't talk about Trey Thompson like that. Just sayin'
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

gangstaback

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 23, 2017, 09:51:22 pm

I'm not offended. I asked this because I've never heard this term used and without context it seems unfair.

Why are you so defensive of this awful commentator? You've posted long fanatical rants in his favor all night.

King Kong

Walton played at UCLA. He was just making a joke a the NC where he was clearly rooting to UCLA

SPAL

Quote from: gangstaback on November 23, 2017, 10:04:24 pm
I'm not offended. I asked this because I've never heard this term used and without context it seems unfair.

Why are you so defensive of this awful commentator? You've posted long fanatical rants in his favor all night.

Really? All night? Counting this stupid thread,  I've posted exactly twice about bill Walton.

In the other one, I said "I don't love the guy but he didn't ruin my enjoyment of the game." What a ringing endorsement.

gangstaback

Quote from: King Kong on November 23, 2017, 10:06:22 pm
Walton played at UCLA. He was just making a joke a the NC where he was clearly rooting to UCLA

So it's normal to you. Got it, that's what I'm wondering.

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 23, 2017, 10:11:17 pm
Really? All night? Counting this stupid thread,  I've posted exactly twice about bill Walton.

In the other one, I said "I don't love the guy but he didn't ruin my enjoyment of the game." What a ringing endorsement.

Stupid thread. Says the guy emotionally arguing in it. I'm sure you enjoy seeing Arkansas players ridiculed and having a good Arkansas team overshadowed by stories of bowls smoked on national broadcast.

sickboy

Quote from: gangstaback on November 23, 2017, 10:25:22 pm

Stupid thread. Says the guy emotionally arguing in it. I'm sure you enjoy seeing Arkansas players ridiculed and having a good Arkansas team overshadowed by stories of bowls smoked on national broadcast.

I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill.

hawgball40

popcornhog

Quote from: Poppa Tart on November 23, 2017, 09:54:28 pm
Trey Thompson has nothing to do with the 95 Championship game. The comment was on point and had context.
WPS

SPAL

You got butt hurt because a UCLA grad took an innocent jab at Corliss in a game played over 20 years ago. A jab that just happened to be true. You weren't alive then so you don't remember the game, but Corliss got schooled by Zidek and we lost. It was a harmless jab.

Everybody is just on the edge of their seat these days, just hoping someone says something they can get offended about. What has happened to this world when you can't watch a very good basketball game without getting your panties in a twist.  I'm baffled

VirginiaHog

Wow, rough day? Over react much?

JIHawg

Didn't Walton leave the NBA with a sore foot?  Big Sissy.

sadhogfan

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 23, 2017, 10:43:58 pm
You got butt hurt because a UCLA grad took an innocent jab at Corliss in a game played over 20 years ago. A jab that just happened to be true. You weren't alive then so you don't remember the game, but Corliss got schooled by Zidek and we lost. It was a harmless jab.

Everybody is just on the edge of their seat these days, just hoping someone says something they can get offended about. What has happened to this world when you can't watch a very good basketball game without getting your panties in a twist.  I'm baffled

George Zidek fouled Corliss about 473 times in that game. Zidek should have been riding the pine in foul trouble most of the game, and Corliss should have shot about 25 free throws. It was atrocious.

But yes, in the sense that Corliss did not put up big numbers against a 7-footer who got away with fouling him relentlessly without being called for it, he got "schooled."

SPAL

Quote from: sadhogfan on November 23, 2017, 10:53:28 pm
George Zidek fouled Corliss about 473 times in that game. Zidek should have been riding the pine in foul trouble most of the game, and Corliss should have shot about 25 free throws. It was atrocious.

But yes, in the sense that Corliss did not put up big numbers against a 7-footer who got away with fouling him relentlessly without being called for it, he got "schooled."
Oh, it was the refs fault. Why am I not surprised? Perfect timing with the overall tone of the forum.

hawgball40

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 23, 2017, 10:55:02 pm
Oh, it was the refs fault. Why am I not surprised? Perfect timing with the overall tone of the forum.
I guess you agreed with all the calls in 2015 @ Florida (bball)? how about 2009 @ Florida(football). You're acting as if the refs never decide the game, and anyone with a brain knows that isn't true. How about last year's national championship, when clemson used an illegal pick to win the game and the refs swallowed the whistle? what about the 2015 ACC championship game, when the refs screwed north carolina so that clemson could secure a spot in the CFP.

Pigasaurus

Zidek was on Corliss back like a tshirt.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

Kevin

bill is a lovable goof. why take anything he says to literally.  I sure after a night of doing whatever he does, he will wake up this morning, and not even remember it.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

bigred223

Quote from: Kevin on November 24, 2017, 06:03:40 am
bill is a lovable goof. why take anything he says to literally.  I sure after a night of doing whatever he does, he will wake up this morning, and not even remember it.

He's pretty funny. The part where Roxy asked if Bill likes Baker Mayfield for heisman, "I have no response to that question."

Amityvillehogger

Why are some of y'all still butthurt over a game from 1995? And about a comment from a talking head about said game? Who cares. Everyone gets a ribbon society, I tell ya...
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

gmarv

My only complaint about ole Bill was I had to look at him and that other guy on that stupid split screen while the game was going on.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on November 24, 2017, 06:26:49 am
Why are some of y'all still butthurt over a game from 1995? And about a comment from a talking head about said game? Who cares. Everyone gets a ribbon society, I tell ya...

Not butt hurt but we defend our own against all outsiders. It's ok for us to defend Corliss against any perceived slights, he's one of our all time greats.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: FineAsSwine on November 24, 2017, 06:32:44 am
Not butt hurt but we defend our own against all outsiders. It's ok for us to defend Corliss against any perceived slights, he's one of our all time greats.

Defending your own to your own on your owns messageboard?
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

sigpooie

Yeah bill just forgot the part where uclow, cheated enough to get on the same court as us. I thought he did a very good job of covering the bong bubbling. . Between those rants
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

SRV

I thought it was a bold jab, but not surprising. I wasn't offended.....I just wished I was listening to someone else.
We've got entirely too many troublemakers here. Too many 40-year-old adolescents, felons, power drinkers and trustees of modern chemistry.....

hog.goblin

Quote from: pigasaurus on November 24, 2017, 05:51:38 am
Zidek was on Corliss back like a tshirt.

The jab didn't really bother me coming from a UCLA grad.  But this is correct. Zidek smothered him with contact the entire game.  But it would have been nice to see Darnell have developed a game on the post to offer a balanced attack. 

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Poppa Tart on November 23, 2017, 09:54:28 pm

Hahaha!

Would've loved to see Walton give TT player of the game. 

Unfortunately, PLAY of the game went to OU for one of their dunks.  Should have easily been Gaffords tomahawk.

SPAL

Quote from: hawgball40 on November 23, 2017, 11:35:48 pm
I guess you agreed with all the calls in 2015 @ Florida (bball)? how about 2009 @ Florida(football). You're acting as if the refs never decide the game, and anyone with a brain knows that isn't true. How about last year's national championship, when clemson used an illegal pick to win the game and the refs swallowed the whistle? what about the 2015 ACC championship game, when the refs screwed north carolina so that clemson could secure a spot in the CFP.

It's not a transitive property. You can't say 1 has anything to do with the rest. The cherry picked examples you came up with are cherry picked. Obviously they were games that was decided by officiating. But that doesn't mean every game is rigged. The UCLA game wasn't one  decided by officiating.

I'm sure if hogville was around then, you would have been happy that refs let teams play until it didn't benefit Arkansas. The problem that you and others like you seem to have is you can't look past your homerism into objectivity.

Bigfoot

Zidek didn't "school" Corliss in that game.

Corliss may have gotten schooled a time or two while at Arkansas, but Zidek didn't school him.

BRHogfan

My dad will always hate Bill Walton as a Memphis fan.  In 1973, Bill Walton went 21-22 for and 2-5 from the charity stripe to score 44 points and down the Tigers in the Championship game. 

Can't hate a guy for a funny comment about the 1995 NCAA tournament final.  Which by the way, we don't give those players enough credit for going at it one more year.  Damn.  We almost had it back to back.  Most teams don't get to the final 2 years in a row like that.

SPAL

Quote from: Bigfoot on November 24, 2017, 10:38:24 am
Zidek didn't "school" Corliss in that game.

Corliss may have gotten schooled a time or two while at Arkansas, but Zidek didn't school him.

I'm not sure how you define it then. Corliss had 12 points on 3/16 shooting, half of which came from the free throw line. He had 4 rebounds.

Zidek had 14 points which double his career average.

I love Corliss. I have several autographed pictured and cards. One if my all time faves. But I also have an ability to be objective. It's lost on many. It's as if you're objective, the snowflakes take it as an attack on the players. It's weird.

Bigfoot

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 24, 2017, 10:45:30 am
I'm not sure how you define it then. Corliss had 12 points on 3/16 shooting, half of which came from the free throw line. He had 4 rebounds.

Zidek had 14 points which double his career average.

I love Corliss. I have several autographed pictured and cards. One if my all time faves. But I also have an ability to be objective. It's lost on many. It's as if you're objective, the snowflakes take it as an attack on the players. It's weird.

I guess my definition is a little different then.

It's no big deal. I'm not worried about it.

HawgnCorona

I think Bill saw himself in TT passing skills...Hence his comment about Wes Unseld (Washington Bulletts). He too was a great passer. He could score but wasn't known for it. He played wih another Arkansas native, Archie Clark.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

HawgnCorona

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on November 24, 2017, 10:30:21 am
Hahaha!

Would’ve loved to see Walton give TT player of the game. 

Unfortunately, PLAY of the game went to OU for one of their dunks.  Should have easily been Gaffords tomahawk.

That tomahawk dunk was nasty...He reminded me of Connie Hawkins on that one.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

hawgball40

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 24, 2017, 10:36:03 am
It's not a transitive property. You can't say 1 has anything to do with the rest. The cherry picked examples you came up with are cherry picked. Obviously they were games that was decided by officiating. But that doesn't mean every game is rigged. The UCLA game wasn't one  decided by officiating.

I'm sure if hogville was around then, you would have been happy that refs let teams play until it didn't benefit Arkansas. The problem that you and others like you seem to have is you can't look past your homerism into objectivity.
are you sure about that? i was objective in my analysis in the other thread that FCJ started. anyone with eyes could see them hacking our players all game long while the refs swallowed the whistle. There were thousands of posts on Facebook and twitter about it. OU got the calls all game until the very end when Arkansas started getting the benefit of questionable calls. That's *precisely what happened* whether it fits your narrative or not.

WorfHog

You easily offended soft skins. Bill Walton is a national treasure. I can't believe ESPN lets him be on TV at this point, but he's highly entertaining. If Bill was an ardent conservative instead of a burnt out hippy you'd all love his politically incorrect banter. I'll say this about the guy, he's enjoyed and continues to enjoy life more than most.

BRHogfan

Quote from: WorfHog on November 24, 2017, 11:44:15 am
You easily offended soft skins. Bill Walton is a national treasure. I can't believe ESPN lets him be on TV at this point, but he's highly entertaining. If Bill was an ardent conservative instead of a burnt out hippy you'd all love his politically incorrect banter. I'll say this about the guy, he's enjoyed and continues to enjoy life more than most.

You like a color guy that adds color about the game, not a guy that adds color in general.  One of the reasons people don't like Dicky V is he talks about nothing related to the actual game.  He just says Diaper Dandies and talks about the players on the court as comparing them to the players on Duke that he'd rather be watching.  Bill Walton is a space cadet.

hawgball40

Quote from: WorfHog on November 24, 2017, 11:44:15 am
Surely you jest...

Biggus Piggus

Did you watch the game?
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

My problem with Walton is he forgets the game is the show, not him.
[CENSORED]!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: gangstaback on November 23, 2017, 09:48:11 pm
What did Bill Walton mean by the Big Sissy comment? Was he just picking a word to make Big Nasty sound lame? And is this a common diss used against him or did he just make this up in his hash pipe driven stupor?

He said it in relation to the 1995 championship game if anyone is wondering.
snowflake warning ya'll
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Biggus Piggus

Walton has such potential to add basketball insight, but seldom cares to do it.
[CENSORED]!

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

You obviously didn't watch the game.
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

Corkscrew Johnson

I like his respect for Trey Thompson.  The vision, the hands, the passing, the anticipation of movement.  The kid looks like Oliver Miller up there at the top of the key with the ball cocked over his head, surveying the scene. 

Bigfoot

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on November 24, 2017, 12:22:55 pm
I like his respect for Trey Thompson.  The vision, the hands, the passing, the anticipation of movement.  The kid looks like Oliver Miller up there at the top of the key with the ball cocked over his head, surveying the scene. 

Yep. He also said some good things about Macon after the game, too.

TexArkHogFan

Quote from: gmarv on November 24, 2017, 06:32:00 am
My only complaint about ole Bill was I had to look at him and that other guy on that stupid split screen while the game was going on.
This something I absolutely  hate about watching ESPN games.  They do it in all sports and are really bad on baseball games.  They have the camera on the talking heads as much as the game.  It's bad enough having to listen to them but to have the camera on them while the game is in progress is ridiculous.  I had much rather watch the cheerleaders except when we play A&M with their male cheerleaders.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

BRHogfan

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on November 24, 2017, 12:22:55 pm

He makes me feel like he's a short Marc Gasol that plays for the Grizzlies. Good things happen when big Trey touches the Ball. 

Knot2brite

Well when the game was over and all the national pundits were clamoring about how that Corliss was fouled EVERY time down the floor by the seven foot goober I would assume that maybe some of the blame for the loss was on the officiating. But don't let that get in your way. Of course there were things that the Hogs did wrong that game but a lot of it had to do with the way the game was called and it was obvious in that game that the Hogs were not going to get the benefit of the doubt
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

hog golf

I bet somewhere Big Nasty chuckled. And i guarantee that would not happen again if we played UCLA again. Just wasn't our (or 34's) night.
I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize

BigHog396

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 24, 2017, 10:36:03 am

Either you aren't old enough to have watched the '95 title game, or you don't have the basketball IQ to be involved in this conversation.

It was very obvious, to anyone with any basketball knowledge, that the officials were told that UCLA would win that game.  Corliss was MUGGED the entire game by Zidek, and the officials allowing that absolutely gave UCLA that game.  If the officiating had been remotely close to being even, Zidek would have fouled out before they were 10 minutes into that game.

Not sure what you problem is with our fans pointing out the facts about how Corliss was hammered during that game, but you really should educate yourself about a discussion before you go jumping into one head-first, especially when you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.