Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks (3-0, 0-0 SEC) vs Oklahoma (2-0, 0-0 BIG 12)

Started by hawgball40, November 23, 2017, 03:58:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

HawgnCorona

Quote from: hawgdavis on November 23, 2017, 04:41:48 pm
Bill needs to take another toke and stfu. I can’t stand the guy.

Good luck on the stfu part...Toking? That he would gladly do.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Too sloppy there to end the half but the effort is just amazing.  GO HOGS!!!
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

hawgball40

50-45. Barford rejects Young at the buzzer. beautiful play by the hogs. Dustin Thomas has been our X factor. doing alot of blue collar things that are helping us win. took 3 charges i believe.

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Ilikthiskindaparty

I'm going to be here all day.

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: alohawg on November 23, 2017, 04:47:12 pm
Poor shot selection several trips in a row.

Oklahoma is completely gassed and we're getting tired via sloppy plays...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Ironhawg

PORKULATOR

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on November 23, 2017, 04:52:15 pm
Too sloppy there to end the half but the effort is just amazing.  GO HOGS!!!
yeah Macon should have slowed down for a last shot.

The_Bionic_Pig

WE REALLY NEED KHALIL GARDNER to break up these massive minute's our guards are playing.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hawgdavis

Quote from: HawgnCorona on November 23, 2017, 04:50:06 pm
Good luck on the stfu part...Toking? That he would gladly do.

Sounds like he has been hitting a bong all day. Guy is definitely a stoner.

elksnort

hogfan14

pigbacon

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on November 23, 2017, 04:54:11 pm
WE REALLY NEED KHALIL GARDNER to break up these massive minute's our guards are playing.
he's with Moses Beasley
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 23, 2017, 04:53:35 pm
Was Macon hurt on that last possession?

Hurt feelings. Should have held the ball for the last shot. Overall good first half.

HawgHeadCheese

I see a lot of people complaining about the refs, but IMO the pace of the first was very smooth. This game has a March Madness vibe almost.

Knot2brite

I am not worried that Arkansas can play this way throughout the game...I am just afraid that Oklahoma is going to try to change the pace of the game...we can't let them do it
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

hawgball40

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 23, 2017, 04:53:35 pm
Was Macon hurt on that last possession?
he fell down and didn't get back on d, but he got back up and finished the half. think he might have took a spill but he doesn't appear to be hurt.

apcapri

ESPN3 broadcast has just been live action sound. No announcers. Kinda nice.

Ironhawg

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on November 23, 2017, 04:55:14 pm
Hurt feelings. Should have held the ball for the last shot. Overall good first half.

Announcer said something about Macon having a hard time getting up.  He looked to be hobbling just a little on the sidelinem

hoglady

No complaints from me about Walton.
He's been super complementary of Trey, Macon, Beard and Barford.
He did his homework and he knows the team.
Most announcers would just be raving about the freshman sensation from OU.
Walton's given him his due but isn't ignoring Arkansas' talented players.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hog.goblin

b-ball coach

We look good, but agree 100% on guards playing too many minutes, but those 3 together can play. If Gafford gets more of Thompson's minutes we win this thing walking away today. Walton has hit the bong to many times in his life...

hawgball40

Quote from: hoglady on November 23, 2017, 04:57:48 pm
He was silent on Gaffords big tomahawk dunk, which was an nba level play, then on his big block, then said he goal tended on the alley oop, but then complimented him for his rebounding later in the game. To me it seemed like he didn't want to give Gafford his due. He was forced to talk about Macon and Barford because they were making it rain.

HawgsPolo

Go Cubs Go!!!!!

Hogs49ers

For anyone thinking we are not playing any defense, have to remember that OU is leading the country in scoring at 108 points per game, only on pace for 90 right now so not too bad IMO...
SCREW Vandy!

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: HawgHeadCheese on November 23, 2017, 04:55:19 pm
I see a lot of people complaining about the refs, but IMO the pace of the first was very smooth. This game has a March Madness vibe almost.

I kinda liked the reffing.

hawgdavis

It's not the game stuff is all the other head stuff he goes off into tangents about. Dude is out there

The_Bionic_Pig

We are going to see a ton more fouls called due to fatigue if Mike Anderson's game plan comes to fruition!!!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Bacons Rebellion

He pronounced El Dorado with a "ray" so he definitely has that research gong for him.

HawgHeadCheese

Quote from: b-ball coach on November 23, 2017, 04:58:13 pm
We look good, but agree 100% on guards playing too many minutes, but those 3 together can play. If Gafford gets more of Thompson's minutes we win this thing walking away today. Walton has hit the bong to many times in his life...
Thats where Garland was going to come in to play. He gives you another ball handler.

Ironhawg

Announcer said something about Macon having a hard time getting up.  He looked to be hobbling just a little on the sidelinem
Quote from: hawgball40 on November 23, 2017, 04:55:42 pm
he fell down and didn't get back on d, but he got back up and finished the half. think he might have took a spill but he doesn't appear to be hurt.

Good deal!

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on November 23, 2017, 05:03:25 pm
We are going to see a ton more fouls called due to fatigue if Mike Anderson's game plan comes to fruition!!!

IF the refs call them. I thought Macon got bumped near the end of the half without a foul call.

hawgball40

Quote from: HawgsPolo on November 23, 2017, 05:01:09 pm
Hogs get some stops and they can win this game
We've been playing good defense, OU is just good(#1 offense in the country). Relax, because we are good too. 50-45 hogs at the break.

Bacons Rebellion

I really like this team. We play hard, we are aware, we are fast. We have a dimension with Gafford that Moses just couldn't bring. It is a team that is fun to be a fan of.

Großer Kriegschwein

Turkey's are out. Dinner is ready.

I think I'm more excited about the game than dinner right now.
This is my non-signature signature.

hawgball40

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 23, 2017, 05:04:22 pm
Good deal!
He didn't really look to be hobbling like a leg injury. slight hitch in his getty up so to speak, but just looked like combination of fatigue and the hard spill he too to me.

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 23, 2017, 05:05:42 pm
Turkey’s are out. Dinner is ready.

I think I’m more excited about the game than dinner right now.

As you should be.

HawgnCorona

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

junkyardhog

Hope we keep this up! First game I've been able to attend since graduation2003 lol
Mike Williams
'UA 03

Have had the handle junkyardhog since 2002(WP)

cjack

Overall pretty good half. 3 point shooting will cool off. I assume we won't shoot 70% all game. Need to get the ball down low and get to the free throw line.  Dustin Thomas looks slow on defense. Let's go boys.   WPS
Woooo Pig Soooie!

HogPharmer

Quote from: elksnort on November 23, 2017, 04:54:51 pm
You got to admit that the flow of the game is enjoyable to watch.

Higher score in the first half than in an entire Big 10 game.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Oklahawg

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc