Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 06, 2024, 05:57:44 pm

Jim Lindsey

Started by dbaileyway7, December 05, 2006, 05:39:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dbaileyway7

Got a heart to heart talk today from a prominent restaurant owner about the football program. I hope he listened intently!

GO HOGS GO

excoach

Yes ,I'm aware of the conversation.

OHBG

hog_fan

More info please? Has JL changed his viewpoint on Nutt?

arkhogdog61

IF YOU CAN"T RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS STAY ON THE PORCH!

excoach

arkhogdog61

well is that all we get?

93hog

What is JL's viewpoint on Nutt?

hog_fan

IF JL supports Nutt then nutt is staying. Thought JL like Gus more then Nutt.

hog_fan

Quote from: 93hog on December 05, 2006, 05:45:46 pm
What is JL's viewpoint on Nutt?

JL is the one that got Nutt to stay and not go to Nebraska.

arkhogdog61

well i ate at neil's today and he had the book in his hand and i asked him what he thought about it and he said once you read it you will see why mitch will never play another down for the U of A.

dbaileyway7

I don't think that anyone is going to change his mind, unless of course he were to on his own. That would sure be nice.  

excoach

Let's just say, Jim has a very good understanding of what hog fans think now.

hog_fan

Quote from: excoach on December 05, 2006, 05:48:56 pm

Does anyone think he gives two cents what the fans think? The seats will be filled next year even if Gus and players leave. Thats all they care about.

RivercrestHog

Quote from: excoach on December 05, 2006, 05:48:56 pm

But he still supports Nutt?

Since 1894

The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

russellrazorback

highdefhog

Let's all just hope Year of te Dog is a bestseller.

The more people exposed to the truth the greater the outcry.

excoach

He did get an opportunity to read some quotes from the Year of the Dog.

Richard_white

Jim Lindsey wants another NC before he dies.

He knows that keeping Dale as HC it will never happen.

Jim Lindsey isn't the problem.  It's someone else.

blue

Quote from: arkhogdog61 on December 05, 2006, 05:48:27 pm
well i ate at neil's today and he had the book in his hand and i asked him what he thought about it and he said once you read it you will see why mitch will never play another down for the U of A.
Is that suppose to mean that he is on HDN side of this thing?

excoach

Quote from: Richard_white on December 05, 2006, 05:58:14 pm

bingo

dbaileyway7

Quote from: arkhogdog61 on December 05, 2006, 05:48:27 pm

If I were Lindsey, I don't think I would let it be known that One of the best quarterbacks to come out of Arkansas will eventually leave because of something he said in a book, that was more than likely true.    

russellrazorback

mitch will be back i believe.

TuckFexas

excoach, since you seem to know something but can't really tell us....can you tell us when the hell we're all going to know?
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

Chief Mac

Quote from: excoach on December 05, 2006, 06:00:21 pm

bingo

two guesses...either JFB or Chancellor White?

WPS

Chris
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Since 1894

Quote from: TuckFexas on December 05, 2006, 06:01:50 pm
excoach, since you seem to know something but can't really tell us....can you tell us when the hell we're all going to know?

After we die and go to heaven.
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Soooie21

If Nutt is really that thin skinned, politics is not in his future..

russellrazorback

BloodRedHog

Quote from: GaRZRBCK on December 05, 2006, 06:03:30 pm

bingo

WPS

Chris

If those are the only two guesses, JFB is not the issue...
Handling all your mortgage and home financing needs...

blue

December 05, 2006, 06:08:50 pm #30 Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 06:10:29 pm by blue
Quote from: BloodRedHog on December 05, 2006, 06:06:19 pm

bingo

WPS

Chris

I would go with JFB as the problem.

Chief Mac

Quote from: BloodRedHog on December 05, 2006, 06:06:19 pm

bingo

WPS

Chris

as far as PTB go on the Hill Lindsey, JFB, and maybe White would be the only three that I would guess could keep Nutt from being shown the door.

WPS

Chris
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Sus-Scrofa

December 05, 2006, 06:09:19 pm #32 Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 06:17:09 pm by Sus-Scrofa
After reading this post, I've decided it's false, or just pathetic.  

Either this "heart to heart" is just another rumor and there's no flesh behind it, or those who "know" of the conversation like to feel important by saying they know something we don't but they aren't going to tell.  It's one or the other, both of which are pretty juvenile.  Thats junior high level stuff right there.  
After reading my post, I bet you wish they still kept track of karma points don't you?  I know, I know, I'd give me a plus one too.

BILLYBOB

Quote from: Sus-Scrofa on December 05, 2006, 06:09:19 pm

Either this "heart to heart" is just another rumor and there's no flesh behing it, or those who "know" of the conversation like to feel important by saying they know something we don't but they aren't going to tell.  BotIt's one or the other, both of which are pretty juvenile.  Thats junior high level stuff right there. 

BINGO!  It only took you 112 post to figure out how this board works.  Good job.
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~Charles Bukowski

Sus-Scrofa

Quote from: BILLYBOB on December 05, 2006, 06:10:15 pm

Either this "heart to heart" is just another rumor and there's no flesh behing it, or those who "know" of the conversation like to feel important by saying they know something we don't but they aren't going to tell.  BotIt's one or the other, both of which are pretty juvenile.  Thats junior high level stuff right there. 

BINGO!  It only took you 112 post to figure out how this board works.  Good job.

Now thats the message board behavior I know and love!  Creative backhanded mockery. :)
After reading my post, I bet you wish they still kept track of karma points don't you?  I know, I know, I'd give me a plus one too.

Hong Kong Sooey

Boy, it seems you really don't like this board.  Why do you keep posting here?

football17

If you dont like this board, then why do you bother? I dont think someone would make this up. I mean goodness... It's a fact that Lindsey eats there a few times a week....

excoach

Either this "heart to heart" is just another rumor and there's no flesh behing it, or those who "know" of the conversation like to feel important by saying they know something we don't but they aren't going to tell.  It's one or the other, both of which are pretty juvenile.  Thats junior high level stuff right there.  

I am a mod, if it was a rumor I wouldnt be posting. clear enough?

Richard_white

There are free Dale coffee mugs at Odus board.  Buy a month and post happy things about Dale and get a free Dale mug.

While supplies last.

Sus-Scrofa

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on December 05, 2006, 06:12:25 pm

I call out a rumor and I don't like the board?  I post here because in the end, rumors and all, it's the best Arkansas board out there.

wishyjoshy

Vent and Rumors.  Nice.

Sus-Scrofa

Vents and Rumors...vindication!!

BILLYBOB

Oh no...sorry to give you the wrong idea.  I love this board.  Hell, I think I'm addicted to it.  But I've learned over time you have to be able to tell the $hit from the Shinola.  You get some great nuggets on here if you watch and figure out who is legit.

This thread is certainly intriguing, but in the end it has no substance.  It's BS.  IMHO
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~Charles Bukowski

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: Sus-Scrofa on December 05, 2006, 06:14:55 pm

I call out a rumor and I don't like the board?  I post here because in the end, rumors and all, it's the best Arkansas board out there.
Notice how the quote feature works.  The last post in grey is the one being responded too.  You are the top post in grey.  Therefore I am not talking to you.

Sus-Scrofa

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on December 05, 2006, 06:18:57 pm
Notice how the quote feature works.  The last post in grey is the one being responded too.  You are the top post in grey.  Therefore I am not talking to you.

Now that's some juvenile stuff right there too, but just so you can relax, I figured out the quote thing oh great one.

dcrain

why did this thread get sent to vents and rumors?  ???

Sus-Scrofa

Because they wanted to brag about a mysterious conversation that an exclusive few knew about, but they refused to give us the details of the conversation.

football17

Tomhog™

Quote from: excoach on December 05, 2006, 06:14:09 pm

Either this "heart to heart" is just another rumor and there's no flesh behing it, or those who "know" of the conversation like to feel important by saying they know something we don't but they aren't going to tell.  It's one or the other, both of which are pretty juvenile.  Thats junior high level stuff right there.  

nevermind.  I see it was moved to the vent...

TuckFexas

Quote from: Tomcat on December 05, 2006, 06:23:07 pm
Quote from: excoach on December 05, 2006, 06:14:09 pm

You are a mod?  You have gold stars like the rest of us...

He is in MMQB, this got moved to Vent and Rumors.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.