Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I just saw a aerial view of WMS on KATV and it appears

Started by pigatron, November 24, 2006, 10:01:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pigatron

they still have that ugly ass thing at mid field. WTH are they thinking? We can expect plenty of ribbing over that one. Horrible.

creecy

Freight broker looking for loads, email me!

Oklahawg

That emblem is enough to justify cancelling any future games at WMS. Sorry, folks, but that's embarassing.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

pigatron

I live in Soouth Arkansas, and I agree, it has to go, and NOW.

Dugann

I like the old lady but who ever was in charge of that emblem crap needs to be fired.  That is just bad! Really bad. Come one LR what the heck was u thinking!
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

Torqued pork

WMS already looked like an old Conference USA stadium and that hidious mid-field emblem makes it look even worse. I hope all of the tailgating drunks who piss their pants at the thought of playing all the home games on campus get their money's worth today b/c the UofA sure won't.

creecy

Freight broker looking for loads, email me!

Albert Einswine

Does anyone have a link to a pic of the emblem?   I've not seen it.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

dana caldwell

is that something new? if so, WHAT IS IT?

cannot think of what u guys are talking about off the top of my head if it was there while i was.

i do recall the turf pellets all over the place, tho. what a dump.

Albert Einswine

"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Semper Hogelis

Quote from: creecy on November 24, 2006, 10:16:39 am
AGAIN, WHATS AT MID FIELD?
I'm with ya. What is it. Naked Rosie Odonnel, Rosanne Bare naked. What?
I need a monkey, a football and a bucket of grease. HY coaching search 2019....

Ahenso

sorry to tell you but thats the truth...it is the ugliest thing i have ever seen...

Semper Hogelis

Idahog

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 11, 2015, 07:11:54 am
Let me explain how this works...  If I have four really good meals in a row, I am thankful for that and I do not withhold my thanks for fear that the next meal might suck.

Dugann

By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

Albert Einswine

Semper Hogelis

Ha!. It's the waste management logo. Just different colors.               

hogs25

I don't care if they have Mrs. Huckabee out there necked at midfield as long as we win.

bigyellowdog

rightdp

TheMediocreEra

dana caldwell

Quote from: hogs25 on November 24, 2006, 10:23:21 am
I don't care if they have Mrs. Huckabee out there necked at midfield as long as we win.

now that's pretty funny right there!

but get off janet!

Albert Einswine

Quote from: m1a2 on November 24, 2006, 10:33:07 am
Quote from: Albert Einswine on November 24, 2006, 10:18:59 am
Quote from: HoggerNocker on November 24, 2006, 10:18:06 am

Please tell me you're kidding!

You have 2,956 posts and somehow you had no idea what was at the center of the field?

I reside in Indiana and haven't been back to Arkansas in quite a while.

hogs25

HedgeDweller

Here we are about to kick LSU's butt and all y'all are concerned about is an emblem at mid-field?  Heck, I don't care if we take them on in the parking lot....
Go Hogs!

dana caldwell

Quote from: rightdp on November 24, 2006, 10:31:49 am
What does Jesus have to do with the Logo?

agree. i edited it to Holy Cow. know some -- including me to a degree -- find that sort of thing offensive.

HedgeDweller

Quote from: pigatron on November 24, 2006, 10:01:52 am
they still have that ugly ass thing at mid field. WTH are they thinking? We can expect plenty of ribbing over that one. Horrible.

and pigatron dana, thank you for changing the subject line....

Hawg414

dana caldwell

BTW, the emblem is very stupid. that the best those folks in LR can do?

the UA either needs to have that place spruced up or quit playing -- especially on TV -- there. i'm all for two LR games but not in crappy, embarrassing venues while on national TV.

threeNout

Don't sweat the little stuff.

Today's field will look great because of what happens on it.

threeNout

Quote from: HedgeDweller on November 24, 2006, 10:37:19 am

yes

bigyellowdog

I had a feeling the JC was going to get edited.  But are cows holy? 

dana caldwell

Quote from: HedgeDweller on November 24, 2006, 10:37:19 am

u bet.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: bigyellowdog on November 24, 2006, 10:40:29 am
I had a feeling the JC was going to get edited.  But are cows holy? 

Only amongst the Hindu. ;)   And members of PETA.

HedgeDweller

Quote from: dana caldwell on November 24, 2006, 10:38:50 am

the UA either needs to have that place spruced up or quit playing -- especially on TV -- there. i'm all for two LR games but not in crappy, embarrassing venues while on national TV.

Dana, other than the emblem at midfield, on tv the stadium will look fine.
When there are 55k screamin' standin' folks in the stand - you don't actually see the stadium anyway.

The field itself, (except maybe the logo) actually will look better than RRS.
The field up there is looking rough.

bigyellowdog

dana caldwell

Quote from: threeNout on November 24, 2006, 10:39:25 am

hey, i've been on this board since about 7 eastern time. trust me, i have addressed plenty of subjects this morning and we have TWO AND A HALF-PLUS HOURS TO GO!

and u guys taking the time to tell us not to discuss this crack me up!

ugly as shiite! tacky. looks like something from a fireworks stand or wal-mart's first attempt at a logo.

dana caldwell

Mr. Prozac

Quote from: Albert Einswine on November 24, 2006, 10:34:52 am
I reside in Indiana and haven't been back to Arkansas in quite a while.
So you have to hear the Notre Dame crap incessantly? That would suck, at least for me...

Back to the topic at hand: I like games in Little Rock, but the new logo is really bad. They did it when they replaced the surface this year. I don't know what prompted it. It looks really "Fisher Price" to me.

bigyellowdog

That logo is the final reason to have the games moved from WMS to RRS. This is too big of a game to be looking minor league.  People are going to tune in and actually think that is the Hogs "home" stadium.

dana caldwell

Quote from: HedgeDweller on November 24, 2006, 10:41:31 am

Dana, other than the emblem at midfield, on tv the stadium will look fine.
When there are 55k screamin' standin' folks in the stand - you don't actually see the stadium anyway.

The field itself, (except maybe the logo) actually will look better than RRS.
The field up there is looking rough.

i'm afraid lots of camera angles will reveal the horrible logo. not that big a deal, tho, just nonsensical and a lil embarrassing.

glad to hear the field looks better. it was blotchy and really ugly two years ago.

dana caldwell

Quote from: bigyellowdog on November 24, 2006, 10:45:18 am
That logo is the final reason to have the games moved from WMS to RRS. This is too big of a game to be looking minor league.  People are going to tune in and actually think that is the Hogs "home" stadium.

u know, that last sentence is a good point (first one not bad, either). some casual fans -- and there will be lots of those watching today -- actually will think that.

threeNout

I'd rather have a Hog at midfield too, but the folks at WMS must be between a rock and a hard place on every decision they make, and can barely make it financially, and we are only able to have games in LR by a razor thin margin.

The are games still in LR, so I ain't complaining.

The Rock will bring the noise today, the Hogs will win, the place will go crazy, I can live with the ugly logo.

pigatron

Quote from: dana caldwell on November 24, 2006, 10:36:40 am
Quote from: rightdp on November 24, 2006, 10:31:49 am
What does Jesus have to do with the Logo?

agree. i edited it to Holy Cow. know some -- including me to a degree -- find that sort of thing offensive.
You could have just dropped it all together if it really bugged people? I'm not trying to bash WMS at all, all the Hog games I've ever been to have been there, but that emblem is just horrible and makes us look bad.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: bigyellowdog on November 24, 2006, 10:45:18 am

Bigyellowdog you just stepped in a big ol' pile of crap with that statement right there! ;D

Be prepared for the onslaught from Rey Pygsterio and RazorRyan.

threeNout

Quote from: dana caldwell on November 24, 2006, 10:43:00 am
Quote from: threeNout on November 24, 2006, 10:39:25 am

hey, i've been on this board since about 7 eastern time. trust me, i have addressed plenty of subjects this morning and we have TWO AND A HALF-PLUS HOURS TO GO!

and u guys taking the time to tell us not to discuss this crack me up!

ugly as shiite! tacky. looks like something from a fireworks stand or wal-mart's first attempt at a logo.

Not suggesting we don't discuss it, just suggesting that it shouldn't ruin anyones day.

Today will be a great, GREAT day for the Hogs, the best or worst logo in the world won't change that.