Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Poll: Who will be our next coach?

Started by the donger, September 26, 2006, 11:45:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

the donger

September 26, 2006, 11:45:15 pm Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 11:49:21 pm by the donger
???

jamie72921

I didn't vote because we don't need a new coach. What we need are fans who will support the team and be positive.
Bless your heart

the donger

Quote from: jamie72921 on September 26, 2006, 11:46:35 pm
I didn't vote because we don't need a new coach. What we need are fans who will support the team and be positive.
I just puked.

Sao Ming

I think there has already been a Hogville study done on this topic, could be wrong however.  I'll have to do more research to find out.

Amityvillehogger

how many times are we gonna kick this dead horse.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

the donger

WoooPigSooie

Quote from: jamie72921 on September 26, 2006, 11:46:35 pm

So youve been in Arkansas how many weeks now??
"The Heisman is supposed to define college football's most outstanding football player.

I saw him here Saturday night. Darren McFadden."

jamie72921

Plese be positive. Recruits read this stuff all the time. Support the team. Go Hogs!
Bless your heart

big boes

at least come up with a reasonable list.  except for malzahn, none of the guys listed would even take the job.

the donger

Quote from: big boes on September 26, 2006, 11:54:53 pm
at least come up with a reasonable list.  except for malzahn, none of the guys listed would even take the job.
Why would Gus?

Richard_white

WoooPigSooie

Quote from: jamie72921 on September 26, 2006, 11:53:27 pm
Plese be positive. Recruits read this stuff all the time. Support the team. Go Hogs!

Wait, you're right.  Shhh.  Think they heard me?  We better go tell all the other guys too.  

"The Heisman is supposed to define college football's most outstanding football player.

HOGSWEAT

I'm waitin for notshavin's response...

loserhog3-7

Darn it I voted before reading the last one. I chose Gus cause I like the color of his bus.

Albert Einswine

Houston is our coach and hes the only coach we need.  Frank Broyls has repetedly stated that Houston is the right man for the job and if Frank believes that its good enough for me.

Like the others have alreddy said,  being negative is only hurting recruiting.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

hawgfan_18

ya why isn't HDN on that list as sad as it is he will be here forever (said in the voice of the kid off of sandlot-FOREVVVEEEERRRR!)

jamie72921

Thanks Albert. A voice of positivity is refreshing around here. It is hard to believe that just 5% of the fans could be this negative.
Bless your heart

WoooPigSooie

Quote from: Albert Einswine on September 27, 2006, 12:01:07 am
Houston is our coach and hes the only coach we need.  Frank Broyls has repeatedly stated that Houston is the right man for the job and if Frank believes that its good enough for me.

Like the others have already said,  being negative is only hurting recruiting.

So recruits often visit the forums and make decisions about the state of the program by a message board out here on the WWW huh?  Well I guess by this unparalleled logic we should have a top 10 team every year.  Really seemed to hurt Florida huh?  Visit the sites of top NCAA teams and tell me there is no criticism going on.  And do you really think that a kid is going to make a decision about his college choice by a what he reads on a message board?  I think a visit to the campus, or the 70k+ fans and every game might have a little more bearing on his decision..by the way I'm one of the 70k+ fans and I do support the team..not the coach.

Albert Einswine

How can you support the team and not the leader of the team coach Nutt.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

the donger

Quote from: Albert Einswine on September 27, 2006, 12:11:04 am
It's hard but possible.

jamie72921

You can't support the team if you don't support the coach. I have seen GuvHog tell people this all the time. Why do some fans not get it. If we won all our games and Coach Nutt was the coach some of you wouldn't be happy. Go Hogs!
Bless your heart

WoooPigSooie

Quote from: jamie72921 on September 27, 2006, 12:06:51 am
Thanks Albert. A voice of positivity is refreshing around here. It is hard to believe that just 5% of the fans could be this negative.

Why am I negative because I dont like our coach, or more specifically because I dont think he is a good leader?  Can I not support the Hogs and not like HN at the same time.  I think Im being positive that I want to see change in our leadership.  I love the hogs!  I am happy for every win!  An I think we can do that in spite our HC.

Calling All Hogs

Yeah. Leave the dagger in the Hog Nation body and only say positive things about it and hope recruits don't
see it. It is certainly a shiney dagger and so far this season the bleeding has been less than last year. Hear that
recruits? Please come be part of it all! Hell let's give the dagger a five year extension to make sure it stays in!

Richard_white

It's real easy.

Albert Einswine

CallMeHog,  join us and let go of the hate and negativism.

WoooPigSooie

Its easy actually.  For instance.  I couldnt make it to the game Sat because I had to work.   I came home to watch the game and was at my house 30 minutes before game time to watch my beloved hogs.  I, at times, literally jumped up and down in my living room, after MM completed the TD pass, and whooped and hollered when we made the FG.  I then got back in my truck, the one with the HOG flags on top of the windows, and drove back to work with a huge grin on my face.  My weekend was made.  Is that support?

WoooPigSooie

Quote from: Albert Einswine on September 27, 2006, 12:15:45 am

Here is part of one of the problems I see.  You equate a lack of respect for the leadership of the program, HN, with Hate and negativism.  Thats a leap.

Calling All Hogs

Let me be positive. Let us rejoice that soon the Razorback program will be a Nutt free environment.
Nothing negative or hateful about that!

Big Papa Satan

Houston is our coach and hes the only coach we need.  Frank Broyls has repetedly stated that Houston is the right man for the job and if Frank believes that its good enough for me.

Frank Broyles is a senile old coot who should've retired in 2001, shortly after the stadium expansion was finished.

Being negative isn't hurting recruiting, as much as Nutt and the MSM is.  Nutt and Broyles are the problem.  Neither should continue to get a free pass.

Those two have done more harm to this program than anything said on a message board.

the donger

Mr. recruit,

Please dont read this board anymore.
I'm sure the other schools you are considering dont have boards with disgruntled fans.
By the way, I'm sure you would be happy at the U of A in a year or two.

the donger

My vote is for #6. Typical for the U of A Brass.

moley_russells_wart_hog

Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows,
Everything that's wonderful is what I feel when we're together,
Brighter than a lucky penny,
When you're near the rain cloud disappears, dear,
And I feel so fine just to know that you are mine.

My life is sunshine, lollipops and rainbows,
That's how this refrain goes, so come on, join in everybody!

Everything that's wonderful is sure to come your way
When you're in love to stay.

Everything that's wonderful is what I feel when we're together,
Brighter than a lucky penny,
When you're near the rain cloud disappears, dear,
And I feel so fine just to know that you are mine.

My life is sunshine, lollipops and rainbows,
That's how this refrain goes, so come on, join in everybody!

Everything that's wonderful is sure to come your way
'Cause you're in love, you're in love,
And love is here to stay!

Vandimar

I'm a huge supporter of Nutt for personal reasons but...

i'm a bigger supporter of the razorbacks as a program

you can easily support a program and not a coach...like on these message boards for instance. you wouldn't be here if you didn't support the program 100% (for the most part) but here is where we give our opinions on the program and the games. So you can give your support to the razorbacks easily without giving coach nutt any credit at all.
I'm not in this movie, I'm not in this song.

razorbackkid

If a quarterback isn't getting the job done you go with another quarterback.

If a running back isn't getting the job done you go with another running back.

If a receiver isn't getting the job done you go with another receiver.

If a punter isn't getting the job done you go with another punter.

Does "going with" somebody else mean you don't like or support the person who needed to be "changed out"?

Not in my book.  Coach Nutt may be the best of the best in many areas of life,
but he (as his record indicates) is not the best coach WE could have.

Appreciate his effort and I'm sure he loves the Razorbacks but that doesn't equate to being the best thing for OUR hogs!  He gave it his all I'm sure and, as stated,
I for one appreciate his effort.  But he has had his run, time to move the game forward another step.

Go Hogs!
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Hog_One_Stop

I didn't vote.  Last time I looked we had a full house of coaches, 

hogfan47

C L martin

Fort Smith Ark    

start the healing process now

Anson Marlow

/list]

Albert Einswine

Quote from: WoooPigSooie on September 27, 2006, 12:21:09 am

Here is part of one of the problems I see.  You equate a lack of respect for the leadership of the program, HN, with Hate and negativism.  Thats a leap.

Heres the whole problem,  you see Houston Nutt or HN as you put it and you only see hate and negativeness when if you would only be more positive you would see HN and see happiness and nirvana.   Go Hogs!  Beat Auburun!

HedgeDweller

September 27, 2006, 07:46:58 am #38 Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 07:53:46 am by HedgeDweller
I'm sorry, but the question (to me) is either'irrelevant' or 'worded wrong'.
It's irrelevant because there is no job opening.
The better way to state the question would have been 'Who would you like to be the next head coach, should the position come open'.
IF it were to come open, I would be most interested in Butch Davis.