Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema opens up about his wife receiving death threats and life in the SEC

Started by RunDMC901, December 19, 2013, 01:19:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

870hogfan

The ones that are making excuses don't even want him as the coach...

Mike Irwin

There are crazy people out there pretty much anywhere you live. Hopefully you never encounter them when they decide to be crazy but life is a risk no matter who you are.

When you are in the public eye, the risk increases.

Who would have believed that somebody would shoot John Lennon? Should Paul McCartney fear for his life? If so what restrictions are tolerable for him?

Wanna be like Elvis and live behind walls and a gate or just go about living your life?

Philip Seaton

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 19, 2013, 05:59:01 pm
His comments and his wife's have been controversial to say the least. Does that excuse the death threats? No absolutely not.

Everyone has missed my point. My main point is what do you expect? The internet and social media in general is a breeding ground for crazies. A high profile person(s) getting on there and especially if they get in spats with others? Ya the lunatic fringe hiding behind a screen name are gonna come out.

True story, I once my truck got stolen. I was an idiot...left my keys in the ignition doors unlocked. Did I deserve to get my truck stolen? NO! But what do you expect? I left my truck unattended, unlocked, and keys in ignition. Sucks, but such is the way of life. This is my point.

The point to what? That because he is the coach of the University of Arkansas football team that he should stayed cubbed-holed up in his room and not speak about anything? If you don't agree with him, so what? I have plenty of Facebook "friends" that post stuff that I don't agree with, do I say anything or send them death threats? No I just pass it by. The fact that bring up that you can see why people would is just as irrational thinking of those that actually doing it. But you don't have to agree with that statement, you can just pass this response by.

The man has a right to speak his mind, he didn't make personal attacks against anyone Twitter, just defended himself. He didn't make personal attacks against anyone on Twitter, just attacks and comments directed at a former conference rival. Look at what the President of at the University said about him in a public forum, yet he didn't respond in kind to the direct attacks. I would rather have a coach that speaks his mind. If I am going to play for something (if I would have been athletically gifted too) or have a child play for someone, I would rather have that. You know where you stand. The fact that he even directed comments against a former conference rival just shows me how personal he takes it. It shows me that a year removed from coaching against a school that his disdain is still there. I want that from my coach. When he finally gets his team in place (which I believe he will, you can disagree with me and I am fine with that), then no one will care. But none of that is worth a death threat. None of it!

hawgsalot

Quote from: LedZepHog on December 19, 2013, 03:07:01 pm
Apparently not.  BB is about my age, and I'm pretty loosey-goosey considering my dad was a WWII sailor and as old school as they come.  But I would never think about getting into an online pissing match if I were the head coach of a maor D1 program.

Every time I think about that, this guy comes to mind...........

Ha Ha no you would never get in a online pissing match.  Really, pot kettle.

jkstock04

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on December 19, 2013, 06:14:29 pm
Really? Because she is the wife of a football coach she should not be allowed to have the same public avenues of expression. People like you should really try really hard to think before writing. That is ridiculous.   
It's not a difficult concept. I think people like you should think really hard before writing. She should be allowed to do whatever she wants on any media network. It is a free country after all.

But considering everything...what she says and most importantly who she is...don't be surprised if the lunatic fringe show their ugly face. I don't see why this is such a hard concept to grasp. Y'all are honestly surprised there are idiots on the internet that would pull something like this? I'm not.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Hogmeier

Alright people, time out! Everyone!

CBB has made some smart arse tweets. (I will not argue with anyone about this, he did!)

His wife, after Wisconsin lost a game, made a really stupid tweet. (Truth! And trust me, if that had been about the hogs, our crazy arse fan base would be just as crazy! Don't kid yourself!)

I hope that they both learned a few lessons this year, on the field, off the field and on social media!

jkstock04

Quote from: Two wrongs don't make a D'Nerian Wrighter on December 19, 2013, 10:18:12 pm
The point to what? That because he is the coach of the University of Arkansas football team that he should stayed cubbed-holed up in his room and not speak about anything? If you don't agree with him, so what? I have plenty of Facebook "friends" that post stuff that I don't agree with, do I say anything or send them death threats? No I just pass it by. The fact that bring up that you can see why people would is just as irrational thinking of those that actually doing it. But you don't have to agree with that statement, you can just pass this response by.

The man has a right to speak his mind, he didn't make personal attacks against anyone Twitter, just defended himself. He didn't make personal attacks against anyone on Twitter, just attacks and comments directed at a former conference rival. Look at what the President of at the University said about him in a public forum, yet he didn't respond in kind to the direct attacks. I would rather have a coach that speaks his mind. If I am going to play for something (if I would have been athletically gifted too) or have a child play for someone, I would rather have that. You know where you stand. The fact that he even directed comments against a former conference rival just shows me how personal he takes it. It shows me that a year removed from coaching against a school that his disdain is still there. I want that from my coach. When he finally gets his team in place (which I believe he will, you can disagree with me and I am fine with that), then no one will care. But none of that is worth a death threat. None of it!
He can twitter all he wants for all I care. If it helps us win games I'm all for it. I'm JUST saying don't be surprised that there are idiots out there that would pull something like this. That's it. I think it's gonna come with the territory.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

LZH

Quote from: hawgsalot on December 19, 2013, 10:37:57 pm
Ha Ha no you would never get in a online pissing match.  Really, pot kettle.

I'm not the Razorbacks' head coach.

hawgsalot

Quote from: LedZepHog on December 19, 2013, 11:00:47 pm
I'm not the Razorbacks' head coach.

You're exactly right, you're hiding behind a keyboard calling someone childish for saying something online that you don't agree with.   All the while typing away hiding behind your online identity, the ultimate irony.  Stay classy Led, stay classy.

LZH

Quote from: hawgsalot on December 19, 2013, 11:11:03 pm
You're exactly right, you're hiding behind a keyboard calling someone childish for saying something online that you don't agree with.   All the while typing away hiding behind your online identity, the ultimate irony.  Stay classy Led, stay classy.

I'm not hiding, cuz.  My name is Michael Doss and I own Doss Heating & Air Conditioning in Lake Village (870-489-2948), and I think BB's twitter back-and-forth with these idiots is not unlike trading fart noises in the back of class.  How's that?

I'd include my RF member # but it's in the desk in the other room.

Pigsknuckles

The only serious death threat should be on this thread. I mean, C'mon Man? This is junior high crap. This needs to go below Trash.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

hawgsalot

Quote from: LedZepHog on December 19, 2013, 11:15:26 pm
I'm not hiding, cuz.  My name is Michael Doss and I own Doss Heating & Air Conditioning in Lake Village (870-489-2948), and I think BB's twitter back-and-forth with these idiots is not unlike trading fart noises in the back of class.  How's that?

Just a tad bit of advice edit your post you might get death threats.  Seriously what CBB did is equivalent to saying shut up. There a plenty on this thread that say worse everyday on this board.  I'm serious about editing your post, it will not play out the way you want.

LZH

Quote from: hawgsalot on December 19, 2013, 11:25:16 pm
Just a tad bit of advice edit your post you might get death threats.  Seriously what CBB did is equivalent to saying shut up. There a plenty on this thread that say worse everyday on this board.  I'm serious about editing your post, it will not play out the way you want.

I thought it was a bad idea when he first did it, and when it happened again I thought even less of it...actually I couldn' believe it.  Like I said earlier, though, at least he has since knocked that crap off.

Fwiw, I've never tried to hide who I am on here.  It's just that I've been a guitar player since I was 8 and Led Zep is my fave....so, ya know.

redswarmrising

i think these threats were from outside of our fan base.heck,even Alex Collins had other fans tweeting at him saying they hoped he breaks his leg and never plays again,just because he signed with the hogs

tusksincolorado

DID YOU REALLY JUST POST YOUR NAME, BUSINESS, and NUMBER!

TIME TO PUT AWAY THE BEER.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

tusksincolorado

This is so depressing....It's about time for me to quit Hogville.

LZH

Quote from: tusksincolorado on December 19, 2013, 11:50:11 pm
DID YOU REALLY JUST POST YOUR NAME, BUSINESS, and NUMBER!

TIME TO PUT AWAY THE BEER.

Ha.  Actually, I haven't had a drink in weeks...tryin' to lose weight.

Just couldn't be accused of 'hiding behind my keyboard', mainly because I don't think I'm wrong on this.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: LedZepHog on December 19, 2013, 11:54:40 pm
Ha.  Actually, I haven't had a drink in weeks...tryin' to lose weight.

Just couldn't be accused of 'hiding behind my keyboard', mainly because I don't think I'm wrong on this.

If memory serves me, you're a United Technologies Dealer.....Carrier/Bryant/Payne?

LZH

Quote from: tusksincolorado on December 20, 2013, 12:02:56 am
If memory serves me, you're a United Technologies Dealer.....Carrier/Bryant/Payne?

Trane/American Standard.  Some Lennox and Westinghouse commercial equipment, too.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

3kgthog

There's a simple fix. Stay off social media or at least make your profiles close friends only. Make the crazies have to go to the trouble of finding your number or address to issue a death threat.

LZH

I'm not far from pulling the plug on alot of folks tonite......keep it up.

Steef

Quote from: WilsonHog on December 19, 2013, 09:53:11 pm
Read this quote and see if it applies:

"On the other hand, it's easy to lose perspective and self-control. Those flaws are magnified by the easy access to professional athletes provided by Twitter."

"In an interview with The New York Times last year, I made the point that the hobby has grown progressively darker as the popularity rages out of control. There should be just a hint of shame involved when one lives out his fantasies through the actions of others."

To make this even more concerning, there seems to be a growing phenomenon of recruits expecting to build up Twitter fan bases of their own. There's a thread on it here right now.

I don't have a Twitter account, but am guilty of encouraging others to play this game with recruits, thinking it was all innocent fun. And a lot of it probably is.

But it does feel like it's getting darker. The new knowledge of what the Bielema's have experienced, coupled with the bottom 20% of HV postings, is disturbing.

Peter Porker

Quote from: superior_wang on December 19, 2013, 01:32:22 pm
dead on. if shed stay the hell off public stuff,   that would help greatly... too late for that...

That's like saying, "If she didn't dress like that she wouldn't have gotten raped." And I'm talking generally, not about any women specifically.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Peter Porker

Quote from: kj0N on December 19, 2013, 01:46:58 pm
Isn't this the same site that did the anonymous coach previewing SEC teams?

Something about this site stinks.

No. They got the anonymous stuff from Lindy's or Athlon's.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Steef

Quote from: XxALLEYxX on December 20, 2013, 05:29:07 am
That's like saying, "If she didn't dress like that she wouldn't have gotten raped." And I'm talking generally, not about any women specifically.

Agree completely.

Peter Porker

Quote from: LedZepHog on December 19, 2013, 03:07:01 pm
Apparently not.  BB is about my age, and I'm pretty loosey-goosey considering my dad was a WWII sailor and as old school as they come.  But I would never think about getting into an online pissing match if I were the head coach of a maor D1 program.

Every time I think about that, this guy comes to mind...........

How old do you think CBB is? He was born in 1970. If you were born around that time your dad to have been in his 50s to have you since he was a WW II sailor.

Peter Porker

Quote from: steefhog on December 19, 2013, 03:44:21 pm
I just hope and pray that neither Bret nor Jen reads this thread.

Or any of the other crap that gets said about them.

Death threats. And classless message boarders.

Over a football game.

The only thing JEN is guilty of, is trying to show some Hog spirit. Obviously, our fanbase has killed her desire to continue that.

This really sucks. Some of 'fans'...really suck.

Some of our "fans" make it really hard to be a Razorback fan.

smb

I do think the twitter comments from both of them was a bit much. Because no matter what they say people are going to turn it against them.
GeorgiaHOG

Inhogswetrust

Putting your name and number on here where we all disagree sometimes and sometimes vigorously could be detrimental to your business. Kind of like wearing an OU shirt to work on the OSU head coaches house........................................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

tex_hogfan

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 20, 2013, 06:31:20 am
Putting your name and number on here where we all disagree sometimes and sometimes vigorously could be detrimental to your business. Kind of like wearing an OU shirt to work on the OSU head coaches house........................................

I don't know about Arkansas, but if my AC goes out here in August, I don't care if he shows up in an Auburn shirt........just sayin'

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: tex_hogfan on December 20, 2013, 06:38:25 am
I don't know about Arkansas, but if my AC goes out here in August, I don't care if he shows up in an Auburn shirt........just sayin'

this
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Let's make some waves.

sowmonella

I'm starting a boycott in Lake Village.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

gchamblee

Quote from: rude1 on December 19, 2013, 10:01:41 pm
For the life of me I can't see the parallel in an actual rape, and an internet death threat.

Ironically, I cant understand why you think a death threat and an internet death threat are 2 different things. The tool used to deliver the threat is irrelevant. Would it make you nervous if I told you I know your real name, where you live, what you drive, where you work, who your family members are and have a decent knowledge of your daily schedule and travel plans... and that I will kill you or your wife? Would it give you more comfort if the threat came via digital delivery instead of being phoned in or mailed to you? If you are so touched by the viscous crime of rape, why does the threat of killing a woman feel like a lesser crime to you? Maybe you should quit focusing on the tool of delivery and start focusing on the act that is being promised.

If my response offends you, then we are even.

Quote from: gchamblee on December 20, 2013, 07:02:44 am
Ironically, I cant understand why you think a death threat and an internet death threat are 2 different things. The tool used to deliver the threat is irrelevant. Would it make you nervous if I told you I know your real name, where you live, what you drive, where you work, who your family members are and have a decent knowledge of your daily schedule and travel plans... and that I will kill you or your wife? Would it give you more comfort if the threat came via digital delivery instead of being phoned in or mailed to you? If you are so touched by the viscous crime of rape, why does the threat of killing a woman feel like a lesser crime to you? Maybe you should quit focusing on the tool of delivery and start focusing on the act that is being promised.

If my response offends you, then we are even.

If you think a threat and an actual act are the same you should be offended at yourself.  Plenty of threats are made that aren't acted on.  A threat can be just that.  An act can't be undone. 
Let's make some waves.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on December 20, 2013, 07:40:29 am

If you think a threat and an actual act are the same you should be offended at yourself.  Plenty of threats are made that aren't acted on.  A threat can be just that.  An act can't be undone. 

Except kids are getting suspended from school for shooting fake bow and arrows and finger guns.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Quote from: Hogfaniam on December 20, 2013, 07:44:25 am
Except kids are getting suspended from school for shooting fake bow and arrows and finger guns.

Lol wow.  Where is that happening?
Let's make some waves.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on December 20, 2013, 07:54:23 am

Lol wow.  Where is that happening?

Saw somewhere a couple of weeks ago where a kid was sent home for emulating the Hunger Games at school. 
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

urkillnmesmalls

For the life of me I can't see the parallel in an actual rape, and an internet death threat.

For the life of me, I can't understand how you remain a member of this message board.  :puke:

Death threats are illegal.  Rape is illegal.  What do you NOT understand?  Either one can cause people fear and angst to that point that the recipient become secluded and despondent. 

Neither are EVER deserved no matter WHAT the person says, or what situation they put themselves in.  You know why?  It takes a completely criminal act by the other person for it to happen.  It's not like you're the lookout on a bank robbery, but claim innocence because you didn't ever actually go inside the bank during the robbery.   

If you want to argue that the odds of receiving a death threat on Twitter increase by 100% if you use twitter, versus not using it, then I will agree.  But just using twitter should never mean you deserve malicious threats. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

jabohog

Doesn't suprise me that someone named rude on Hogville can't see. Let me explain, the Lady is the victim here, not the blame. I doubt your appalled at anything, just spewing your normal garbage because it doesn't suit you argument.

I don't question that the use of twitter, etc. may be better left alone or better utilized, but to say that by using it you it's your own fault if you receive a death threat is simply not right. JMO Clear enough for ya?

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on December 20, 2013, 07:40:29 am

You really have some comprehension issues if you believe that.  There are hundreds of cases EVERY year where rapists will hold women down against their will and threaten rape just for the physical thrill of it.  They will do it over and over in some cases, and women are too afraid for their lives to report it.  They will sometimes do this MULTIPLE times without ever actually physically raping the victim. 

Now..you explain to me how that's not more than enough to ruin a person's life.  It's assault, but it's not rape in the technical sense.  It's still a heinous act that is done EVERY day to multiple women. 

Death threats have been the known cause for many celebrities to seclude themselves and fear public appearances.  It has ruined many of their lives.  Are you going to argue that they should have never chosen show business if they didn't want crazies giving them death threats. 

You people will go to any lengths you can to disparage BB and Jen.  It's appalling, and I would ban every single one of you if I owned this site.  It's ludicrous that we have even one person in this thread that has said a negative word toward either of them.  Neither of them has done anything to deserve a death threat.  NOTHING   
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

RunDMC901

Quote from: MacHog19 on December 19, 2013, 05:56:28 pm
What are you talking about that he's blamed his players, recruiting and the Almighty?  It's fine if you don't like CBB, but I think you're off base on these comments.

1) Blaming of the players: "This is getting a little old," he said. "It's a long way to go. We just can't have one missed tackle turn into a touchdown. It happened on two or three occasions." (Calling out specific players ... classy)

2) Blaming recruiting: "The coach seemed to imply there was not much talent available to him when he took over the program." (Even if this is the case)

3) Blaming God: "Obviously (I) didn't want to go 3-9, but it was the reality of what it was. For whatever reason, the good Lord decided us to be that way."  (Really? The Lord decided we would go 3-9 hmmm)

Find me were he accepts some of the blame, because I just validated my post.  Thanks, I will hang up and listen...

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: RunDMC901 on December 20, 2013, 08:24:12 am
1) Blaming of the players: "This is getting a little old," he said. "It's a long way to go. We just can't have one missed tackle turn into a touchdown. It happened on two or three occasions." (Calling out specific players ... classy)

2) Blaming recruiting: "The coach seemed to imply there was not much talent available to him when he took over the program." (Even if this is the case)

3) Blaming God: "Obviously (I) didn't want to go 3-9, but it was the reality of what it was. For whatever reason, the good Lord decided us to be that way."  (Really? The Lord decided we would go 3-9 hmmm)

Find me were he accepts some of the blame, because I just validated my post.  Thanks, I will hang up and listen...

You pulled out what you wanted to hear.  There were MULTIPLE times this season where he accepted blame.  I can recall several, but I'm not digging up the quotes.  In the most recent one I recall, he said that he and the coaching staff had to do a better job of closing out the game following the MS State game.  On several occasions he referenced the coaches needing to do a better job for the players.  I know you're choosing to omit those, but it happened...I heard it. 

Do I agree with some of the things you referenced that he said.  Nope..and I've expressed that.  But....it's also not fair for you to insinuate that he never took any blame.  That's flat out wrong. 

RunDMC901

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on December 20, 2013, 08:28:44 am
You pulled out what you wanted to hear.  There were MULTIPLE times this season where he accepted blame.  I can recall several, but I'm not digging up the quotes.  In the most recent one I recall, he said that he and the coaching staff had to do a better job of closing out the game following the MS State game.  On several occasions he referenced the coaches needing to do a better job for the players.  I know you're choosing to omit those, but it happened...I heard it. 

Do I agree with some of the things you referenced that he said.  Nope..and I've expressed that.  But....it's also not fair for you to insinuate that he never took any blame.  That's flat out wrong.

Find it for me then, because after a quick Google search I sure couldn't find anything.  However, it sure was easy to find my validating points. 

I'm sure at some press conference he said something along the lines of "We as coaches need to get better..." but it was probably after he threw everyone else under the bus. 

This argument isn't going anywhere, but I made my point.  It frustrates me how quick he is to point his finger elsewhere when in reality he needs to look in the mirror.  I just don't like his lack of accepting he might have made a mistake (poor preparation, bad play calling, etc).  Maybe Gee wasn't too far off about Bert.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: RunDMC901 on December 20, 2013, 08:38:31 am
Find it for me then, because after a quick Google search I sure couldn't find anything.  However, it sure was easy to find my validating points. 

I'm sure at some press conference he said something along the lines of "We as coaches need to get better..." but it was probably after he threw everyone else under the bus. 

This argument isn't going anywhere, but I made my point.  It frustrates me how quick he is to point his finger elsewhere when in reality he needs to look in the mirror.  I just don't like his lack of accepting he might have made a mistake (poor preparation, bad play calling, etc).  Maybe Gee wasn't too far off about Bert.

Well, then stop arguing.  Since I agreed already, and I know many others who didn't care for him calling out players, it seems you're arguing with yourself.  But...he did accept blame and say they needed to do a better job on multiple occasions, and I don't have to Google it.  If you discount that...that's fine, but don't act like he never accepted any blame. 

RunDMC901

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on December 20, 2013, 08:53:34 am
Well, then stop arguing.  Since I agreed already, and I know many others who didn't care for him calling out players, it seems you're arguing with yourself.  But...he did accept blame and say they needed to do a better job on multiple occasions, and I don't have to Google it.  If you discount that...that's fine, but don't act like he never accepted any blame.

I thought you weren't agreeing when it said "Do I agree...  Nope."  Apologies

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: RunDMC901 on December 20, 2013, 08:57:34 am
I thought you weren't agreeing when it said "Do I agree...  Nope."  Apologies

I can see that.  It was meant to read that I didn't agree with how he called some players out.  But...he did it mildly, and if you'll notice...it seemed like the effort improved once it was said.  Sometimes it's hard to know when to say the difficult things that aren't always taken well from the outside, but it didn't hurt morale in that instance, and in fact...it almost seemed to help accountability. 

So...maybe there was a method to his madness.  I may not like it...but it doesn't necessarily make it wrong.  See where I'm going with that? 

If he sees less than 100% effort, how does it help anything to stand there and take bullets and accept all of the blame?  In some regard, doesn't that almost give the players an out if they're dogging it?  In almost every instance, he came back the next week an acknowledged renewed commitment by the players who received criticism.   

All I know is this...following the most outward comments, it seemed the defensive effort improved.  Just sayin'....

DeltaBoy

I hope Coach and Jen learned their lesson in all this Twitter mess.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.