Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema opens up about his wife receiving death threats and life in the SEC

Started by RunDMC901, December 19, 2013, 01:19:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jkstock04

Death threats aren't excusable....but they open themselves up to this BS with their controversial participation in the social media network world.

Guarantee you a high percentage of high profile people in the media or showbiz go through this stuff all the time....& the twitter stuff is only gonna magnify it. 
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

WashUhog6

To be fair, how many of those comments were coming from Wisconsin fans?

superior_wang

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 19, 2013, 01:26:33 pm
Death threats aren't excusable....but they open themselves up to this BS with their controversial participation in the social media network world.

Guarantee you a high percentage of high profile people in the media or showbiz go through this stuff all the time....& the twitter stuff is only gonna magnify it.

dead on. if shed stay the hell off public stuff,   that would help greatly... too late for that...

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: UCAhog6 on December 19, 2013, 01:31:09 pm
To be fair, how many of those comments were coming from Wisconsin fans?

I doubt they were signed Wisconsin or arkansas fan but a psychos a psycho neither fan base claims him.

ricepig

LZH

Not much of an interview, considering the bold print says "he sat down with the AP".

Death threats are unbelieveable.  What is wrong with people?  Several of us have said from the day he started popping off on twitter that it could lead to trouble, but I never in a million years thought someone would threaten him or his wife.  Whoever did it needs their ass whipped....well.

Justifiable Hogicide

You lost me at "Death threats aren't excusable....BUT".
There is no excuse for that, no time, never.
None of CBB or his wife's media exposure has invited any such a felonious criminal response.
Actually the vast majority of their media has been purposed for one goal...promoting the Razorbacks.

jkstock04

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on December 19, 2013, 01:39:02 pm
You lost me at "Death threats aren't excusable....BUT".
There is no excuse for that, no time, never.
None of CBB or his wife's media exposure has invited any such a felonious criminal response.
Actually the vast majority of their media has been purposed for one goal...promoting the Razorbacks.
I'm not making excuses.... I'm just saying welcome to the world we live in.

Don't put yourself and your family in that situation in the first place would be my advice.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Pigsknuckles

I have been hearing about the alleged controversial tweeting going on with coach and Jen all season. I have followed them both since August, and have yet to see anything approaching controversial, or out of line. I follow several players too, and have observed the same class demonstrated. Now, I admit to being leery of the social media vulnerabilities last summer, but I also have to admit I have yet to see anything that approaches misbehavior.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

trashcan maN

Isn't this the same site that did the anonymous coach previewing SEC teams?

Something about this site stinks.

trashcan maN

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 19, 2013, 01:43:42 pm
I'm not making excuses.... I'm just saying welcome to the world we live in.

Don't put yourself and your family in that situation in the first place would be my advice.
What situation did he put his family in to open himself up to death threats? Being on social media? Being a football coach?

nextlevel

Quote from: kj0N on December 19, 2013, 01:47:57 pm
What situation did he put his family in to open himself up to death threats? Being on social media? Being a football coach?

Losing football games.

CBB wasn't on twitter during the season much if at all. When he is on twitter he is doing nothing more than trying to promote the program.
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

LZH

Quote from: nextlevel on December 19, 2013, 01:49:47 pmWhen he is on twitter he is doing nothing more than trying to promote the program.

"Look in the mirror" and "Karma" is not promoting the program, fwiw.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on December 19, 2013, 01:46:50 pm

I have been hearing about the alleged controversial tweeting going on with coach and Jen all season. I have followed them both since August, and have yet to see anything approaching controversial, or out of line. I follow several players too, and have observed the same class demonstrated. Now, I admit to being leery of the social media vulnerabilities last summer, but I also have to admit I have yet to see anything that approaches misbehavior.

The only thing even close to controversial was the "#karma" tweet, but an excuse for death threats?  Not even close.  These guys haven't been controversial on twitter.  People just love making excuses and jump on any reason to attack CBB, facts be darned.

PorkRinds

Quote from: LedZepHog on December 19, 2013, 01:52:24 pm
"Look in the mirror" and "Karma" is not promoting the program, fwiw.

I never saw a "look in the mirror" tweet, but if saying one word can lead to death threats, I guess we're all deserving of them.

jkstock04

Quote from: kj0N on December 19, 2013, 01:47:57 pm
I would say him and his wife's participation on social media...and the stuff they were saying. As a public figure that sort of thing is going to open yourself up to the extremists...in my opinion.

It's like knowing the situation you are in or getting yourself into. Don't act surprised. If I go to a bar full of drunks...and someone talks smack to someone else and then it escalates into a fist fight I'm not gonna be surprised....and I chose to put myself in that situation by being present.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

LZH

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 19, 2013, 01:53:51 pm
I never saw a "look in the mirror" tweet, but if saying one word can lead to death threats, I guess we're all deserving of them.

He responded to some Wisconsin fans' insult.

nextlevel

I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

nextlevel

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 19, 2013, 01:52:59 pm
The only thing even close to controversial was the "#karma" tweet, but an excuse for death threats?  Not even close.  These guys haven't been controversial on twitter.  People just love making excuses and jump on any reason to attack CBB, facts be darned.

Reggie Fish received numerous death threats via email after his muffed fumble in the SEC CG, yet, public outcry was over an email asking another player on that team to transfer...

ell oh ell

LZH

Quote from: nextlevel on December 19, 2013, 01:57:28 pm
Bert tweeted that?

Yeah, someone called him a meathead or something like that.  That's when it hit me that he needs to stay off the iPhone/computer when he's drinking (which is my guess)......bad idea, especially when you're the head coach of an SEC team.

PorkRinds

Quote from: LedZepHog on December 19, 2013, 01:56:16 pm
He responded to some Wisconsin fans' insult.

So CBB responds to a fan with "look in the mirror" and jen says "karma" and now they have a social media problem?  Those two tweets have zero chance of resulting in a death threat.  I would assume, and the safe assumption to make would be, that either a pissed off Wisconsin fan or an insane Arkansas fan threatened his wife.  This has happened before social media and will happen forever, but let's not start blaming the victim.  That's like blaming a rape victim for "dressing like a slut". 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Hawgon on December 19, 2013, 01:47:53 pm
One thing I really liked about Petrino, is that the man was private.  He never said anything.

BB and this whole deal is more Nuttlike every single day.  After the first year we've got death threats on his family that he is moaning about.  Does he have any horses or flowers.  What is next?

In all seriousness, why bring this up?  Every public figure nowadays is so far out there and the ways of communicating are so many and so varied, it is just a fact of life for anyone in the public.

Petrino was private.  We had no idea he was doing such a Nuttlike thing as texting his young girlfriend on the day of the Vandy game in 2011 which almost ended in an embarrassing loss.  We played like we were unprepared during that stretch with the narrow comeback wins over lesser teams.  I doubt it was a coincidence that this was when Bobby was in the middle of his affair.  I really liked the fact he had his priorities so straight during that time.  It was great seeing the beatdown by Bama.  I'm sure Jessica made him feel better about it.  I really enjoyed sitting in Vandy's stadium watching that embarrassment. 

As far as the Bielemas, I hate twitter and find it stupid although I'm sure some think message board posting is as well.  It should not open them up to death threats and it is disgusting seeing you opportunists excusing the threats. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

LZH

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 19, 2013, 02:00:08 pm
So CBB responds to a fan with "look in the mirror" and jen says "karma" and now they have a social media problem?  Those two tweets have zero chance of resulting in a death threat.  I would assume, and the safe assumption to make would be, that either a pissed off Wisconsin fan or an insane Arkansas fan threatened his wife.  This has happened before social media and will happen forever, but let's not start blaming the victim.  That's like blaming a rape victim for "dressing like a slut". 

I didn't say they had a social media problem, that was someone else.  But he does need to quit mixing it up with these morons who poke him just to get a response.  To his credit, he hasn't done it in a long time, that I'm aware of.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: Hawgon on December 19, 2013, 01:47:53 pm
One thing I really liked about Petrino, is that the man was private.  He never said anything.

He should had been a little more private and used a car instead of a motorcycle when he was out with his blonde. He may still he here is that was the case.

jkstock04

This is a fair point and makes sense to me. I guess it's just however one chooses to view something.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

josh_sec33

Quote from: nextlevel on December 19, 2013, 01:58:33 pm
Reggie Fish received numerous death threats via email after his muffed fumble in the SEC CG, yet, public outcry was over an email asking another player on that team to transfer...

the death threats also weren't forwarded around by assistant coaches and their wifes with the tag 'funny' either.

both should have been addressed in hindsight.
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Hawgon

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on December 19, 2013, 02:02:25 pm
He should had been a little more private and used a car instead of a motorcycle when he was out with his blonde. He may still he here is that was the case.

He was so private he thought he was invisible.

mhuff

Menaces need to be taken off the street. Surely the FBI can do something. I watch NCIS ,and they do it everyday.

immahog

Quote from: mhuff on December 19, 2013, 02:13:00 pm
Menaces need to be taken off the street. Surely the FBI can do something. I watch NCIS ,and they do it everyday.

lol
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

mhuff

+1 However, there are a bunch of crazies in this world. If one does not take notice; one does not love his family enough. Do you not watch your back when you are in the Walmart parking lot?

" Just because you think you're paranoid doesn't mean someone is not out to get you."

ricepig

Quote from: mhuff on December 19, 2013, 02:13:00 pm

Put Abby and McGee on it, we'd know in hours who made the threats.

Kevin

anybody thinks a death threat is acceptable, needs to check themselves.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Marshfieldhog

Pretty sure those were Wisconsin fans...our fans instead egg players cars. It's been a rough 2 years, I guess it is what it is. Would help if CBB and his wife would stay off twitter or be responsible. Perhaps they should turn in the death threats and get someone hooked up.

zxbeer

Some of these people need to realize its just a game. Can't believe someone would take it as far as death threats,It's just a GAME!!!!!
UA Class of 90

LZH

Quote from: zxbeer on December 19, 2013, 02:37:59 pm
Some of these people need to realize its just a game. Can't believe someone would take it as far as death threats,It's just a GAME!!!!!

In Alabama, you could literally get shot for saying that.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on December 19, 2013, 02:35:31 pm
Pretty sure those were Wisconsin fans...our fans instead egg players cars. It's been a rough 2 years, I guess it is what it is. Would help if CBB and his wife would stay off twitter or be responsible. Perhaps they should turn in the death threats and get someone hooked up.

Most every major collegiate head coach in the BCS conferences have twitters and it's a huge recruiting tool.  CBB not being on twitter would hurt our recruiting.  He and Jen have been as responsible as they could have about their tweets.  People point two ONE incident from Jen and ONE incident from CBB, both really not a big deal, and point to that is them having social media issues.  How are the irresponsible?

LZH

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 19, 2013, 02:39:00 pm
People point two ONE incident from Jen and ONE incident from CBB, both really not a big deal, and point to that is them having social media issues.  Anyone who believes that has real issues.

Not a big deal, huh?  Well, if my son had offers from BB, Saban, Sumlin, and Miles, I would absolutely point out to him that three of those head coaches act like grown-ass men.  Some of you might think being a punk is cute, but I guess I'm from a different neck of the woods.

mhuff

Quote from: ricepig on December 19, 2013, 02:23:19 pm
Put Abby and McGee on it, we'd know in hours who made the threats.

Well imho unless it is a continued show, they would do it in less than an hour. Let's see a crystal ball on that.

trashcan maN

Quote from: LedZepHog on December 19, 2013, 02:43:22 pm
Some of you might think being a punk is cute,

Some of us don't think saying "Look in the mirror" to a heckler is being a punk.

PorkSoda

get used to it.  social media is part of the world we live in.  ignoring it isn't going to give us an advantage.  I for one am glad the coaches aren't afraid to get with the times.  even if they do say stupid stuff sometimes.  you take the good with the bad.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Hoggie17

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on December 19, 2013, 02:35:31 pm

Bielema also addressed his wife's role in the Razorbacks' season. Jen Bielema came under fire early in the year after she tweeted "#karma" following Wisconsin's loss to Arizona State. Fans responded by sending Jen Bielema death threats.

LZH

Quote from: kj0N on December 19, 2013, 02:53:17 pm
Some of us don't think saying "Look in the mirror" to a heckler is being a punk.

Apparently not.  BB is about my age, and I'm pretty loosey-goosey considering my dad was a WWII sailor and as old school as they come.  But I would never think about getting into an online pissing match if I were the head coach of a maor D1 program.

Every time I think about that, this guy comes to mind...........

Biggus Piggus

You people who say "stay off social media" act as though it's just a passing fad.
[CENSORED]!

arkbadger

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 19, 2013, 02:06:39 pm
Shame on So called fans who post crap like that.

let's not forget that it is a two way
Quote from: LedZepHog on December 19, 2013, 02:43:22 pm
Not a big deal, huh?  Well, if my son had offers from BB, Saban, Sumlin, and Miles, I would absolutely point out to him that three of those head coaches act like grown-ass men.  Some of you might think being a punk is cute, but I guess I'm from a different neck of the woods.

clearly you aren't all that familiar with Les Miles
You can keep that skoal baby.

LZH

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on December 19, 2013, 03:11:29 pm
You people who say "stay off social media" act as though it's just a passing fad.

I'd say social media is great, just stay off of it when you're drinking.  Which, imo, is probably what he was doing when he posted those things.  Because, in interviews and such, he sounds like a smart and well-organized dude....waaaay above taking to twitter and trading insults with some idiot looking for a little notoriety.

LZH