Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is it just me...

Started by 010HogFan, March 14, 2018, 03:41:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on March 19, 2018, 05:51:36 am
Actually that title belongs to Danny Ford. Despite having won the West while recording a 8-5 record one season while he was here, he had a worse W-L record the other 4 years he was here. He went 4-7 three times and 5-5-1 one year. That one year was later upgraded to 6-4-1 because Alabama had to forfeit their victory over Arkansas due to the use of an ineligible player. So over his 5 years here he had a true W-L record of 25-31-1 (.447). Bielema does run a close second at 29-34 (.460).

Meh. We'll see.

Danny never went winless in conference play. We should have went winless twice under Bielema, if it weren't for, and I hate using this word, EPIC meltdown by Ole Miss.

Also, I don't know if Bret left as many studs in the cupboard as Ford did. That may very well be the difference in how both are regarded at Arkansas.
This is my non-signature signature.

okrazorback

Quote from: DLUXHOG on March 18, 2018, 09:52:13 pm
I see you're forgetting John L, Houston, etc..

I was glad to see Houston gone too, but he was a lot better than anyone we have had since except for Petrino who Long fired. How did that work out?

jkstock04

Quote from: Hawgphat on March 18, 2018, 04:21:02 pm
I don't drink - as a personal choice.  I have no criticism of those who do, - - as long as they don't allow alcohol to take control of their motor functions and their attitudes to the detriment of others.  When I tasted beer for the first time - at age 20, while in the Army - I immediately thought that it was the most horrible-tasting, panther pi** derivative, gosh-awful brew it had ever been my misfortune to taste.  Those in my company at the time all said "You'll get used to the taste and grow to like it eventually". - - - - - - - ???????????  - - - - - Why in the world anyone would want to "get used to" such a foul-tasting concoction is beyond me.  I never took another sip of beer,- - seeing absolutely no point in managing to "get used to it".  But that's just me.  I'm not judging anyone else.
What does any of this have to do with Red Bull?
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

RME

bennyl08

Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

presidenthog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on March 19, 2018, 05:51:36 am
Actually that title belongs to Danny Ford. Despite having won the West while recording a 8-5 record one season while he was here, he had a worse W-L record the other 4 years he was here. He went 4-7 three times and 5-5-1 one year. That one year was later upgraded to 6-4-1 because Alabama had to forfeit their victory over Arkansas due to the use of an ineligible player. So over his 5 years here he had a true W-L record of 25-31-1 (.447). Bielema does run a close second at 29-34 (.460).

Bert and Ford actually have a ton of parallels

Hawgphat

March 19, 2018, 08:52:13 pm #56 Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 12:41:22 am by Hawgphat
Quote from: jkstock04 on March 19, 2018, 05:50:56 pm
What does any of this have to do with Red Bull?

I was replying to LZH's comment in post #38 of page 1 in regard to "taste".  In quoting his post, I merely added my own observation about differing "tastes".  I've never tasted Red Bull, so I don't have an opinion to register about that beverage; - - but I did taste beer once, many years ago, - - - and that one time was enough for me.  My reply addressed the issue of "foul tastes" alluded to by LZH.  For me, beer comes under that heading.