Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jeff Long's Legacy

Started by hassettsportsman, September 27, 2017, 08:32:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

women's golf currently #1 in the nation
men's golf currently top 20 in the nation
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

RME

Quote from: Kevin on October 05, 2017, 08:37:36 am

Golf is very healthy.
Men's basketball went to SEC Championship game.
Women's soccer last year went deep into NCAA tournament.
Track and cross country are still the track and cross country we know and love from Arkansas.
Men's baseball went to SEC Championship game.

Choosing to remain ignorant and bitch is easy, though.

Kevin

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 05, 2017, 08:45:17 am
Golf is very healthy.
Men's basketball went to SEC Championship game.
Women's soccer last year went deep into NCAA tournament.
Track and cross country are still the track and cross country we know and love from Arkansas.
Men's baseball went to SEC Championship game.

Choosing to remain ignorant and bitch is easy, though.

how many of these programs did he hire the coach?
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

RME

Quote from: Kevin on October 05, 2017, 08:52:30 am

A very quick and hasty glance looks like he hired men's basketball, women's soccer, and on the cusp of hiring men's track/cross country, not sure who finalized that one. Someone can fact-check me on those though.

LZH

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 04, 2017, 09:00:23 am
I never said the athletic department was a mess. But these same types who bought 10 of the B.MFP t-shirts and now claim he was an awful coach...the homer types, media as well...watch the 180 they do the moment Jeff Long is gone.

100% correct.

gchamblee

Quote from: Kevin on October 05, 2017, 08:52:30 am

This is ridiculous. If he were a pilot that got you safely from point A to point B, would you refuse to give him credit because he didnt build the plane? Why would he replace coaches that don't need to be replaced?

RME

Quote from: gchamblee on October 05, 2017, 09:32:35 am
This is ridiculous. If he were a pilot that got you safely from point A to point B, would you refuse to give him credit because he didnt build the plane? Why would he replace coaches that don't need to be replaced?

Exactly the train of thought I was on. But I was gonna give Kevin the benefit of the doubt, hoping he was legitimately wondering how many of those coaches Long hired, hah.

gchamblee

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 05, 2017, 09:34:53 am
Exactly the train of thought I was on. But I was gonna give Kevin the benefit of the doubt, hoping he was legitimately wondering how many of those coaches Long hired, hah.

Some of these posters sound like they are just using their parents Hogville account to make noise at the adults table during thanksgiving.

Tusks

Some of you must get paid by the word to love you some JL.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

RME

Quote from: tusked on October 05, 2017, 09:53:19 am

Nah, some of us just have the mental capacity to analyze someone's performance beyond fuhball.

Jek Tono Porkins

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 04, 2017, 09:17:16 am
Never knew this board was full of clairvoyants.

What is Long really, then?
He spends his evenings in a cemetery performing forbidden Yankee rituals while wearing his ancestor's Union blue Civil War uniform. Word on the street is the ritual involves mixing snow with unsweet tea and unseasoned grits and pouring the mixture over the graves of dead Confederate soldiers.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

RME

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on October 05, 2017, 11:10:21 am
He spends his evenings in a cemetery performing forbidden Yankee rituals while wearing his ancestor's Union blue Civil War uniform. Word on the street is the ritual involves mixing snow with unsweet tea and unseasoned grits and pouring the mixture over the graves of dead Confederate soldiers.

+1. That's poetic.

Gotta add one element: Don't forget, he sips Pepsi out of a champagne glass while doing all of that.

The_Iceman

Quote from: tusked on October 05, 2017, 09:53:19 am

This may be a challenge for you, but can you right an intelligent, fact-based post, on why you hate Jeff Long?

Tusks

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 05, 2017, 11:23:04 am
This may be a challenge for you, but can you right an intelligent, fact-based post, on why you hate Jeff Long?

Check my post history.  I got tired of no rebuttals.

Kevin

since you guys want to start with the insults, I already knew the answer to the question. my years on hogville have proven most on here don't know we have other programs. I just wanted to see if you guys would do some research.

it speaks to the fact that the programs he has not had to make the most important decision , who runs it, are doing just fine. I question is hiring ability way beyond football.

his first hire in softball, was atrocious. he may have fixed it with his 2nd. we will see if they keep improving. the made the ncaa's last year.
the jimmy dykes hire, REALLY.  again, he may have fixed it on his 2nd attempt. he went out and got a proven winner, who happens to be from Arkansas, not that, it matters to me
volleyball, to be determined, their coach took over a real dumpster fire. lots of freshman playing this year, with possibly the best player in hog history pilar.
Track, it ended up being the right guy. he got bashed for the hire, the coach has us back to where they belong.
men's basketball-was an easy on for him, mike wanted it, and the fans wanted him. 2 tournaments in 6 years, is not great. hopefully, he will go back to back after this season.
football-has been well documented on here. it has not been his finest performance.

everyone wants to talk about the money he raises. A big time booster once told my dad, anyone can raise money for the university of Arkansas as athletic director.  plus, with the $40 million they get each year from the sec.

his greatest accomplishments in my book is the facility improvement.

I think he snubs his nose at the common fan. he is a camera hog. he loves self promoting. and his statement of not winning at all cost, was the last straw with me. I don't want to cheat (at the level others cheat), and I don't want a bunch of criminals wearing our uniform, but if they are going to spent the money, and constantly ask for more money, then our leader should be saying, we want all of our programs to be in the position to win titles, but we are going to do it in a professional, and abide by the rules way.

jcbville

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on October 05, 2017, 11:10:21 am

+1

Haha

hogcard1964

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 05, 2017, 10:04:21 am
Nah, some of us just have the mental capacity to analyze someone's performance beyond fuhball.

...and what are his successes outside of football?

gchamblee

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 05, 2017, 01:33:48 pm

Im more interested in seeing if someone has the energy to answer your question an 84th time.

hogcard1964

Quote from: gchamblee on October 05, 2017, 01:37:32 pm
Im more interested in seeing if someone has the energy to answer your question an 84th time.

That's the first time I've asked that kid.

hawgon

My doctor is a pretty crappy doctor all in all, but he built a really nice building for his practice and his staff is really polite.  So, all that said, it doesn't bother me that he prescribed the wrong medication to me that would have killed me had I continued to take it.  I'm smart enough to evaluate his successes outside of medicine.

gchamblee

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 05, 2017, 01:38:39 pm

You have seen it answered 100 times. You think if the question keeps being asked, those that answer will grow tired of answering and you can eventually use the lack of an answer as proof of something. Your troll is weak. You don't even mask it in clever responses.

The kid

RME

Keeping hopeless people like you around to bitch about everything he does.

gchamblee

Quote from: hawgon on October 05, 2017, 01:39:20 pm
My doctor is a pretty crappy doctor all in all, but he built a really nice building for his practice and his staff is really polite.  So, all that said, it doesn't bother me that he prescribed the wrong medication to me that would have killed me had I continued to take it.  I'm smart enough to evaluate his successes outside of medicine.

RME

Wasn't aware a college football coach or athletic director had a direct hand in potentially killing you.

Huh.

P.S. Our football program isn't dead. It's about where it's always been.

RME

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 05, 2017, 01:38:39 pm

http://www.businessinsider.com/schools-most-revenue-college-sports-2016-10/#16-arkansas--1142-million-10

Though written in 2016, U of A has increased the athletic department's revenue by 46.2% over the last five years, which is about 5th highest in the country over that span.

I'd consider that pretty successful for an athletic director whose job encompasses, ya know, more than just HAWG FUHBALL.

Now go ahead and respond with some unoriginal, feeble, and weak attempt at a spin before I put you on ignore so my timeline is no longer cluttered with your utterly sophomoric posts.

riccoar

Well, he is the Athletic Director of the largest university in Arkansas.

...and what are your successes outside of trolling Hogville?

hogcard1964

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 05, 2017, 01:43:12 pm
Keeping hopeless people like you around to bitch about everything he does.

Other than his many hiring snafus, what do you think I've "bitched about" in regards to Long?

hogcard1964

He has "good character" and he "graduated".   ;)

hogsanity

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 05, 2017, 01:51:20 pm
http://www.businessinsider.com/schools-most-revenue-college-sports-2016-10/#16-arkansas--1142-million-10

Though written in 2016, U of A has increased the athletic department's revenue by 46.2% over the last five years, which is about 5th highest in the country over that span.

I'd consider that pretty successful for an athletic director whose job encompasses, ya know, more than just HAWG FUHBALL.

Now go ahead and respond with some unoriginal, feeble, and weak attempt at a spin before I put you on ignore so my timeline is no longer cluttered with your utterly sophomoric posts.

I have 2 people on my ignore list and he is one of them. My time here has been much more enjoyable since I put him there.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

PearlHarbor

Where all the lawsuits?
It was Jeff Longs' best interest to fire petrino, and the worst thing that ever happened to the ua.
That decision will cost near 200 mil if you figure we already missed one stadium upgrade, and now we may not be able to pay for this one.

PearlHarbor

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 05, 2017, 01:51:20 pm

Football pays for everything else. Mess that up, and every program is affected.

Deep Shoat

That is an absolutely stupid analogy.  The success of the Hogs has no bearing on your health, unless you are a moron. 
All Gas, No Brakes!

RME

Quote from: PearlHarbor on October 05, 2017, 02:48:57 pm
Football pays for everything else. Mess that up, and every program is affected.

Mess that up? Did you not see where I said how much the athletic department's revenue has increased over the last 5 years?

When has our football program been in more shambles than the 5 years prior to 2016, when the article was written?

Despite those years, Long was still able to increase the department's revenue by 46.2%. Call me crazy, but that's pretty damn good.

hawgon

Quote from: Deep Shoat on October 05, 2017, 02:51:22 pm
That is an absolutely stupid analogy.  The success of the Hogs has no bearing on your health, unless you are a moron.

So, judging someone by the standards of the job for which they are retained, instead of outside extraneous accomplishments only counts if your health is at stake?  Got it. 

RME

Quote from: hawgon on October 05, 2017, 02:53:02 pm
So, judging someone by the standards of the job for which they are retained, instead of outside extraneous accomplishments only counts if your health is at stake?  Got it.

Your argument is crumbling before your very eyes, by no one's fault but your own.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: hawgon on October 05, 2017, 02:53:02 pm
The job of the AD is NOT to win football games.

Even hiring coaches is only a small percentage of the job.

Fund raising, effective management of resources, NCAA compliance, public relations...  So many things that are far more important to those who make decisions on hiring and firing of ADs.

All Gas, No Brakes!

hassettsportsman

Jeff, the Hog storm surge is coming!  Can you feel it?  It's time to pack up your Chateau de Fancy Pants wine and imported cheese and move on!  Coach B can buy your 1st class ticket!

Team21

Quote from: Kevin on October 05, 2017, 08:37:36 am

May be true, bit what pays for these programs? Actually, what pays for EVERYTHING? Men's Basketball...? Baseball...? Women's Basketball...? Volleyball...? Gymnastics...? Soccer...? Golf, either men's or women's...? Track, either men's or women's?

Would this board exist if ONLY for those NON-FOOTBALL sports? Guess what.... it's the same no matter where you go... with MAYBE the exception of Kentucky, Duke & North Carolina... possibly Kansas. But I would bet all publicly funded Universities programs need a good football program to be healthy & not put a drain on the Universities they represent.

Bottom line, Football PAYS the bills for ALL sports. Without Football, would the rest of our programs even exist?
Avoid the rush... HATE TEXASS EARLY!

hassettsportsman

Title IX was a remarkable achievement for women and for individual sports.  But yes, the SEC trough fuels everything.  Jeff...2 questions for you?  1) Do you still have total confidence in Coach B?  2)  If you say yes, do you think your bosses(the PTB or Trustees) have total confidence in you? 

Tusks

Can some of the Long leg humpers bit me.

hassettsportsman

I suspect the Chateau de Fancy Pants wine and imported cheese doesn't taste quite the same today!