Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spring Game on SEC Network

Started by parallaxpig, April 29, 2017, 07:27:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: LZH on April 30, 2017, 09:01:14 am
He actually had two....in a row.  Bad ones, too - which is a reason why I keep harping about our actual talent level on the OL (offensively, anyway).  I understand he's big and strong, but he really whiffed on those plays.  No offense to the kid, however, if that is one of our best five, are we still in trouble?  And moreover, by year five, shouldn't we be deeper by now?  I thought we were loaded with 4 star talent on the OL.

I'm more interested in what his, or any other OL's grade is for the day/game. Our DL goes against some other All-SEC player and you don't read on here that their guy was trash, just how well ours did. Truthfully, I didn't watch it that close, I did see the time he got beat by a quick "swim" move, or whatever it was. I did notice several of the 2nd team OL getting beat by the ones, is that good or bad?

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: 12247 on April 30, 2017, 09:43:01 am
This is not the thread for you rich folks to brag about going to Six Flags in your younger years.  You should be more sensitive about us folks who could only dream about such a fabulous outing.

How about Delta Village in Tallulah? Too steep?
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on April 30, 2017, 09:54:14 am
Dementia

Don't know about his sarcasm level, but a gallon of gas in the mid-70's was waaay less than a dollar, a good double-bed hotel (or motel, in those days) was about $25, you could carry a two dollar bill into McDonald's and make yourself sick, and a ticket to Six Flags couldn't have been over $8.00.  Not that big of a $$$ swing from South Arkansas.

ricepig

Quote from: LZH on April 30, 2017, 10:01:23 am
Don't know about his sarcasm level, but a gallon of gas in the mid-70's was waaay less than a dollar, a good double-bed hotel (or motel, in those days) was about $25, you could carry a two dollar bill into McDonald's and make yourself sick, and a ticket to Six Flags couldn't have been over $8.00.  Not that big of a $$$ swing from South Arkansas.

Yeah, I know they were cheap vacations because my parents took my older sister and me to about all of them, you can throw in Astro World too, haha.

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on April 30, 2017, 09:58:46 am
I'm more interested in what his, or any other OL's grade is for the day/game. Our DL goes against some other All-SEC player and you don't read on here that their guy was trash, just how well ours did. Truthfully, I didn't watch it that close, I did see the time he got beat by a quick "swim" move, or whatever it was. I did notice several of the 2nd team OL getting beat by the ones, is that good or bad?

I wondered if he just didn't really know what he was supposed to do.  MHF is right, it was just a couple of plays....but it did stand out.  And I'm not knocking the kid, never have and never will.  Just got my attention.

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on April 30, 2017, 09:59:29 am
How about Delta Village in Tallulah? Too steep?

Nice.....or how 'bout Dogpatch?.....LibertyLand?

Add:  Astro World!

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: LZH on April 30, 2017, 10:05:28 am
Nice.....or how 'bout Dogpatch?.....LibertyLand?

Drove by what remains of Dogpatch a few years ago. Sad.

LZH

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on April 30, 2017, 10:08:30 am

What is it now?

Hawgar The Horrible

factchecker

Here is a pretty cool website that shows it's current condition:

http://www.abandonedar.com/dogpatch-usa/

It has some older pictures as well:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Birminghog

Quote from: factchecker on April 30, 2017, 10:16:34 am
Here is a pretty cool website that shows it's current condition:

http://www.abandonedar.com/dogpatch-usa/

It has some older pictures as well:

The whole Dogpatch idea was an embarrassment to begin with. Somebody looking to exploit the reputation of Arkansans / Ozarks residents as ignorant hillbillies and, in the process, reinforce a stereotype that was counterfactual and counterproductive to the progress of a state whose citizenry is intelligent, hardworking and generous. Why we in the South and Southeast continue to allow this perpetuation of inaccurate stereotypes has always been a head scratcher. Sometimes "economic development" does more overall harm than good.

factchecker

Quote from: Birminghog on April 30, 2017, 10:30:52 am
The whole Dogpatch idea was an embarrassment to begin with. Somebody looking to exploit the reputation of Arkansans / Ozarks residents as ignorant hillbillies and, in the process, reinforce a stereotype that was counterfactual and counterproductive to the progress of a state whose citizenry is intelligent, hardworking and generous. Why we in the South and Southeast continue to allow this perpetuation of inaccurate stereotypes has always been a head scratcher. Sometimes "economic development" does more overall harm than good.

Wasn't it based on a comic strip?

Edit:  It was based on Li'l Abner.  Silver Dollar City has a lot of hokey stuff too but I think it's harmless.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

LZH

PorkRinds

Well to be fair, plenty of Arkansas residents are ignorant hillbillies.

Hawgar The Horrible

Nope. It's called heritage and a harmless one at that. Anyone having a problem with it is not stereotyping. They are practicing bigotry.

ricepig

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 30, 2017, 10:55:41 am
Well to be fair, plenty of Arkansas residents are ignorant hillbillies.

Yeah, just drive across rural Arkansas, or for that matter, your local WM.

GuvHog

Quote from: factchecker on April 30, 2017, 10:32:40 am
Wasn't it based on a comic strip?

Edit:  It was based on Li'l Abner.  Silver Dollar City has a lot of hokey stuff too but I think it's harmless.

Yep, it had nothing to do with the culture of the State of Arkansas.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Pig in the Pokey

yep. and it was the worst 'amusement park' ever. when i was a little boy, i actually cried when they took me there. i wanted to "at LEAST go to Branson, Mama!"
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

azhog10

Quote from: Deep Shoat on April 30, 2017, 05:58:40 am
Froholdt had, exactly, one play where he blew it.  He knew it, and the camera followed him around to show how much he knew it.  He didn't "look bad". 
Good grief, what a drama queen.  You have no earthly idea how the D actually looked because there was NO TACKLING!  On about 90% of the plays, they were all around the ball.  Would they have made the play?  I don't know.  But they were in good position to when the play was blown dead.
He had more than one. Two in a row and one other I saw in one of the red zone periods. I know CBB loves Froholdt but I'm just not seeing it.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: RebelW on April 29, 2017, 01:38:31 pm
Dejon Harris is going to be a STUD!
Been trying to tell everybody this for months. ;D

hawginbigd1

PorkRinds

Quote from: azhog10 on April 30, 2017, 01:36:46 pm
He had more than one. Two in a row and one other I saw in one of the red zone periods. I know CBB loves Froholdt but I'm just not seeing it.

Yeah those three plays in practice sure showed you all you need to know about froholdt.

ricepig

hawginbigd1

Quote from: ricepig on April 30, 2017, 02:26:36 pm
Neither, Brady was.
You and your facts, get out of here with that, this is the age of Trumpian alternate facts, I say Flowers was the MVP so it is true. Everybody now has license to JMSU! ;D

ricepig

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on April 30, 2017, 03:09:18 pm
You and your facts, get out of here with that, this is the age of Trumpian alternate facts, I say Flowers was the MVP so it is true. Everybody now has license to JMSU! ;D

Well, he was the MVP  through Razorback colored glasses.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on April 30, 2017, 10:03:03 am
Yeah, I know they were cheap vacations because my parents took my older sister and me to about all of them, you can throw in Astro World too, haha.

We went on a summer vacation every year when I was a kid, and every one was a Griswold-style driving vacation.  We stayed in cheap, fleabag motels (not hotels) but for some reason when we opened the door to the run down old place my sister and I would always go "Wow!", like we were in tall cotton.  Ate at a lot of Stuckeys and Big Boys on those trips.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 30, 2017, 03:21:11 pm
We went on a summer vacation every year when I was a kid, and every one was a Griswold-style driving vacation.  We stayed in cheap, fleabag motels (not hotels) but for some reason when we opened the door to the run down old place my sister and I would always go "Wow!", like we were in tall cotton.  Ate at a lot of Stuckeys and Big Boys on those trips.

Well, we'd stay at Holiday Inns, but they were all motels. I think we got a discount from a guy in our home town that owned a few. Our first move was to always hit the pool, chlorine and all.

Michael_E_Davis

There is a documentary coming out sometime this year about Dogpatch, and a guy that is trying to revive it.  I am a documentary freak, and I remember Dogpatch from my childhood,  so I am excited about it.  below is the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S9Bko9gv4U

"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

LZH

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 30, 2017, 03:21:11 pm

Wasn't Big Boy's called Sambo's at one time?