Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dallas area Hog fans - come to the GDRC Watch Party for W. Carolina

Started by WizardofhOgZ, August 25, 2023, 03:13:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WizardofhOgZ

This will be the 3rd season for the Greater Dallas Razorback Club to have Watch Parties at the Buffalo Wild Wings in Carrollton.  We had crowds ranging from 10 to more than 25 people show up for games last season.   

Please join us this season at the same location.  This Buffalo Wild Wings is on the border of Carrollton and Plano. The address is 3320 E HEBRON PKWY., CARROLLTON, TX 75010. It is located on the SW corner of Midway and Hebron; just west of that intersection, on the left as you are heading West on Hebron. This is the place where Park Road turns into Hebron. There is a small collection of mostly restaurants in that corner, and BWW is kind of in the middle of that group.

For the first game (W. Carolina) we WILL have the game at BWW.  However, since it is streamed (and not on a normal TV channel), we will just have one screen (we will stream from a laptop).  We have done this for streamed games each of the prior 2 seasons (Rice in 2021, Mo. State last year) and it works fine. The Manager has agreed to give us one of the largest screens for this game. Going forward, the rest of the games should be on Regular channels, and so we will be able to get multiple screens for them.

As always at BWW, seating is first come, first served. With this being the opening weekend...and other big games on the schedule at the same time, it may start to fill up early...Bottom line, if you arrive at kickoff there may or may not be "good seating" left. So that part is up to you.

Hope to see several of you there!

pingeye2

Thanks for this. My son lives in Coppell.  I'll let him know. I sure he will be interested!

tophawg19

i'm surprised with how huge the Dallas Ft. Worth fan base is that you don't have 100's
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: tophawg19 on August 25, 2023, 06:51:36 pmi'm surprised with how huge the Dallas Ft. Worth fan base is that you don't have 100's

We used to have very large crowds back in the days when not every game was telecast, and some of those that were could not easily be received in DFW (Jefferson Pilot, espn2 before everyone had that, Pay per view, etc.).  I remember when we played at Kentucky (basketball) in 1994, we were able to get access to the private dining area inside the old Texas Stadium (where the Dallas Cowboys played) and we probably had 200 there for that.

But today, every game is broadcast - most of them on readily available platforms such as ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, CBS, SEC Network.  At this time, one football game a year is streamed - a non-conference game.  And that can easily be cast to a big screen at home (Chromecast, Roku, Firestick, et al)  So, the need to go somewhere outside your own living room to watch the game is gone.

That said, we do have a loyal core of fans that gather regularly (when they are not at the games themselves), and it is fun to have 15-30 folks cheering the scores and calling the Hogs after a win.

Almost every game, someone visiting a friend or family member in Dallas/Plano swings by and joins us.  We enjoy that fellowship and encourage anyone to do so.  Just be ready to call the Hogs with us.

porknbeans

Greater Dallas Razorback Club (GDRC) watch party updates posted on https://hogfan.com/ and our Facebook page.
Never wrestle with a Hog - you get dirty and the Hog likes it

WizardofhOgZ

WizardofhOgZ