Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When does fishing "Season" up for you?

Started by 1highhog, January 09, 2010, 04:11:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

1highhog

When does it start for you guys?  Have you already went out and looked over your boats, cleaned out your tackle boxes, cleaned up your rods?

pick_DA_EAGLES

later on this month or early next month the first decent weekend will be the annual YO-YO fishing weekend.

philobeddoe

Road_Hog

I usually get tired of bothering around Thanksgiving or in early December.  I usually get the itch again in February.  I may not make it out until March, it just depends on what's going on. 

I bought some new gear and have already began thinking about the spring. 

Porkys Revenge

Just as soon as I can hang a yoyo without the line freezing.

hogdiggity

I start getting really excited about fishing with the water temp hits 50 in mid day.

HuntinHog

I try and do a little fishing during duck season, but fishing "season" officially starts once I quit going to duck camp every weekend. 

In 2009 it was mid-April before I went a weekend without catching a fish, I'm hoping to beat that this year.

pipehog

I'm getting the boat ready.It's about time to start chasing white bass and walleye

kristiandbilly

I'm with you Phil never stops here either, as a matter of fact wife and I are going tomorrow after church.
Never closes for me.
[/quote]

DeltaBoy

Mid Nov till March is my fishing down time.  Raid the sales at Academy for any things needed in late summer (August)
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

RazorBassin

Fish year round here.  Love to fish in the winter!  There are a lot fewer boats on the water.  Not to mention the Hawgs bite better.  Also, trout fishing in the winter is pretty fun.

razorbackfan4life

I'm hoping for a warm..  heavy rain free spring. 

I went out on Beaver yesterday and the water temperature was 42.5 at it's warmest.  We caught one fish in 3 hours but it was a 5.5 lb black on a lucky craft jerkbait. 

If the weather continues to get warmer expect the river fishing to pick up.  Get your crankbaits/jerkbaits/jigs/lizards ready to roll.

RazorbackRon

Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.