Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Getting in the mood to fish, post some fish pics

Started by 195bc, January 06, 2009, 06:43:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

195bc

Some of the threads going today really got me in the fishing mood. I guess it happens about this time every year. A few more deer, duck and hog hunting trips, and then I'll be thinking about bass.
So a little while ago I was browsing through some photos from the past few years, making me want to get out on the water even more. Just though I'd post a few for the heck of it.

California Delta between Oakland and Sacramento - awesome place, with giant fish. If you look really close, all those dots in the sky are ducks (thousands). This was in March, 2007.

Typical view in the Florida Everglades - hundreds of thousands of acres look just like this. Lot of fish, some big ones - best quality of any Florida fishery. This was mid-February 2007.

Same day in the Everglades. This is just one of the canals. Not a huge fish, but the biggest that day.

Same trip as the Everglades, this is on the infield lake at Miami/Homestead Motor Speedway. Pretty good pond. That is my first peacock bass.

El Salto, three years ago, first week of January. Been there twice, still ticked off that I never caught anything over 7 lbs, but still great trips.

On the last trip to El Salto, we also went to Comedero for two days. This is a outdoor writer buddy that went with me. That fish weighed 9-14.

Clear Lake, Calif., March 2007. Probably my favorite largemouth lake.

195bc

January 06, 2009, 06:52:35 pm #1 Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 06:54:18 pm by 195bc
Here are few more. I forgot I had half of these on my computer:

Lake Erie, May three years ago I think:

Kentucky Lake a few years ago. I have no idea what this thing is. I guess a carp of some kind. But it hit a jig like a train.

Lake Meredith, Texas Panhandle. This walleye tasted good. This was last week of November two years ago.

Just a pretty smallie caught on Kentucky Lake a three or four years ago in March.

Nice bass from Kentucky Lake two springs ago. Won me big bass for that evening tournament.

West Palm Beach, about five years ago (and 15 lbs lighter off the gut).

Lake Champlain, on the New York-Canada border. Not a big smallie, but it's an awesome lake:

I guess that's enough for now. I'm ready to hit the water, if you can't tell.

Boarslab

You fish one of the tours?  You look to be sponsored by Ranger.

195bc

No, at that time, I was editor of a fishing magazine. So I was lucky enough to travel around and fish all these places. We were indirectly associated with Ranger, and I was given a Ranger boat, so I wore their logo all the time.

philobeddoe

30 lb. Redfish

Me trying to hold on to that 30 lb. Redfish

Lake Fork Chunk

One more Lake fork Chunk

195bc

Nice fish philo, especially that red. I've only fished for redfish a few times, but I could really get into it if I didn't live 8 hours from the brine.

SultanofSwine

SultanofSwine

ConwayHog

195bc

Quote from: SultanofSwine on January 07, 2009, 11:35:10 am
Later that morning...

Very nice. Where was that? Hard to beat a good day on the bluegills.
My father-in-law has some property in eastern OK, and it used to have a 1-mile-long strip pit (they re-mined coal, so it's gone). Great bass fishing, but excellent panfish. I never filled the boat like that, but we had some good days.

195bc

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on January 07, 2009, 11:42:34 am
If I only knew how to post pics...

If you have some that you want to post, just email them to me and I'll get them on the board. I'll PM you my email.

philobeddoe

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on January 07, 2009, 11:42:34 am
If I only knew how to post pics...

Yall ever get that strange sensation that someones pulling your chain?

SultanofSwine

195, that was in an oxbow just off the AR river in SE Ark. That was the count up to be sure we werent over the limit. We were 13 short and finished up about 15 minutes later. Me and a buddy and his son who was 9 at the time. It was a heck of a fun morning. The day before we had caught about 60 catfish on R-n-R. 2 48 quart coolers full of catfish and 150 bream in a day and a half made for an AWESOME trip for the young fella and us older guys too ;)

skcusnotsouh

195bc

skcusnotsouh, nice fish. What lake is that? What time of year, looks cold?

philobeddoe

Quote from: 195bc on January 07, 2009, 06:56:51 pm

Kind of looks like Caney Lake in north central Louisiana.  I hear Caney is on the comeback.  I've fished it a couple of times.  It's a slot lake, therefore we caught a lot of slot fish.  I did get broken off once, but I don't think it was a double digit fish.  We were fishing in a pile of wooden pallets.  They built several piles of structure when they built that lake. 

jep_hog_fan

I overheard a converstation of some guys catching their limit around Elaine, either Ole Town or Melwood. All between 3/4 pound and pound and a half. Makes me sick that I sold my boat to put my wife through nursing school, but she did say I could get any boat I want when she gets out, which was Dec 19.

skcusnotsouh

Quote from: 195bc on January 07, 2009, 06:56:51 pm

thanks. those were caught in the fall/winter on Lake Columbia

pioneerhog

Ok I am ready to go fishing now, like I wasn't before. Although it will have to warm up a little bit before I go to wading these streams around here.

Chuck Boarris

PIGINAPOKE

The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

razorbackfan4life

Spring can't get here soon enough.  I've been wanting to hit up Lake Fork or Amistad.  I've been to El Salto twice and had the best time of my life.  My biggest was a 9.2 lber.

HuntinHog

Several of yall have been to El Salto.  Which guide did you use?  How much was the package?  Tickets from Tulsa or Little Rock to Mazatlan are relativly cheap considering it's international.  Can the whole trip with airfare be done for under 2K?

razorbackfan4life

Quote from: HuntinHog on January 14, 2009, 12:45:57 pm
Several of yall have been to El Salto.  Which guide did you use?  How much was the package?  Tickets from Tulsa or Little Rock to Mazatlan are relativly cheap considering it's international.  Can the whole trip with airfare be done for under 2K?

I'd say just a little bit more than 2k.  Just depends on the airline I suppose.  I've gone with Ron Speed Adventures twice. (www.ronspeedadventures.com)

Be sure and check up on the fishing reports before you plan a trip.  Last time I went the lake was WAY up and the fishing was sup par compared to the first time.  Still got a darn ton of fish though. 

Hope this helps!