Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 Masters Thread

Started by Hawgndaaz, April 03, 2018, 08:15:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Boarcephus on April 11, 2018, 02:35:59 pm
LOL!!  Bet Sergio felt that way.  When we go to Sandestin I'll get out early in the morning and I've got a few places I'll hit.  Long pants, boots, gloves, ball retriever and I don't reach for anything with my hands. It's rough where I go.  Seems like everything down there will cut you or has thorns.  Depending how ambitious, or hungover I am, I'll find 600-800 every year and seems like about 1 out of 4 is a excellent condition Pro V.  Started finding a lot of Bridgestones and Tailor-mades lately.

If you find some balls with red rings on them and a bunch of smiles on the side, those are mine and I'd like them back.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 11, 2018, 12:47:06 pm
I'm holding out for the one somebody's gonna invent that locks onto your lost ball.  THAT's one I would get my money's worth out of.

Could be, but then you would need a deep sea diver wet suit to get yours off the bottoms of the ponds/lakes you lose your balls in.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Boarcephus

Quote from: GolfNut57 on April 11, 2018, 05:01:09 pm
Could be, but then you would need a deep sea diver wet suit to get yours off the bottoms of the ponds/lakes you lose your balls in.

And when you dive into these lakes and ponds in Florida, just realize you're not sitting atop the food chain anymore.  I know I've gotten a little more careful when I start looking around the waters edge when I go looking and I'm not talking just about the cotton mouths. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Cotton on April 11, 2018, 12:49:55 pm
My method, buy cheaper balls and don't spend more than 2 minutes looking  ;)

I give it a good 15-20 seconds, especially if it looks like copperhead country.  The guy I play with most often and I have come up with the "found ball rule".  If you find another ball in the general vicinity of where you hit yours it is now your ball.  Play on.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Cotton on April 11, 2018, 12:49:55 pm
My method, buy cheaper balls and don't spend more than 2 minutes looking  ;)

There is nothing worse than playing with that guy that wants to spend 10-15 minutes looking for his ball. 

Dillar Dog

Quote from: onebadrubi on April 11, 2018, 10:02:23 pm
There is nothing worse than playing with that guy that wants to spend 10-15 minutes looking for his ball. 

Playing with that guy that has a ball retriever in his bag.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Dillar Dog on April 11, 2018, 10:58:41 pm
It should at least count as two clubs...

Jackrabbit Hog

I'm beginning to realize I should never play with any of you guys.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Cotton

Quote from: EastexHawg on April 11, 2018, 09:11:37 pm
I give it a good 15-20 seconds, especially if it looks like copperhead country.  The guy I play with most often and I have come up with the "found ball rule".  If you find another ball in the general vicinity of where you hit yours it is now your ball.  Play on.
I thought this was how every amateur played.  As long as it doesn't have a range stripe on it you're good.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Cotton

Quote from: onebadrubi on April 11, 2018, 10:02:23 pm
Agree with this 100%.  Not my fault you bought 3 ProVs and don't wanna lose one. Be better.

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 12, 2018, 07:58:40 am
I'm beginning to realize I should never play with any of you guys.
You weren't invited anyway, I heard you don't even drink beer when you play.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

JoeyCapital

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 11, 2018, 12:47:06 pm
I'm holding out for the one somebody's gonna invent that locks onto your lost ball.  THAT's one I would get my money's worth out of.
They got it. $25/ball and it downloads spin rate, ball speed, carry distance, etc onto your phone. Also has built in gps so you don't lose it, as long as you're down to swim after it when you dunk one. You big ballers need to get down on that.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: Dillar Dog on April 11, 2018, 10:58:41 pm
a friend of ours showed up with one in his bag last summer.

when he wasn't looking, someone drew dikks all over it.

he didn't see it til he pulled it out to get a ball a few weeks later. it was awesome.