Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SDS SoS

Started by fishes2000, March 12, 2015, 03:27:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fishes2000

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/2015-strength-of-schedule/

Someone must finish last in the SEC West. Arkansas and Mississippi State aren't bad teams, but right now they're the best bets. The Razorbacks' brutal schedule doesn't help. Judging solely on 2014 results, Washington is the only team in the country that has it tougher.

I don't think we finish last. We had a tough schedule last year and was right there and I believe this year we will finish some of the games we should have last year. No way we lose to A&M again.

PaintballHog

I think it'll be a race between Miss St, Ole Miss, and LSU.

Nothing has led me to believe that LSU qbs have improved at all, Ole Miss's Defense will be good but QB and running game are question marks, and Miss St lost alot around their returning qb. Hogs won't be last.

flagstaffhog

I don't think we will be last or even 2nd or 3rd to last this season. I felt like the only team that aactually "Beat" us last year was Georgia.  The other we could have and should have won.

Just my opinion.

GO HOGS GO!
Go HOGS Go!

LRRandy

Quote from: flagstaffhog on March 12, 2015, 04:18:52 pm
I don't think we will be last or even 2nd or 3rd to last this season. I felt like the only team that aactually "Beat" us last year was Georgia.  The other we could have and should have won.

Just my opinion.

GO HOGS GO!
Auburn says hello.
This is fun, isn't it.

RebelW

We was 21 all going into half time. With a young team with the first game for alot of them. Then got rained out for an hour or so.. We got stiff and our momentum left from waiting so long. I think we could have beaten them if it wasn't for the long wait and could have kept our momentum. Tell Allbarn I said Hiedi Do.

welchog

Quote from: RebelW on March 12, 2015, 05:31:57 pm
We was 21 all going into half time. With a young team with the first game for alot of them. Then got rained out for an hour or so.. We got stiff and our momentum left from waiting so long. I think we could have beaten them if it wasn't for the long wait and could have kept our momentum. Tell Allbarn I said Hiedi Do.
Weather effects both teams.  Let's not sound like TT.

LRRandy

Quote from: RebelW on March 12, 2015, 05:31:57 pm
yeah because  Auburn didn't have to wait and get stiff. Clearly an advantage for them.
This is fun, isn't it.

widespreadsooie

Our 2015 schedule is much more favorable than last year's.

regi

This will actually be the 3rd year in a row that Mizzou has the softest schedule in the SEC. Non-conference schedule is pathetic and because they are such a small time program, they are going to Jonesboro Ar. for a game. MAy be one of their toughest road games. They do go to Athens and RRS however, Again, no Bama, No AU, No LSU on their schedule.

RebelW

My point was Auburn had a team that has been there before..we was first timers for most of us.. And the rain didnt help that at all.. Makes a big difference

ZERO

Excuses, excuses. Georgia and Auburn were the better teams and that's that.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: LRRandy on March 12, 2015, 06:27:13 pm
yeah because  Auburn didn't have to wait and get stiff. Clearly an advantage for them.

Their elevators worked
This is my non-signature signature.

I agree that we greatly improved over the year before but I don't agree that we had much of a chance against Aubbie, Bama, Geo or MO.  Bama played their worst game against us at our house and we still lost so they still beat us with a horrible game.  MO beat our coaching staff and the players would have had a difficult chance having to play MO at home and both coaching staffs. 

I doubt we'll be last in the West.  I expect both Miss teams to be below us and maybe LSU. 

LRRandy

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on March 12, 2015, 07:59:38 pm
Their elevators worked
lol. That's a good one. Good and also true.
This is fun, isn't it.

redeye

Typical for Arkansas.  We're almost always first or second in the SEC, regardless of whether we're good or bad that year.  Our SEC schedule does play a big part in it, though.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: ZERO on March 12, 2015, 07:39:44 pm
Excuses, excuses. Georgia and Auburn were the better teams and that's that.

Quote from: LRRandy on March 12, 2015, 06:27:13 pm

Maybe Auburn was the better team, especially in the first game of the year for a young team.

But I'd say the biggest factor in that second half was NOT Auburn's play, but more the sign stealing POS that is Gus and his cheating azz coaching staff.

And if you think I'm full of it, go talk to Coach Snyder at KSU -- he believed it was the difference for them.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Hogwild

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on March 13, 2015, 03:30:01 pm

But I'd say the biggest factor in that second half was NOT Auburn's play, but more the sign stealing POS that is Gus and his cheating azz coaching staff.

They also put in their starting QB in for the 2nd half

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Hogwild on March 13, 2015, 06:32:24 pm
They also put in their starting QB in for the 2nd half

Their back-up threw for 300 yards in the first half.  QB play went down.

The difference was their defense knew which plays were coming and completely shut down our rushing game.  Game over.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858