Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hoginese Changes

Started by twistitup, March 11, 2015, 02:14:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

Bielema loves Enos and his simplistic approach. Chaney got too complicated in his offensive terminology according to coach B at today's presser.

Chaney was simply not a good fit, just a popular name
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

gmarv

enos works out half as well as robb smith has we,ll be in great shape.

idochog

Even a modest improvement over Cheney would reap huge benefits
I love Jesus!

thirrdegreetusker

mhsbc59

so rock and roll all night and party everyday! done and done lol
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

Hogfaniam

Quote from: thirrdegreetusker on March 11, 2015, 04:20:19 pm
K I S S

Words to live by.
Quote from: mhsbc59 on March 11, 2015, 06:42:53 pm
so rock and roll all night and party everyday! done and done lol

When it comes down to a system you Got To Choose
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

HSVhogfan2

A really simple offense worries me a bit, honestly.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

PorkRinds

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on March 11, 2015, 08:51:47 pm

Simplifying the language not the scheme.

twistitup

March 11, 2015, 08:54:09 pm #8 Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 09:43:30 pm by twistitup

You should worry then....in BB's words - our terminology will be so easy to understand "a caveman could do it". His words not mine. BB just has that mentality, you can know what's coming - now try to stop it.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Hogfaniam on March 11, 2015, 08:22:38 pm
When it comes down to a system you Got To Choose

True. Our offense could certainly be "Hot or Cold". But we've got "Nothing to Lose". So let's enjoy some "Cold Gin" and just "Shout it Out Loud" when we win the SEC.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

MuskogeeHogFan

No one said it is more simple, the degree of difficulty with regard to the verbage used in calling a play or an audible and understanding where you are supposed to be aligned, and what your responsibilities are, can make it easier to have to think less and be able to execute at a higher level. Look at what it did for our defense in one single off season. Let's hope that we see the same thing transpire with our offense and their execution. Sounds like it was more difficult to understand under Chaney which may go back to his philosophy that it took a few years to fully learn the concept of his offense and how to maximize its productivity.
Go Hogs Go!

twistitup

Muskogee.....waiting for Cheney's offense to come together was like waiting for the Dinar to revalue- it might of never happened. I'm glad to be moving in a new direction.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: twistitup on March 11, 2015, 09:47:20 pm
Muskogee.....waiting for Cheney's offense to come together was like waiting for the Dinar to revalue- it might of never happened. I'm glad to be moving in a new direction.

Oh, I agree. I think we will be better offensively.
Go Hogs Go!

14erHog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on March 11, 2015, 09:52:14 pm
Oh, I agree. I think we will be better offensively.
Let's wait a few games into the season...
We were sitting on the bus one day and there were 5 of us hanging out. There was only one beer left in the cooler and we actually all took a little cup and split it. It was a pathetic day in a rock and roll when five grown men have to be sitting there sharing a beer.
Zakk Wylde

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.
Thomas Jefferson

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
Ronald Reagan

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 11, 2015, 08:53:09 pm
Simplifying the language not the scheme.

This. Just like the defense last year. There was nothing simple about it. We had stunts on the dline, Linebackers blitzing, safety blitzing, we played man and we played zone.

But the players were in the right position because the calls were easy to understand and communicate.

Athog

I would rather have a simple offense (does not mean scheme) excited well than one complex not excuted well.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: twistitup on March 11, 2015, 08:54:09 pm
You should worry then....in BB's words - our terminology will be so easy to understand "a caveman could do it". His words not mine. BB just has that mentality, you can know what's coming - now try to stop it.
Terminology may be simple, however, the execution may be not be so. And as you point out, stopping it may be even more difficult.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: 14erHog on March 11, 2015, 10:18:09 pm
Refusal ;D
I wanted Chaney gone, thought he got way less out of our talent than he should have! Have seen Enos coach and get lots out of lesser talent.  I think a bunch of people will be here about the start of October and think we got all new QB's and WR's, when they were here all along!

Inhogswetrust

Comprehension is important when reading...............................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Piggage

Quote from: gmarv on March 11, 2015, 02:35:05 pm
enos works out half as well as robb smith has we,ll be in great shape.

Chaney doesn't look like he works out half as well as either of them.

Oh . . . never mind.  ;D

RazrRila99

Anything that helps get an extra FG or TD in the 2nd half will be an improvement in my eyes.  How many games were lost because playcalling either got away from strength or confusion in execution?

hawgsalot

If you listened to the press conference, the offense is going to open up quite a bit.  3 and 4 wr sets will be a part of our base.  Spreading out and getting space and incorporating a heavy dose of screen plays.  CBB finally is getting the horses to open up our O a little bit with confidence!  He point blank said that the WRs in trouble should be chomping at the bit with this new scheme because the WRs are going to be in space making plays.

Paul

Quote from: Athog on March 11, 2015, 10:26:17 pm
I would rather have a simple offense (does not mean scheme) excited well than one complex not excuted well.
Nice George S. Patton reference!

Polecat

Quote from: 14erHog on March 11, 2015, 10:18:09 pm

Good new is the season sets up way better for us than in 2014. Front loaded with non-conference games at the beginning this year instead of jumping right into league play
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

CabotHog87

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 11, 2015, 09:16:38 pm
True. Our offense could certainly be "Hot or Cold". But we've got "Nothing to Lose". So let's enjoy some "Cold Gin" and just "Shout it Out Loud" when we win the SEC.

That would "Shock Me"

thirrdegreetusker

Quote from: Athog on March 11, 2015, 10:26:17 pm

Gus Malzahn says that, in his first years as HS HC, his teams struggled with the playbook. So he consulted his old HS coach, Barry Lunney. Claims Lunney told him "Does not do any good to have 180 plays in your playbook, if you can't run any of them WELL."

The difficulty of effectively communicating between team-mates would tend to make plays not go "well".

PorkRinds

Quote from: thirrdegreetusker on March 12, 2015, 01:40:50 pm
Gus Malzahn says that, in his first years as HS HC, his teams struggled with the playbook. So he consulted his old HS coach, Barry Lunney. Claims Lunney told him "Does not do any good to have 180 plays in your playbook, if you can't run any of them WELL."

The difficulty of effectively communicating between team-mates would tend to make plays not go "well".

Not to be nitpicky, but Lunney was not his high school coach.  Gus graduated in the early 80's. Lunney wasn't in Fort Smith at that time.

thirrdegreetusker

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 12, 2015, 01:46:56 pm
Not to be nitpicky, but Lunney was not his high school coach.  Gus graduated in the early 80's. Lunney wasn't in Fort Smith at that time.

I'm almost certain he consulted with BL. But don't really know if BL was his coach, now that you mention it. 

thirrdegreetusker

Quote from: thirrdegreetusker on March 12, 2015, 02:59:24 pm
I'm almost certain he consulted with BL. But don't really know if BL was his coach, now that you mention it.

Wiki say GM went to Fort Smith Christian, so I wrong........

PorkRinds

Quote from: thirrdegreetusker on March 12, 2015, 02:59:24 pm

Oh for sure.  I read the article that talked about him consulting Lunney, and you portrayed that conversation exactly how I remember it.