Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Williams, best SEC RB

Started by ricepig, March 11, 2015, 11:58:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkansas Fan

He still needs to stop slinging the ball around.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on March 11, 2015, 12:21:28 pm
Uhh........no one said the young man was perfect. Yes he does need to work on ball security; however, I still wouldn't trade either he or AC or any of the others mentioned in the article. Not one!!

bigdaddyhawg

That's an exaggeration, don't you think?
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Deep Shoat

"Hey dad, I got an A on my math test."

"Shut up boy, you still haven't remodeled the basement."

All Gas, No Brakes!

Hawgzinbowlz

ricepig

Quote from: Deep Shoat on March 11, 2015, 01:14:06 pm
"Hey dad, I got an A on my math test."

"Shut up boy, you still haven't remodeled the basement."

+1

bigdaddyhawg

During most of the last two seasons I've gone back and forth from believing JWill is definitely our best back, to believing AC is definitely our best back!!

Nice problem to have, huh?
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

thirrdegreetusker

In the "Music City Bowl" season, didn't we go completely through the regular season without a lost fumble by our RBs? If that goofy staff can coach that, surely present staff can.

MultipleScoreGasms

We just hired a RB coach who is known for his emphasis on ball security.

Piggage

Quote from: MultipleScoreGasms on March 11, 2015, 04:24:28 pm

And with proven success.

BigPapaHawg

Would not trade him for anyone out there!!!!
WOO PIG

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: MultipleScoreGasms on March 11, 2015, 04:24:28 pm

And that's a good thing.

devildoghawg

Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 25, 2013, 06:21:48 pm
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: devildoghawg on March 11, 2015, 11:26:36 pm
Chubb.
Jwill  > than all IMO! He will leave some huge shoes to fill next year.

Iwastherein1969

March 12, 2015, 12:08:00 am #15 Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 01:01:06 am by Iwastherein1969
Williams is not the most talented RB we've had, probably not even in the top 10 (because ARK has had some great, great toters of the ball). However, as far as determination and competitiveness goes, no one who has ever played the position at the UA has ever given more effort. Huge props to #32

ad: as far as the SEC goes, Chubb, being a frosh has more upside, however the sheer size of Williams will get him a job in the NFL....if, if he can catch the ball out of the backfield
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

arlhog

I love J.W.  but truth be known, I'd say he's probably third.  That's nothing to be ashamed of in this conference at all though.   But I'd have a real hard time putting him above Chubb or Henry.   We might have the best pair of backs though.   

alohawg

Hope he proves them right and then some.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Swine-as-wine

Best in the SEC? He's not the best on the team. Collins by a landslide, is
a much better running back.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Swine-as-wine on March 12, 2015, 02:09:32 am

Collins better?  Perhaps.

By a landslide?  No way in the world.

I know this because I can see with my eyes the strengths each player has, AND, possibly more importantly, CBB/staff sees it as well because they get pretty balanced carries.

CBB has shown in the past he has no problems feeding ONE stud 35-40 carries a game, and he would do it here if AC were that much better than JWill.

micali

PorkRinds

Quote from: Swine-as-wine on March 12, 2015, 02:09:32 am

Um...no.

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: arlhog on March 12, 2015, 12:58:26 am
I love J.W.  but truth be known, I'd say he's probably third.  That's nothing to be ashamed of in this conference at all though.   But I'd have a real hard time putting him above Chubb or Henry.   We might have the best pair of backs though.

I will give you Chubb, that man is a beast! Size and speed! However what in the H@LL has Henry ever accomplished? One good game? If he was so good then we would have seen it consistently by now. Williams is much better than Henry, but Chubb is going to be one of the all time special ones.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

lefty08

I'd take Williams over Collins every day of the week, but Collins is a good back and we need both
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: hawgsmellgud on March 12, 2015, 08:50:54 am
I will give you Chubb, that man is a beast! Size and speed! However what in the H@LL has Henry ever accomplished? One good game? If he was so good then we would have seen it consistently by now. Williams is much better than Henry, but Chubb is going to be one of the all time special ones.

Henry was the best RB on a NC finals team from a year ago.

He has been hurt, but, MAN, you'd have to be looking away pretty hard not to see his talent.

yraciv

Melvin Gordon led the nation in fumbles for a RB, and he is still the perceived best RB in the draft. Everyone has things they can work on.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: yraciv on March 12, 2015, 10:36:18 am
Melvin Gordon led the nation in fumbles for a RB, and he is still the perceived best RB in the draft. Everyone has things they can work on.

But did he "sling the ball around"?

That's much worse than just fumbling the ball, don't you know?

jrhardy88

Nick Chubb is ridiculous,comes in for Gurley and is better.Love our backs but Chubb is a monster.
Standing on the shoulders of giants.

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on March 12, 2015, 10:57:31 am

Hey, smartass, you realize that when a player decides to hold the ball away from his body, the chances of fumbling are much greater, right?

010HogFan

Never have understood the Derrick Henry hype. He's just a bigger, and maybe even slower, version of Broderick Green.

DOGALUM

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on March 11, 2015, 02:19:55 pm
During most of the last two seasons I've gone back and forth from believing JWill is definitely our best back, to believing AC is definitely our best back!!

Nice problem to have, huh?
You were right half the time.  I'll leave it at that......
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

Tusks

Is that like tossing the ball to the D when running in the open field.

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on March 12, 2015, 10:57:31 am

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

CDBHawg

Quote from: 010HogFan on March 12, 2015, 01:59:49 pm
Never have understood the Derrick Henry hype. He's just a bigger, and maybe even slower, version of Broderick Green.

Henry has more yards in two years than Green had his entire career.

Not to mention his 6ypc.

bondhue

"Hey, everyone on Hogville gets $100."

Argument ensues.
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: jrhardy88 on March 12, 2015, 12:09:52 pm
Nick Chubb is ridiculous,comes in for Gurley and is better.Love our backs but Chubb is a monster.
Chubb is going to be a good or maybe great SEC RB, but he was running behind one of if not the best OL in the country from 1 through 5.

LRRandy

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on March 12, 2015, 10:29:32 am
Henry was the best RB on a NC finals team from a year ago.

He has been hurt, but, MAN, you'd have to be looking away pretty hard not to see his talent.
not correct. Henry's team hot knocked out before the final.
This is fun, isn't it.

mizzouman

Chubb, Fornette, then all the rest

longpig

Wouldn't trade J Will for any of the others, that being said I rank him 4th to 6th in the conference.
Don't be scared, be smart.

longpig

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on March 12, 2015, 12:29:31 pm
Hey, smartass, you realize that when a player decides to hold the ball away from his body, the chances of fumbling are much greater, right?
lol. My girlfriend even noticed he slings the ball around.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: 010HogFan on March 12, 2015, 01:59:49 pm

It's always heartwarming when the imbeciles are allowed to use computers.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Prestworthy

Quote from: devildoghawg on March 11, 2015, 11:26:36 pm
Chubb.
Chubb is the best.  He will be an unbelievable RB at UGA and will eventually got to NYC for a heisman ceremony.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: mizzouman on March 12, 2015, 08:43:18 pm
Chubb, Fornette, then all the rest
Fornette has not done enough to be placed ahead of Williams nor Collins...you are merely going on reputation, still blindly staring at those stars on his Rivals page in his high school evaluation.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Biggus Piggus

Chubb. Seven yards a carry, topped 200 a couple of times. When he starts a full season he might hit 2,000.
[CENSORED]!

PaintballHog

WorfHog

Quote from: PaintballHog on March 13, 2015, 07:15:24 am
Love Jwill and AC, but Chubb isn't even human.

If that's true it raises disturbing questions about his eligibility.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: LRRandy on March 12, 2015, 05:17:59 pm
not correct. Henry's team hot knocked out before the final.

I'm going to plead "Senior Moment" on that.  :)

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on March 12, 2015, 12:29:31 pm

Yes, I was being a smartazz there, but you were guilty of negative exaggeration to smear a current UA football player.

Whose crime is worse?

The real Hogules

I love Williams too and I'm glad that he's a Hog, but I'd take Chubb, or the TB from LSU whose name escapes me ATM over J. Will.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

gawntrail

Barring injury, JWill is the top back in the 2016 draft.  Probably best in SEC and should be in running for Heisman. 

Prestworthy

Quote from: gawntrail on March 13, 2015, 03:44:34 pm
Barring injury, JWill is the top back in the 2016 draft.  Probably best in SEC and should be in running for Heisman.
Wow that's some wishful thinking!