Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tulsa Razorback Club - Update from event with CBB

Started by thehill1414, March 10, 2015, 10:00:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

thehill1414

Update from the Tulsa Razorback Club tonight with CBB

The event was by far the biggest turnout ever for a Tulsa Razorback Club event. The previous record was ~150, tonight there was well over 200. It was packed.

CBB gave a great recap of each game of last year. Made a point to talk about the Dan Skipper tripping call. Said he spoke to the ref a few weeks later and that was the first time that official ever called tripping. Also the first time CBB ever had tripping called in a game.  Talked about how they gave away 11 points vs Bama and gave away the Mississippi St. game. Afterwards Trey Flowers was unconsolable and just made the LSU and Ole Miss wins that much sweeter. Loved the TX win, of course, and was adamant that he did not flash the hook em sign downwards on purpose.

He then took us through some of the new class and really highlighted Froholdt. CBB is convinced this guy is going to be special. Also mentioned Ledbetter, Storey, Cantrell, as being key freshmen.

He took questions after this and spoke awhile on BA. Really gave some great compliments to him about where he came from (Bama game his freshman year) to the swagger and confidence he shows now. Specifically mentioned the TX game being the best of his career.

Said Ledbetter and Froholdt were the winners in winter conditioning in the weight room. Talked about Ledbetter's standing backflip.

He was asked about the putrid SEC referees and said he would only comment if the guy had $10,000 to cover his fine. He did say SEC officials are better than in any other conference.

Overall, he was fantastic. I will be honest, he blew away my expectations meeting him and listening to him. He is funny, charismatic, and most of all you can tell he genuinely cares about the players. If you get a chance to go to one of these club nights that he is speaking at, do yourself a favor and go.

Hollywood_HOGan45

I attended tonight. It was fantastic.

The man loves his hogs and he loves the new kid from Denmark.

Amazing night. Great with the fans.

JIHawg

Thanks, 1414.  Always fun to read these reports.

flagstaffhog

Yup. A big +1 for this post. Thanks. I needed the positive news after a long day.

Go HOGS Go!
Go HOGS Go!

McKdaddy

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on March 10, 2015, 10:22:32 pm
I attended tonight. It was fantastic.

The man loves his hogs and he loves the new kid from Denmark.

Amazing night. Great with the fans.

HH, I didn't know you lived in the area. Are you on the club's email list? I ask b/c I'm the one that sends them out, so you can put a Hogville name w/ my real name.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

McKdaddy

One of my assignments in the Tulsa Razorback Club is to pick-up the coaches at the airport when they fly over. Some are better and more open, while others are less so.

Here's a small Beliema sample:

-- I was having Bret sign some footballs for future auction items for the club on the way to the Jazz Hall from the airport. He jokingly asked Jen if she wanted to sign them also. I told him some people would prefer hers over his! He laughed and agreed.

-- In my ride were Jen, Coach, and Coach's communication coordinator. The comm coordinator was sorta prepping him for meeting w/ the media tomorrow after releasing the depth chart. One question he posed was how BB might respond if asked about what OU is going through right now. BB said, "that's OU's problem."

McKdaddy

Hawgzinbowlz

Thanks for the update.

'He did say SEC officials are better than in any other conference'.  Interesting...

" GO HOGS "

lumphog

Peter Porker

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on March 10, 2015, 11:34:17 pm
Thanks for the update.

'He did say SEC officials are better than in any other conference'.  Interesting...

" GO HOGS "

If I were a current SEC coach I'd say that too.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

GolfnHog

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on March 10, 2015, 11:34:17 pm
Thanks for the update.

" GO HOGS "

This tells me officiating at the college FB level as a whole, sucks. With the money that's in this sport, it is beyond time to have full time officials.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

ricepig

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Peter Porker on March 11, 2015, 07:11:05 am
If I were a current SEC coach I'd say that too.
If I may offer a simple correction: If I were CERTAIN SEC coaches I'd say that too. 8)

Arthur pigby sellers.

In Hot Springs he mentioned that he expects Cantrell to contribute next year.

go hogues

Quote from: McKdaddy on March 10, 2015, 11:24:03 pm
One of my assignments in the Tulsa Razorback Club is to pick-up the coaches at the airport when they fly over. Some are better and more open, while others are less so.

Here's a small Beliema sample:

-- I was having Bret sign some footballs for future auction items for the club on the way to the Jazz Hall from the airport. He jokingly asked Jen if she wanted to sign them also. I told him some people would prefer hers over his! He laughed and agreed.

-- In my ride were Jen, Coach, and Coach's communication coordinator. The comm coordinator was sorta prepping him for meeting w/ the media tomorrow after releasing the depth chart. One question he posed was how BB might respond if asked about what OU is going through right now. BB said, "that's OU's problem."
You, sir, are a potential goldmine. Please tell us more stories from throughout the years.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

hoghevn

I was able to attend and it was a great evening!!  Like stated earlier, it's obvious Coach B genuinely cares for his players and loves coaching the Hogs.

One of my favorites was his response to the question on where BA is.  His comments on BA's struggle as a freshman and how he got thrown in there too early and how he's been able to overcome and mature was great.  Also, I think it is very telling of how he stated we've made a lot of improvements but, we're no where near his expectations.  I think his plans and where & how's he's planning on taking this program to be a consistent contender is great.

One of the funniest things I thought he talked about was how the ball finally seems to be bouncing our way a little bit more in terms of scheduling and other areas.  He made mention of how difficult the schedule was his first 2 years and how he thought God might hate him.  But he said, now you can look at the 2015 schedule and see in the second half of that schedule there are X number (I forgot the number) of teams that we get to play them the week AFTER Bama plays them.

Also, he spoke of his idea that he submitted to the "Rules Committee" which he serves on the board of, and his idea getting passed with regards to officiating.  He told the story of him trying to get a time-out called at the end of the Bama game and the refs didn't notice him on the field.  He said that if he could have gotten the timeout called he would have stopped that play Bama won on.  Going forward it is a rule that coaches can now call for a review of whether the coach were signaling the refs for a timeout, and if so, the timeout has to be awarded and the play cancelled.

He is so funny and a gave a great talk.  Glad I went!!
Einstein - "The difference between genius and stupdity; genius has limits."

Biggus Piggus

Games the week before they play Arkansas:

Texas A&M - Nevada (home)
Tennessee - Florida (road)
Alabama - Georgia (road)
Auburn - Kentucky (road)
Ole Miss - Auburn (road)
LSU - Alabama (road)
Mississippi State - Alabama (home)
Missouri - Tennessee (home)
[CENSORED]!

DeltaBoy

He a great guy and I see better days ahead for the Hogs.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 12, 2015, 12:46:52 pm
Games the week before they play Arkansas:

Texas A&M - Nevada (home)
Tennessee - Florida (road)
Alabama - Georgia (road)
Auburn - Kentucky (road)
Ole Miss - Auburn (road)
LSU - Alabama (road)
Mississippi State - Alabama (home)
Missouri - Tennessee (home)

This made me wonder whether it was an advantage to play SEC opponents coming off a road game. Looking at last season, SEC teams were about .500 in conference games the week after a road game. About what you would expect. Going on the road seemed to have a hangover for some (Florida, South Carolina, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Tennessee), not so much the others.
[CENSORED]!

IronMountainHog

Quote from: McKdaddy on March 10, 2015, 11:24:44 pm
Btw, Pelphrey did a good JFB impersonation.
He did a horrible impersonation of a head basketball coach.

McKdaddy

Hoggish1