Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recap of Hot Springs Razorback Foundation

Started by Arthur pigby sellers., March 09, 2015, 09:47:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Arthur pigby sellers.

Since things are slow on the football front, thought I would share a bit of CBB's talk tonight. 
He was asked about Jojo and his injury last year and how he might contribute.  He said that Jojo was hurt but also wasn't physically and mentally ready to play.  He said he still needed to learn a little more about how things are done in Arkansas.  He mentioned expecting Kendrick and Cornelius to really improve.  Jared has gotten bigger and stronger in the offseason.  He thinks Stewart and  Pettaway can be special players, and he mentioned Donimique Reed several times. 
He talked about Hjalte and his enormous potential.  Ragnow is considered the most agile lineman and he was beating him in agility drills. 

You could tell how much CBB really cared about the kids and embraced the state.  He and Jen are spending their third anniversary at the Tulsa Razorback club tomorrow night. 

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on March 09, 2015, 09:47:11 pm
Since things are slow on the football front, thought I would share a bit of CBB's talk tonight. 
He was asked about Jojo and his injury last year and how he might contribute.  He said that Jojo was hurt but also wasn't physically and mentally ready to play.  He said he still needed to learn a little more about how things are done in Arkansas.  He mentioned expecting Kendrick and Cornelius to really improve.  Jared has gotten bigger and stronger in the offseason.  He thinks Stewart and  Pettaway can be special players, and he mentioned Donimique Reed several times. 
He talked about Hjalte and his enormous potential.  Ragnow is considered the most agile lineman and he was beating him in agility drills. 

You could tell how much CBB really cared about the kids and embraced the state.  He and Jen are spending their third anniversary at the Tulsa Razorback club tomorrow night.

Thanks for the information.
Hjalte will be fun to watch develop.

" GO HOGS "

lumphog

Thanks for the info Arthur & I hope someone gives us an update from Tulsa

HogPound

I'm sorry but if it's my anniversary, the last thing I want to do is spend my night appeasing folks on a message board. I would be taking a solid weekend off to get appeased somewhere else!

Arthur pigby sellers.

Quote from: HogPound on March 10, 2015, 06:42:15 am
I'm sorry but if it's my anniversary, the last thing I want to do is spend my night appeasing folks on a message board. I would be taking a solid weekend off to get appeased somewhere else!
It's CBB's anniversary not mine.  He told Jen when they got married no matter how crazy their life's got they would always set aside time for birthdays and anniversaries.  So he was joking about spending their anniversary at a razorback club dinner. 
CBB is really hilarious.  He told several funny stories about Hayden  Fry and mentioned him at least 5 times, Coach Fry was clearly a huge influence on CBB

CBB also talked about Coach Singleton.  He mentioned how RBs usually have "big" personalities and it can be hard to find a coach the kids will follow and respect.  CBB mentioned how Coach Singleton was a two year captain on the Air Force team, and how he commanded respect. 
He was not asked about Coach Enos, but he also mentioned him. He said that Coach Enos when he walked into a room everyone would take notice.  He must have a big presence as well.
CBB is very excited about the 7 early grad players on campus.  He mentioned how the Skill and athleticism of the younger athletes on the team is at  a whole different level than previous. 
Grant Garrett was there and he thanked C BB for letting a lineman throw the football.  It was pretty funny. Coach said that now before practice all the offensive  line men  stand around throwing passes trying to audition to throw the next touchdown.

LRrazorback

Love these updates. Keep them coming.  Great job guys!!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

outlawhogeywells

would be nice if the NWA Razorback club had a dinner like this. 
They have not had any dinners in at least 2 maybe three years

JIHawg

Thanks Arthur.  It's the only way we will know these little anecdotes, that posters get on here and report them.

lumphog

Quote from: JIHawg on March 10, 2015, 10:16:42 am
Thanks Arthur.  It's the only way we will know these little anecdotes, that posters get on here and report them.

Tim Harris

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on March 10, 2015, 10:14:31 am
would be nice if the NWA Razorback club had a dinner like this. 
They have not had any dinners in at least 2 maybe three years

Not to speak for anyone on here who assists with the club but their big events seem to be the Signing Day on the Hill and a Scramble Golf Tournament.

nchogg

Thanks Arthur that was a good fun read. Go Hogs!

McKdaddy

Quote from: lumphog on March 09, 2015, 11:40:48 pm
Thanks for the info Arthur & I hope someone gives us an update from Tulsa

I generally haven't provided updates when a coach visits Tulsa b/c they say such similar things at each club (generally speaking).  The one time I did post it (Petrino in 2010) was when the Tulsa club happened to be an early stop (1st or 2nd of that spring) in that year's caravan to the various Razorback Clubs.  I don't blame the coaches for having the same talking points to each club, be it nutt or Richardson or Heath or Petrino or CBB over the years.  There's only so many unique things to be able to pass along.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

outlawhogeywells

Quote from: Tim Harris on March 10, 2015, 02:23:18 pm
Not to speak for anyone on here who assists with the club but their big events seem to be the Signing Day on the Hill and a Scramble Golf Tournament.
I'm a member of this chapter.  And they have been lacking the last few years.  There use to be two to three dinners per year.  Now nothing.  The golf event and the signing day deal are great, but they do little for the average members of the club. 

RedSkiesAtNightHog

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on March 09, 2015, 09:47:11 pm

Thanks for the update!