Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Baylor's Newest TE/H-Back, 6-7, 410 lbs.

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, March 08, 2015, 09:43:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

WizardofhOgZ

March 08, 2015, 10:12:20 am #1 Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 10:23:28 am by WizardofhOgZ
Reminds me of Jason Peters at TE for us back in the day.  Thing is, Peters had legitimate TE hands and made some huge catches for us (Auburn, his freshman season; the 7 OT game at Ole Miss the same year).

Jason makes several good catches in this clip showing highlights of the 2003 S. Carolina game:

Jek Tono Porkins

Jason peters was a good tight end, but only Houston Dale Nutt would play a 6x pro bowl left tackle at tight end...
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

jackflash

Loved seeing that play, good for the big guy

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on March 08, 2015, 10:12:20 am
Reminds me of Jason Peters at TE for us back in the day.  This is, Peters had legitimate TE hands and made some huge catches for us (Auburn, his freshman season; the 7 OT game at Ole Miss the same year).

Jason Peters was without a doubt a very BIG boy when drafted, 6-4, 328 lbs. and was rated #4 out of 56 TE's eligible for the draft that year, but even he didn't top 400 lbs. Good grief.
Go Hogs Go!

aar0n

I think that could be the newest trend in college football, finding abnormally big guys with light feet and good hands and sending them out as an eligible receiver.  I'd be willing to bet we see this starting to catch on this season, growing more and more each year - especially in leagues with defenses focusing on speed rather than downright size to defend against the spread. 

LSPRazorbac

At that size, his knees will not last playing that position.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: theenemy on March 08, 2015, 11:06:31 am
At that size, his knees will not last playing that position.

They'll likely last longer than playing inside.
Go Hogs Go!

supersaint

There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: aar0n on March 08, 2015, 11:04:28 am
I think that could be the newest trend in college football, finding abnormally big guys with light feet and good hands and sending them out as an eligible receiver.  I'd be willing to bet we see this starting to catch on this season, growing more and more each year - especially in leagues with defenses focusing on speed rather than downright size to defend against the spread. 

Or at QB (Tretola).
Go Hogs Go!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on March 08, 2015, 10:16:13 am
Jason peters was a good tight end, but only Houston Dale Nutt would play a 6x pro bowl left tackle at tight end...

He scored like 40 more TD's than he would have at left tackle... HDN did not fail J. Peters. In fact, I met his cousin once on my way to Texas at a gas station and we talked about #80 for about 10 min's... Much better topic after his TE days...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Peter Porker

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on March 08, 2015, 10:16:13 am

Are you saying it was a bad idea to line Peters up next to Andrews and run behind them?
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: Peter Porker on March 09, 2015, 05:17:39 am
Are you saying it was a bad idea to line Peters up next to Andrews and run behind them?

I'll never forget listening to the radio and hearing Paul call that play against Miss St.? that year. Running play in-which they run behind Andrews and Peters and they left 3 or 4 of the opposing players on the ground hurt in the process of a long run or a TD. Paul got so worked up and excited over it. He couldn't believe it.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Hawgndaaz

Peters was a TE in name only. he was actually an outside tackle, if there is such a thing.

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on March 09, 2015, 09:25:45 am
Peters was a TE in name only. he was actually an outside tackle, if there is such a thing.

In HDN's offense, yes.  But he actually had very good hands, so he was a legitimate threat and the defense had to account for him in coverage schemes. 

hvsupastar

Could you imagine being a defense end lined up on Shawn Andrews outside should with Jason Peters next to him at TE...  That's like ten tons of people
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

acey33

Quote from: aar0n on March 08, 2015, 11:04:28 am

or throwing a TD...WPS