Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DJ Williams On The Source

Started by Hogfaniam, March 04, 2015, 12:18:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogfaniam

A natural.  I enjoy listening to what he has to say.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Jackrabbit Hog

Perhaps the best ambassador for Razorback athletics we have ever had.  I hope we utilize him as much as possible in the coming years.  So well spoken, so sincere and likeable.  And not too shabby a player either.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Hugehogsfan

He's doing well on morning show on KARK.  He's such a good person, glad to see him having success in his home state after attending the U of A.  Hope some of these other kids look at him and Tyler Wilson, THIS STATE will always take care of you.

hoglady

Was quite interesting to listen to him talk about how players are fined in the NFL.
Show up at a meeting without a pencil - $1,800 (team penalty)
Plus I didn't realize when you get a some sort of personal foul penalty (like facemask, hands to the face) in a game it's an automatic $15,000 fine from the league.
He said the fines just go on and on - for everything and anything you could think of.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

HOGINTENNESSEE

I'm surprised the SEC Network hasn't offered him.

Prime candidate bring a Mackey award winner and just an unbelievable presence on camera

Paul

the NFL should take a hint from BB:  call their mom & take their car away

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on March 04, 2015, 03:40:36 pm
I'm surprised the SEC Network hasn't offered him.

Prime candidate bring a Mackey award winner and just an unbelievable presence on camera

No room for an Arkie with all of the Georgia, Bama, Auburn and LSU guys already on their payroll . . .

::)

Pancetta

He should talk to Jimmy Dykes about what it takes to get into broadcasting on the Mothership.
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

Lake City Hog

Wonder if we would ever think of getting rid of the Sooner in the radio booth and bringing in someone like DJ?

Dr. Starcs

^^^

Please let this happen. And kick chuckles out too.

OrvilleRedenporker

DJ would be a great sideline reporter or color commentator

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Pancetta on March 04, 2015, 05:49:51 pm
He should talk to Jimmy Dykes about what it takes to get into broadcasting on the Mothership.

This, and I can't imagine a world where his door is not open to any ex-player who wants to know how to do it...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

longpig

Is that what quality control guys do in the NFL, hand out fines?
Don't be scared, be smart.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on March 04, 2015, 06:16:56 pm
^^^

Please let this happen. And kick chuckles out too.

Chuck is a very good play by play announcer, regardless of whatever dislike you or I may have for him personally.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

jesterzzn

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on March 04, 2015, 04:31:56 pm
No room for an Arkie with all of the Georgia, Bama, Auburn and LSU guys already on their payroll . . .

::)

Minus Tebow, all those guys paid thier dues doing all kinds of crappy assignments.

DJ would probably have to cover some women's softball for a couple years first.

jesterzzn

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on March 06, 2015, 11:19:59 am
Chuck is a very good play by play announcer, regardless of whatever dislike you or I may have for him personally.

Funny enough I have no personal dislike for chuck whatsoever,  and still don't care for him on football broadcasts. 

He's great at baseball...so of course UA took him off those .

Sportster365

Well he can stop trying to convince us his playing days aren't over and be honest with himself and us too.

870hogfan

Would love to see DJ on the SEC Network.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Sportster365 on March 06, 2015, 03:10:47 pm
Well he can stop trying to convince us his playing days aren't over and be honest with himself and us too.

C'Mon man!
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

presidenthog

Quote from: Sportster365 on March 06, 2015, 03:10:47 pm
I'm sure 500 people Smited him for this comment but in all honesty dj hasn't seen the field very much and I don't expect that to change anytime soon.

Albert Einswine

He doesn't have the chops for football.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Albert Einswine on March 06, 2015, 06:51:09 pm

He doesn't have the chops for football.

I think he's solid.  Not great perhaps, but worthy of respect he doesn't get here for that job.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Theolesnort

Well maybe Chuck is good compared to some of the SEC play by play guys but compared to Bob Cheyne, Bud Campbell and Paul Eells, Chuck comes up far short.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Theolesnort on March 06, 2015, 07:10:32 pm
Well maybe Chuck is good compared to some of the SEC play by play guys but compared to Bob Cheyne, Bud Campbell and Paul Eells, Chuck comes up far short.

That's what I mean by he doesn't have the chops. He's grossly inferior to Paul and what everyone says of Bud. I was 8 years old when Bud was killed so I just don't remember. When Paul became the voice of Razorback football I was transported to the stands every time I tuned in the game, which was every time the game was played, excepting the years of my Air Force enlistment when I was stationed in the UP of Michigan.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

hoglady

Quote from: jesterzzn on March 06, 2015, 11:45:06 am
Funny enough I have no personal dislike for chuck whatsoever,  and still don't care for him on football broadcasts. 

He's great at baseball...so of course UA took him off those .

I always thought that was his choice - that he decided he needed to drop one and he chose baseball. He has a great voice for baseball - hated to see him stop.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

LAHogfan123

Yes, he was very good at baseball, but he's never been good at Football and that's not saying anything bad about him, he's just very good at one and not good at all at the other one.

oldbear

This is where we are all entitled to our opinions.  When Chuck did a daily radio talk show, I listened very sparingly, because I simply didn't like his voice.  I have always been one of the few who didn't like the tone of his voice even on baseball.  I very seldom listen in now to football or basketball where i used to turn on the radio and turn down the tv. 

It is not just his "terrorist" comments that people dislike. 

rickm1976

Chuckles was a Nutt hugger to the bitter end.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: oldbear on March 07, 2015, 10:39:15 am
This is where we are all entitled to our opinions.  When Chuck did a daily radio talk show, I listened very sparingly, because I simply didn't like his voice.  I have always been one of the few who didn't like the tone of his voice even on baseball.  I very seldom listen in now to football or basketball where i used to turn on the radio and turn down the tv. 

It is not just his "terrorist" comments that people dislike. 

Quote from: rickm1976 on March 07, 2015, 02:40:44 pm
Chuckles was a Nutt hugger to the bitter end.

I too had some pretty intense feelings about the position he took and some of the things he said, which I feel were indefensible.

But his current job performance stands separate in my book.