Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ryan Mallett to re-sign with Houston

Started by seasonhog, February 17, 2015, 12:20:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

theFlyingHog

Quote from: ArmyOfnobunaga on February 17, 2015, 07:41:57 pm
Just checked with a friend (again) who works with the texans...

Someone that started this thread still needs to inform the texans... because the were/are not aware yet. Please  let them know the contract details too.

btw

great thread.
What color tie does your friend where?

Rocky&Boarwinkle

seasonhog

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on February 17, 2015, 08:06:07 pm
Did he actually sign with Houston in the first place?  I thought he was under contract and the teams just traded him. I think it's possible that re-sign may be in error and the correct term may be sign.  :)

Mallett contract is up March 10th.........free agent....re-sign if before Mar 10th....after... they will sign him......

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on February 17, 2015, 07:27:54 pm
for all intensive porpoises too.

edit: awww dangit. Pigsknuckles beat me to it. That's why you read the thread, kiddos.

Shhh...mine are really dolphins. Don't tell the Nature Nazi's. :)
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

farmhawg

Quote from: Albert Einswine on February 17, 2015, 02:33:30 pm

Try to keep up... now excuse me while I make a snack run down to the convenient store.
You should get you're snacks at walmarts.....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

MissippHog

Irregardless, all of this conversating about spelling and grammer is just silly.  Can we not get back on topic regarding Mallet's contract?

I'm sure we can all agree that the NFL is a doggy-dog world and getting that oppertunity to play can be a tough road to hoe.  Hopefully Houston will nip it in the butt and resign him. 

Albert Einswine

"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Hogfaniam

Quote from: MissippHog on February 17, 2015, 09:11:43 pm
Irregardless, all of this conversating about spelling and grammer is just silly.  Can we not get back on topic regarding Mallet's contract?

I'm sure we can all agree that the NFL is a doggy-dog world and getting that oppertunity to play can be a tough road to hoe.  Hopefully Houston will nip it in the butt and resign him. 

Leave Snoop out of it...
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Cletus

See, what had happened was........

MissippHog

Hogarusa

Great thread, but unless they cut FitzMagic, Mallett would be signing to compete for the starting QB job, seems doubtful they are just going to hand him the keys after 2 starts.
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

HouSwine

If RM can keep from getting hurt if/when they do re-sign him, the Texans should be great. Draft a running back and/or receiver.

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: Hogarusa on February 18, 2015, 09:10:52 am
Great thread, but unless they cut FitzMagic, Mallett would be signing to compete for the starting QB job, seems doubtful they are just going to hand him the keys after 2 starts.
They decided on him this past year after they gave Fitz like 8 opportunities.  Other than the injury, why would their opinion change?

WarPig88

Quote from: MissippHog on February 17, 2015, 09:11:43 pm

Irregardless is not a word. Regardless needs no prefix.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: WarPig88 on February 18, 2015, 12:35:56 pm

We all knew this.... sometimes grace is the better road to take.....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Pork Twain

Their is know weigh too fully grasp how this mite effect the wrest of the NFL.

This is a mute point and besides the fact, until Houston actually says something.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 18, 2015, 12:42:00 pm

This is a mute point and besides the fact, until Houston actually says something.

You just burned out your tolerance candle.....

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 18, 2015, 12:42:00 pm

This is a mute point and besides the fact.

Your not kidding!
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

seasonhog

Quote from: Hogarusa on February 18, 2015, 09:10:52 am

Ryan may have to compete to start.....but i think Houston will hand him the keys....

Mallett was outstanding in the 11/16 Browns game.........that is one reason the Browns were looking hard at signing Ryan. Just after Ryan got hurt....the Texans told Ryan they wanting him to re-sign...

This Texans team is becoming a very good team.......Mallett just need to stay healthy

Fitz may be released to free up some money.

alohawg

Quote from: WarPig88 on February 18, 2015, 12:35:56 pm

lol, theres so much fail in that post I thought it must have been intentional.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Albert Einswine

Quote from: alohawg on February 18, 2015, 03:52:11 pm
lol, theres so much fail in that post I thought it must have been intentional.

I thank the whey he put it was percise and suck sinked.

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

jkstock04

I can deal with the incorrect punctuation, but nails on a chalkboard to me is when fellow Hog fans can't spell the players' names correct.

"Mallet"
"Kniles"

Nails on a fricken chalkboard to me...can't stand that. About as bad as the wolf hog call so popular these days. This very thread you see the term "Mallet." Unbelievable that two of our greatest players in recent history still can't get their names spelled correctly.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

EastexHawg

I find it odd that the Texans would announce in February that Ryan is going to be the starter. 

Somethin' ain't right about this story.

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: EastexHawg on February 18, 2015, 04:34:11 pm
I find it odd that the Texans would announce in February that Ryan is going to be the starter. 

Somethin' ain't right about this story.

It isn't odd. If Ryan can stay healthy, He should be handed the keys to about 2/3 of the teams in the NFL. Better than Nick Foles, better than Brian Hoyer and way better than Ryan Fitzpatrick.

PRJ

MissippHog

MissippHog

Quote from: jkstock04 on February 18, 2015, 04:23:45 pm
I can deal with the incorrect punctuation, but nails on a chalkboard to me is when fellow Hog fans can't spell the players' names correct.

"Mallet"
"Kniles"

Nails on a fricken chalkboard to me...can't stand that. About as bad as the wolf hog call so popular these days. This very thread you see the term "Mallet." Unbelievable that two of our greatest players in recent history still can't get their names spelled correctly.
You do realize that the majority of the time they're written that way is intentional, don't you?

Pork Twain

Except all of those guys have started and RM has not made it through one game.  I wish him the best but he has done nothing as of yet to be crowned the starter.  Hopefully he has improved his touch on his short passes or he will not be starting for long.  This RM talk is starting to sound a lot like Corliss Marshall talk.  He has it in front of him to do and I hope he does it.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 18, 2015, 05:28:30 pm
Except all of those guys have started and RM has not made it through one game.  I wish him the best but he has done nothing as of yet to be crowned the starter.  Hopefully he has improved his touch on his short passes or he will not be starting for long.  This RM talk is starting to sound a lot like Corliss Marshall talk.  He has it in front of him to do and I hope he does it.

2/3, mayne. The question is which 21 quarterbacks should take a seat on the bench to hand the starting job to Ryan and should they draw straws or submit to some kind of democratic exercise to determine who it will be since he obviously can't QB all 21 teams?

jkstock04

Quote from: MissippHog on February 18, 2015, 05:27:08 pm
You do realize that the majority of the time they're written that way is intentional, don't you?
I absolutely don't realize that. I fully believe there are a number of people on here (that post regularly) who can't correctly pronounce or spell some players' names correctly. Forget about forming coherent, complete sentences lol. For whatever reason "Kniles" is a popular cliche that has stuck....along with "Mallet."

Wouldn't surprise me if the reason abbreviations are used so much on coaches is because people don't know how to spell their names.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Albert Einswine

Quote from: jkstock04 on February 18, 2015, 05:50:29 pm
I absolutely don't realize that. I fully believe there are a number of people on here (that post regularly) who can't correctly pronounce or spell some players' names correctly. Forget about forming coherent, complete sentences lol. For whatever reason "Kniles" is a popular cliche that has stuck....along with "Mallet."

Wouldn't surprise me if the reason abbreviations are used so much on coaches is because people don't know how to spell their names.

Man, I've heard NFL announcers freaking say "Kniles" repeatedly on game broadcasts.

I blame Frazier, personally...

jkstock04

Quote from: Albert Einswine on February 18, 2015, 05:53:59 pm

Man, I've heard NFL announcers freaking say "Kniles" repeatedly on game broadcasts.

I blame Frazier, personally...
There are mods on here who say it. I have friend who says it...just like the wolf Hog yelp, it's probably not going anywhere.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Pork Twain

Quote from: Albert Einswine on February 18, 2015, 05:36:18 pm

2/3, mayne. The question is which 21 quarterbacks should take a seat on the bench to hand the starting job to Ryan and should they draw straws or submit to some kind of democratic exercise to determine who it will be since he obviously can't QB all 21 teams?
2/3?

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 18, 2015, 06:58:42 pm
2/3?

Just goin' from the source. I seriously thought this is what your post was in response to since it only followed a couple posts down the page.

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on February 18, 2015, 05:17:41 pm
It isn't odd. If Ryan can stay healthy, He should be handed the keys to about 2/3 of the teams in the NFL. Better than Nick Foles, better than Brian Hoyer and way better than Ryan Fitzpatrick.

PRJ

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: jkstock04 on February 18, 2015, 06:00:30 pm
There are mods on here who say it. I have friend who says it...just like the wolf Hog yelp, it's probably not going anywhere.

I have even heard broadcasters say Mallett with one "T".

DLUXHOG

Quote from: jkstock04 on February 18, 2015, 04:23:45 pm

"Mallet"
"Kniles"

Think! Before you react.... Ask yourself this question..... Will "this" change the outcome of my life?    If you are a born again Christian, you're only going to grow older, and someday die.  And then you will spend eternity in heaven.    Nothing that occurs in this world will change or alter that outcome....guaranteed, by God Himself......

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: DLUXHOG on February 18, 2015, 07:56:35 pm

Think! Before you react.... Ask yourself this question..... Will "this" change the outcome of my life?    If you are a born again Christian, you're only going to grow older, and someday die.  And then you will spend eternity in heaven.    Nothing that occurs in this world will change or alter that outcome....guaranteed, by God Himself......

I think we are on the same page, though you are a bit more direct than I.

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on February 18, 2015, 07:29:56 pm
Almost as bad as broadcasters who leave the K off of Knile

MissippHog

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on February 18, 2015, 07:29:56 pm
Now that's funny. +1'd ya.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Albert Einswine on February 18, 2015, 07:01:50 pm
Just goin' from the source. I seriously thought this is what your post was in response to since it only followed a couple posts down the page.

Durrr...  Sorry, I was just talking about the three starters he listed.  Your response went right over my head.

Pork Twain

Nothing frustrated me more than watching Mallet make a bad throw to Kniles when he was wide open across the middle.  Short throws that required a gentle touch, were always Mallet's Achilles.  Hopefully time in NE cured that, because Brady is a master.

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

seasonhog

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on February 18, 2015, 05:17:41 pm

PRJ

from the boss mouth

GM Rick Smith and Bill O'Brien said today at the combine....first job is signing Ryan Mallett to a new contract ......good for Ryan.

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: seasonhog on February 19, 2015, 10:55:53 am
from the boss mouth

GM Rick Smith and Bill O'Brien said today at the combine....first job is signing Ryan Mallett to a new contract ......good for Ryan.

You'll never convince the 4th grade teaching idiocy around here. not even after Mallett has landed right back with Houston.

They cant even rise up their smartassery above a 4th grade level....

PRJ

Albert Einswine

We're being lighhearted Jimmy, give it a try one of these days.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Albert Einswine on February 19, 2015, 11:03:43 am
We're being lighhearted Jimmy, give it a try one of these days.
By the looks of his normal profile pics, I don't think he pulls off lighthearted very well.

seasonhog

from the boss mouth

This is why the Browns and Jets back off of Mallett ...most likely his agent told them that Ryan was staying in Houston.

flowermoundstan

from the boss mouth

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12348277/houston-texans-want-bring-back-qb-ryan-mallett

"I think if you look at our offense, I think it's important for us to bolster the quarterback position," O'Brien said. "To me, one of the ways to do that is to get Ryan Mallett back here."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000471950/article/texans-coach-gm-shower-ryan-mallett-with-praise

Consider it a significant upset if the Texans don't find a way to keep Mallett in their building. He is a very realistic possibility as the team's Week 1 starter.

nice video too with o'brien, he seems to genuinely like ryan.

seasonhog

Quote from: flowermoundstan on February 19, 2015, 03:32:54 pm
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12348277/houston-texans-want-bring-back-qb-ryan-mallett

"I think if you look at our offense, I think it's important for us to bolster the quarterback position," O'Brien said. "To me, one of the ways to do that is to get Ryan Mallett back here."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000471950/article/texans-coach-gm-shower-ryan-mallett-with-praise

Consider it a significant upset if the Texans don't find a way to keep Mallett in their building. He is a very realistic possibility as the team's Week 1 starter.

nice video too with o'brien, he seems to genuinely like ryan.

Smith and O'Brien showering praise on Mallett........sounds like Houston has some compeition for Ryan..........they need to drop the talking point that Ryan can compete for the starting job......or they may lose him.

Houston has been downplaying Mallett.....to get him on the cheap......and i think they are finding out that is not going to fly.