Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

For future reference...

Started by Swinesong1, November 03, 2012, 06:36:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

azhog10

I like them putting this in writing and not leaving it up to people having to assume. However to me it still doesn't address coaches kids who transfer because their dad got canned, and doesn't address one getting themselves into a situation off the court that requires them to come back closer to home. Although in Abron's case he did move very close to home I'm pretty sure so I would have no problem with this. It just caters to those coming from larger cities, who have more appealing Universities. But as long as they are putting things like this into the rule book and being very specific then I have no problem at all. Glad they are trying to address some of the headaches that come with this. Still don't like the Ziegler ruling tho. A rule needs to be made about that, and not just these imaginative loop holes.

Root_hawg

Still sign with school and not the coach...

snf6278

Quote from: Root_hawg on November 04, 2012, 10:16:49 am
Still sign with school and not the coach...
The only problem with that is most kids choose a school, in part, because of a coach. Whether it be for style of play, coaches success, or a family atmosphere. You can't tell me half the kids at KY aren't there because of cal! Same goes for duke and other major coaches. While I agree their should be guidelines set. Their should be some leeway for the student athlete to. Just my opinion.

Root_hawg

I agree but should be some sit out period even if half a semester