Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hey, Pujols.................

Started by KCRazorbackfan, October 13, 2013, 06:17:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

KCRazorbackfan

.............are you going to Dodgers Stadium to watch their game with the Cardinals?  You should, that's the closest you'll get to a playoff game ever again.  Cards GM Mozeliak was brilliant in getting rid of you and your $25m per year.
Life took me to Central Florida, but I'll always be a Razorback.

pigture perfect

I think you should Al. Glad you're getting healed up now. Hope you go into the HOF as a Cardinal.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

dhornjr1

Quote from: pigture perfect on October 13, 2013, 06:30:55 pm
Hope you go into the HOF as a Cardinal.

He'll have to go in as a Cardinal. The Hall doesn't let players choose any more. They denied Gary Carter's wish to go in as a Met and Andre Dawson's wish to go in as a Cub.

They both went in as Expos.

Dr. Starcs

Only a matter of time before they figure out he was juicing anyway.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

jrulz83

I didn't shed a tear when he didn't re-sign. He had three consecutive years with a downturn in his performance. That's a big warning sign in baseball. With a payroll in the $100-115 million range, he could have become a huge payroll problem for the Cardinals if they had signed him. I wouldn't want to be paying him $30 mil when he's 40 (if he's not 40 already).

Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

dhornjr1

Quote from: jrulz83 on October 14, 2013, 04:14:47 am
I didn't shed a tear when he didn't re-sign. He had three consecutive years with a downturn in his performance. That's a big warning sign in baseball. With a payroll in the $100-115 million range, he could have become a huge payroll problem for the Cardinals if they had signed him. I wouldn't want to be paying him $30 mil when he's 40 (if he's not 40 already).

I'd almost guarantee that he is older than he claims. Most players skills don't start eroding when they turn 29 or 30 years of age like his did. The ages of 27-32 are prime time years for most players.

I wonder how much of a role HGH played in his success. I hope he never took any of it, but back then there was no testing for it and he would miraculously heal from plantar fasciitis and the elbow problem that he supposedly had for years.

HGH does that.

Now, they test for HGH and somehow he can't heal from those injuries as quickly as he did then. Besides, his head is about three times the size it was twelve years ago just like Barry Bonds' head.

As it turns out, it was absolutely the best thing for the Cardinals that he didn't re-sign, unbelievable as that might have seemed two years ago.

jrulz83

Quote from: dhornjr1 on October 14, 2013, 02:03:10 pm
I'd almost guarantee that he is older than he claims. Most players skills don't start eroding when they turn 29 or 30 years of age like his did. The ages of 27-32 are prime time years for most players.

I wonder how much of a role HGH played in his success. I hope he never took any of it, but back then there was no testing for it and he would miraculously heal from plantar fasciitis and the elbow problem that he supposedly had for years.

HGH does that.

Now, they test for HGH and somehow he can't heal from those injuries as quickly as he did then. Besides, his head is about three times the size it was twelve years ago just like Barry Bonds' head.

As it turns out, it was absolutely the best thing for the Cardinals that he didn't re-sign, unbelievable as that might have seemed two years ago.

Careful calling him a juicer, you might get sued :)

I've always suspected his age was incorrect, so many Latin and Caribbean players ages are.

If the Cards re-sign Pujols they do not get the compensation pick from the Angels.
Anybody know who they picked up with that draft pick??? Michael Wacha

Dropkick

It is hilarious listening to Cardinal fans rag on AP now that he is gone. Quit embarrassing yourselves.

jrulz83

Quote from: Dropkick on October 14, 2013, 02:41:04 pm
It is hilarious listening to Cardinal fans rag on AP now that he is gone. Quit embarrassing yourselves.

I'm not ragging on him, even when he was a Cardinal I thought what I posted.

dhornjr1

Quote from: jrulz83 on October 14, 2013, 02:45:44 pm
I'm not ragging on him, even when he was a Cardinal I thought what I posted.

You can't fix stupid, jrulz. They're out in force today.

Dropkick

He was St. Albert up until he left and now he is lying about his age and on the 'roids.

dacskc

The age thing isn't new. I think the vast majority of Cards fans knew that his age was more of an age range. The 'roids...who knows? I always had my fingers crossed whenever a new report came out that his name wouldn't be there. It never was, so really, that's all you can go on.

clutch

Quote from: dhornjr1 on October 14, 2013, 02:03:10 pm

HGH does that.

I never wanted them to sign him to a new deal. I loved Albert, but I knew that his contract would strap the team for the next 10 years and leave huge holes in other areas. I was so glad when they let him walk.

Dropkick

No argument, they were smart to let him go. A lot of Cardinal fans couldn't see all those warts when he was their hero though.

johnny cash

Quote from: Dropkick on October 14, 2013, 03:49:02 pm
He was St. Albert up until he left and now he is lying about his age and on the 'roids.
not by me, he was awesome, but he was not the team. I wanted him to stay, but not pay him that much. I was pissed when the cards let Jim Edmonds go, not Albert.

jrulz83

Quote from: Dropkick on October 14, 2013, 03:49:02 pm

Innocent until proven guilty, just my opinion. As with every player, the juicing would need a lot more smoke than Jack Clark claiming a former trainer told him he shot Albert up before I'd convict him.

KCRazorbackfan

Quote from: Dropkick on October 14, 2013, 02:41:04 pm

Actually, you're not "listening" to any Cardinal fans; you're reading our opinions.  Who are you a fan of, btw?  I'm not ragging at all, the Cardinals are a much better team (financially and player wise) now since AP "took the money and ran". 
Life took me to Central Florida, but I'll always be a Razorback.

clutch

Quote from: johnny cash on October 14, 2013, 05:16:55 pm
not by me, he was awesome, but he was not the team. I wanted him to stay, but not pay him that much. I was pissed when the cards let Jim Edmonds go, not Albert.

Yeah, I should clarify...... I would have loved him to stay, but only on a 5 year deal, no longer. I knew there was a 0% chance of that happening though. I became a big fan of Allen Craig in the 2011 season and knew that 1B would be in good hands. The same can be said with Adams.

The thing about 1B is it's great to have a guy who can put up big power numbers from that spot, but you can usually find a guy who can get you 30 hr's and 90-100 RBI's to replace a superstar 1B for a lot cheaper. It's not as big of a deal as losing a star CF or SS who's glove is really a difference maker to go along with their batting.