Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How do we close out the remaining road schedule?

Started by popcornhog, January 29, 2015, 12:01:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

What will our record be in the remaining road games?

0-6
3 (2%)
1-5
9 (5.9%)
2-4
46 (30.3%)
3-3
66 (43.4%)
4-2
22 (14.5%)
5-1
2 (1.3%)
6-0
4 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 152

popcornhog

Florida
Auburn
Ole Miss
Mississippi State
Kentucky
South Carolina

I've got 3-3 with wins at Florida, Auburn, and State.
WPS

razorbackfanatic

Before the season started I felt like to get in the big dance we needed 4 SEC road wins and 8 at home. 12-6 in conference play and I think we are in no matter what happens in the SEC tourney. We could maybe lose one more at home if we make up for it on the road and go 3-3 the rest of the way. But I also think 11-7 and we are in with 1 SEC tourney win. I think we win vs Mississippi State and the other win is a toss up between SC and Auburn. The Florida game is tricky bc we don't do well against good shooting guards that can also handle the press well like Ole Miss. But we also play to our competition so I think we have a good shot Saturday against them. I see Ole Miss and Kentucky as losses. I think 23 regular season wins gets us firmly in and off the bubble talk.

rlreev01

We can't win at Florida the way we are playing. Really, we can't win against any team except the most inept on the road.

popcornhog

Quote from: rlreev01 on January 29, 2015, 02:41:28 am
We can't win at Florida the way we are playing. Really, we can't win against any team except the most inept on the road.

Inept leek Georgia? SMU?

True Mizzou was inept and horrible, but we've got two really solid road wins against teams that are better than UF.

Clemson was a horrible road loss that reminds me of our past struggles on the road though, I'll give you that.

Will we beat UF on the road? Who knows? But your hyperbole is par for the course in this forum and it's getting tiresome.
WPS

Hawg Red

I've got 2-4 with wins at Auburn and State, but I'm sure it won't turn out that way. We might lose to Auburn but beat Florida or Kentucky.

I'd take 4-5 on the road in the SEC in a heartbeat.

Pork Twain

Quote from: popcornhog on January 29, 2015, 12:01:37 am
Florida
Auburn
Ole Miss
Mississippi State
Kentucky
South Carolina

I've got 3-3 with wins at Florida, Auburn, and State.
I think we beat Auburn, State and South Carolina
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

latrops

Quote from: popcornhog on January 29, 2015, 09:05:32 am
Inept leek Georgia? SMU?

True Mizzou was inept and horrible, but we've got two really solid road wins against teams that are better than UF.

Clemson was a horrible road loss that reminds me of our past struggles on the road though, I'll give you that.

Will we beat UF on the road? Who knows? But your hyperbole is par for the course in this forum and it's getting tiresome.

He said "with the way we are playing".  I take that to mean how we've played over the last 5.  Even in winning 3 straight, we haven't played particularly well.  Our schedule is tougher over the 2nd half of SEC play, so in order to stay in the top 4 or so we need to get back to how we were playing prior to the Tennessee and Ole Miss losses.  We've been winning since then, but still don't seem to have our mojo.

It is really difficult to predict what this team will do going forward.  Our record looks very good and we have some very impressive road wins.  But when every game comes down to the final minute, regardless of location or opponent, it is tough to predict a strong finish.  I just want us to start playing well, again.  Do that and the results will be there.

Wisco Pig

The loss at Clemson is looking less and less terrible.   

The_Iceman

We beat Auburn and Mississippi State, giving us a 4-5 record on the road. We finish out 8-1 at home, giving us a 12-6 SEC record and an NCAA tournament bid.

Hawg Red

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 29, 2015, 09:34:37 am
We beat Auburn and Mississippi State, giving us a 4-5 record on the road. We finish out 8-1 at home, giving us a 12-6 SEC record and an NCAA tournament bid.

This is what I think will happen, which would have use 1 game off where I projected (had us winning all home games).

code red

As much as it pains me to say this.....because I have apathy for this style of basketball.  The Hogs have not played ball the last 4 games like they are capable.  I think stuff starts to click starting Saturday and we go 4-2 the rest of the way on the road.  Our pressure was effective early this year but not so much as of late.  We will see fresh legs in the swamp.  We will get back to penetration and dishing instead of jacking a bunch of 3's. 
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

poloprince

I'm sticking to my prediction of 12-6, therefore we go 2-4 for the remainder of the road schedule. I see wins at Auburn and Ms st.   Very likely that we can get to 3-3 or even 4-2 with a win @ Florida on Saturday.
$PoLoPrInCe$

Danny J

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 29, 2015, 09:10:49 am
I've got 2-4 with wins at Auburn and State, but I'm sure it won't turn out that way. We might lose to Auburn but beat Florida or Kentucky.

I'd take 4-5 on the road in the SEC in a heartbeat.
I feel the same way.....I am not sure where the two wins are going to come from but I feel we are going to only be able to muster 2 more.

Breems

Quote from: code red on January 29, 2015, 09:41:23 am
As much as it pains me to say this.....because I have apathy for this style of basketball.  The Hogs have not played ball the last 4 games like they are capable.  I think stuff starts to click starting Saturday and we go 4-2 the rest of the way on the road.  Our pressure was effective early this year but not so much as of late.  We will see fresh legs in the swamp.  We will get back to penetration and dishing instead of jacking a bunch of 3's. 

You "hate to say" they will do well to end the year?

^^^^^^ this ^^^^^^^ +1 Breems for questioning him
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

yraciv

Wins vs. State, SC, and Auburn.  We can win at FL and OM, but historically speaking I can never chalk up a win there.

HawgTrough

Im gonna go 3-3. Auburn, State, and USCe/UF

I just pray that we avoid a 20 point stomping somewhere that completely de-rails this team.
WPS

Danny J

Quote from: HawgTrough on January 29, 2015, 01:11:01 pm
Im gonna go 3-3. Auburn, State, and USCe/UF

I just pray that we avoid a 20 point stomping somewhere that completely de-rails this team.
OR that the regular season ends with a loss at USCe...again we were done NO favors by the SEC in terms of scheduling:

a. 3 games in 6 days

b. Start the season on the road...again...at a projected top 4/5 team

c. Again...finish the season on the road but not only that finish the season on the road in back to back games one being at UK

d. We have to play both UK and UF on the road with no return game in BWA this year

Fayettechill14

I think we beat Mississippi State for sure. Then we win 2 of Auburn, Florida, South Carolina, and Ole Miss. Lose at Kentucky. 3-3

code red

Quote from: Breems on January 29, 2015, 12:28:18 pm
You "hate to say" they will do well to end the year?

^^^^^^ this ^^^^^^^ +1 Breems for questioning him
I've grown apathetic with the run outs and easy 3's late in the shot clock.  Clear enuff??  Guess you guys over here in JB haven't got enuff of yourself yet.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

gmarv

HawgTrough

Quote from: Danny J on January 29, 2015, 01:59:55 pm
OR that the regular season ends with a loss at USCe...again we were done NO favors by the SEC in terms of scheduling:

a. 3 games in 6 days

b. Start the season on the road...again...at a projected top 4/5 team

c. Again...finish the season on the road but not only that finish the season on the road in back to back games one being at UK

d. We have to play both UK and UF on the road with no return game in BWA this year

LSU comes to BWA to close out the year. But yeah, 5 of our last 8 games are on the road. Stinks
WPS

Atlhogfan1

I think 3 with 2 most likely AU and Ms St. 

I would not be surprised with anything between 5-1 and 1-5. 

Reasons to be optimistic:

I think Coach A is settling in on a rotation which is good for continuity and understanding roles. 

Portis and Qualls are bringing it pretty consistently offensively leaving the need for only one other player to have a good game.  Even with the defensive issues, it puts pressure on the opponent to continue scoring.  And we have a few candidates who can be the third option.

Beard's growth as an offensive player.

Reasons for concern:

Coach has appeared to settle on a rotation and the minutes aren't going to good defensive players.  The defensive players struggle scoring.  The dilemma we have had without an answer to this point. 

Portis and Qualls are playing a significant amount of minutes.  We've had stars in past seasons avg over 30 mpg playing more up tempo than we have this season.  Will Portis and Qualls be able to hold up even as they don't always bring the effort defensively?  Against Tenn, Coach A left one on the court in the second half. 

The SEC schedule setup for a great start and to be in a position perhaps to only need 2-3 wins by the time the final 7 get here.

That stretch will also provide some learning opportunities that may help prepare the team for postseason as they'll see good competition in OM, UK and LSU and Martin's teams have given Mike's problems. 

These are some challenges they need. 

The Th- Sat turnaround too is what you experience in the NCAAT.  Other conferences do this a lot.  The ACC has Sat-Mon and Sun-Tu games.  We get a Th - Sat to end the regular season.  Let them get in mindset. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Danny J

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on January 29, 2015, 02:11:22 pm
I think we beat Mississippi State for sure. Then we win 2 of Auburn, Florida, South Carolina, and Ole Miss. Lose at Kentucky. 3-3
MSU is playing better as of late. Still not a good team but they appear to be better than Mizzou and USCe is losing some tough ones also.

Mick Hogger

I think beat AU and USC-e. The rest I can't predict but we're cursed at the Tad Pad. A win there would be huge.

I've been meaning to ask. Does anyone know how the schedules are determined? We got KY twice last year. Will we get a home game only next season along with Florida or is there a possibility of doing home/home again?
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

Breems

Quote from: code red on January 29, 2015, 02:47:01 pm
I've grown apathetic with the run outs and easy 3's late in the shot clock.  Clear enuff??  Guess you guys over here in JB haven't got enuff of yourself yet.

I don't care. You're tarded.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

MikePiazza

Hogs are better than Auburn, Mississippi State and South Carolina wherever they play them. They need to sweep the last two and win at Auburn. So that would be 10-8 at worst.

Should beat Mizzou at home so that's 11-7. You beat A&M and LSU in BWA and you're 24-7 (13-5) headed to Nashville.

A 25-8 Hogs team should get a 5 or 6 seed.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

Danny J

Quote from: Mick Hogger on January 29, 2015, 03:55:13 pm
I think beat AU and USC-e. The rest I can't predict but we're cursed at the Tad Pad. A win there would be huge.

I've been meaning to ask. Does anyone know how the schedules are determined? We got KY twice last year. Will we get a home game only next season along with Florida or is there a possibility of doing home/home again?
I THINK we will get UK at home next year...no road trip. I also THINK we will play home and home with UF next year or that is how the pattern appears to be shaking out.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Danny J on January 29, 2015, 04:04:22 pm
I THINK we will get UK at home next year...no road trip. I also THINK we will play home and home with UF next year or that is how the pattern appears to be shaking out.

I believe you're correct. We play Missouri home-and-home every year and every other team is on a rotation of home/away/home-and-home. So, Kentucky at home next year and then home-and-home in 2017. Florida home-and-home next season and then at home in 2017. And, for example, we would play Tennessee only at home next season since we have them home-and-home this year and only played them on the road last year.

Mick Hogger

OK, that makes sense. Just never heard how it was determined. Thanks!
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

Thepigdoctor

I'm cautiously optimistic because while the recent back to back to back stretch didn't look pretty, we continued to put ourselves in a position to win, forced the other teams to make plays to beat us, and they couldn't. I've heard the team was also battling a wave of the flu during that stretch, which if true (obviously Jacorey was sick  :puke:) only further proves the resolve of this team, as well as conditioning.

I look forward to seeing a fresher team on Saturday and while I won't be surprised by a loss in a tough environment to a talented but underachieving team, I'm going with a win. I put them at 4-2, with wins over Aubbie, Miss St, split UF/SC, and OM/UK.

We will pull the "upset" on Ole Miss if we catch them on a cold night, which I think we're due for. For whatever reason, they've played better on the road this season. KY has their struggles from outside at times, which matches our weakness well, so likewise, an off night from them and we could easily be the one to beat them. 4-1 over our last 5 against them, Anderson seems to have Cal's number.

Depending on how we show up for each game, I could just as easily see 2-4 as I could 5-1.

Who wants to own up to the 0-6?

passinghog

We're going to beat Florida Saturday and probably lose @ OM and @SC, based on our personnel.