Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It Is Totally Ridiculous

Started by NaturalStateReb, January 28, 2015, 08:34:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NaturalStateReb

That you can breathe hard on a guy outside and get whistled for a foul, but you can cave a guy's skull in down low and they'll just let it go. That is all.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

3of5-2

It's just the way it is, and the way it has been for a long time. Players and coaches should already know that. Yes, it is ridiculous. So as inbounding the ball after a made basket. Refs seldom even look to see if the player is in bounds or out of bounds when he throws the ball in.

Danny J

I have complained about this for over a decade. It is beyond absurd.

tophawg19

or the ability to push off anymore if closely guarded
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Dr. Starcs

Seen this several times too: inbounder (who is supposed to be holding his spot), sometimes moves both feet more than once. Refs never call that either.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: 3of5-2 on January 28, 2015, 08:40:33 pm
It's just the way it is, and the way it has been for a long time. Players and coaches should already know that. Yes, it is ridiculous. So as inbounding the ball after a made basket. Refs seldom even look to see if the player is in bounds or out of bounds when he throws the ball in.

Agreed. I think you can get away with an extra step more easily in the lane, but they're still pretty good about calling a travel.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Cresthog

It also infuriates me that no one truly knows the definition of a charge.

It's called so inconsistent it's almost not even worth having it in the rule book.