Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4 teams in college basketball have 2 RPI top-25 road wins

Started by Fayettechill14, January 28, 2015, 03:21:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fayettechill14

The Boar War

Impossible.  Arkansas can't win on the road, Mike is a bad x's and o's coach, etc , etc.

popcornhog

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on January 28, 2015, 03:21:26 pm
Duke
Virginia
Kansas
Arkansas

Per Bart Pohlman.

Wow.

Proof that Mike is God.

-FCJ

Fire Mike. SMU wasn't 100%. We've regressed. SEC sucks.

-The rest of jump ball posters.

Impressive stat. Hopefully we continue to win despite our problems.

-pretty much nobody.
WPS

scruf

Atlhogfan1

Duke's - Wisconsin and Louisville
UVa - Maryland and VCU
KU - Georgetown and Baylor
Hogs - SMU and Georgia
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

scruf

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 28, 2015, 03:33:46 pm
Duke's - #5Wisconsin and #10Louisville
UVa - #16Maryland and #14VCU
KU - #21Georgetown and #20Baylor
Hogs - NR but receiving votesSMU and NR but receiving votes Georgia

Sorry had to. -1 for me

Hawg Red

Quote from: popcornhog on January 28, 2015, 03:29:50 pm
Proof that Mike is God.

-FCJ

-pretty much nobody.

Not sure if serious.

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

hoglady

Proof that Mike is God.

-FCJ

-pretty much nobody.

There are still a few us around here in the 3rd category.
Anderson and Madden get way too much grief around here for a 16-4 team.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

rude1

Dang just think if we were "well coached" and played "fundamental basketball", the sky would be the limit. Doesn't matter what you bring up to show success, there is an agenda of wanting CMA to fail so they will continue to see failure even while we are winning.

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

WorfHog

PonderinHog

Danny J

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 28, 2015, 03:33:46 pm
Duke's - Wisconsin and Louisville
UVa - Maryland and VCU
KU - Georgetown and Baylor
Hogs - SMU and Georgia
Quote from: RazorPiggie on January 28, 2015, 03:39:17 pm
Sorry had to. -1 for me
Duke's - #9 RPI and #21 RPI
UVA - #13 RPI and #4 RPI
KU - #19 RPI and #23 RPI
ARK - #18 and #24

So...UVA has the two best road wins, followed closely by Duke then Arkansas and KU are tied. All that matters is the RPI when it comes to selection Sunday. The non-conf SOS and RPI. Rankings mean very little compared to those two. So why is that a -1 from you? So I guess being mentioned nationally with the likes of Duke, UVA and KU is not impressive?

passinghog

#justwinbaby

SMU improves to 8-1 in conference after their win tonight...

popcornhog

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 28, 2015, 03:52:35 pm
Not sure if serious.

Very serious. It seems like very few people are willing to admit that we're doing some very good things and some things we're doing very poorly. But that overall, we are winning more than we have in a long time.
WPS

Thepigdoctor

Quote from: popcornhog on January 28, 2015, 08:15:28 pm
Very serious. It seems like very few people are willing to admit that we're doing some very good things and some things we're doing very poorly. But that overall, we are winning more than we have in a long time.

I believe my posts indicate just what you said.

Who is our Coach?

This team reminds me of a quote Larry Merchant said about Jermain Taylor once:

All most critics say is "Look at all the chinks in that armor."  But  I say "Damn, look at all that armor."

There are some things we don't do well.  But there are a lot of things we do well.  Most of all, win close games.  I am tickled to death to be 16-4.  Happy for CMA.  Happy for the program.  Feels good to be relevant.  If we could just cut back on the bonehead plays, some of these games might not be quite so close.  My blood pressure would be better, and my TV wouldn't get cussed out so much. 

Mick Hogger

They may not be the best team we've ever had, but they're the best we have had in a long while. If they've been struggling because of illness, maybe the best is yet to come. I hope like hell so. This program needs it.

Go Hogs!
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

popcornhog

Quote from: Thepigdoctor on January 28, 2015, 08:48:06 pm
I believe my posts indicate just what you said.

I was overstating the problem. Obviously we have plenty of reasonable fans, some of whom post in jump ball.

But the vast majority resort to such simplified hyperbole in their hatred or love for the staff and the system. It's absurd.
WPS

hoglady

The thing is - Anderson gets very little credit for all he's done.
The basketball program was a dysfunctional cesspool when he arrived after Pelphrey and Heath. It appears he's cleaned it up, players are going to class, staying out of trouble, few suspensions and no arrests the last few years that I can remember. We have an NCAA caliber team this year for the first time in forever.
Give the man some credit. MA is not perfect - but he does a lot of things right.
The program as a whole and the team are much improved from the day he set foot on campus.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

secfan30

Nice find. We are doing better than some would like to admit.

Let's add Floridia and Kentucky to that road win list and we will have a nice resume.

CattleCorn

Ugh, why does every Jump Ball thread turn into a referendum on CMA?  Can't we just have one poll thread stickied at the top that says CMA: is he Jesus or Satan?

popcornhog

Quote from: secfan30 on January 29, 2015, 09:38:52 am
Nice find. We are doing better than some would like to admit.

Let's add Floridia and Kentucky to that road win list and we will have a nice resume.

I'll be in Lexington and would love to win that game, but absent a fluke/miracle/best game of the year, it's very unlikely.

Getting the win at YF and closing the road schedule out with a 3-3 mark would be great for the resume though, too.

WPS
WPS

alaback

Quote from: hoglady on January 29, 2015, 09:34:17 am
The thing is - Anderson gets very little credit for all he's done.
The basketball program was a dysfunctional cesspool when he arrived after Pelphrey and Heath. It appears he's cleaned it up, players are going to class, staying out of trouble, few suspensions and no arrests the last few years that I can remember. We have an NCAA caliber team this year for the first time in forever.
Give the man some credit. MA is not perfect - but he does a lot of things right.
The program as a whole and the team are much improved from the day he set foot on campus.

Good post!

What we have now is what I like to call a "healthy" program.  Mike has a done a great job of restoring the culture and what it takes to be a consistent winning program.  Are we among the elites yet? No?  What we do have is a program on the rise that will continue to rise with strong leadership.  I feel we have that leadership.

The OP pointed out a great feel good stat, but I have a feeling that bigger and better things are on the horizon.  A more impressive stat, in my opinion, is two years in a row that we've won three games on the road.  Mike's teams prior to Arkansas have a history of coming together in February and March.  We may not win today, but going into February at 16-5 has my feeling pretty optimistic.  17-4 will be awesome though and 4 road wins at this stage would exceed any expectation I had at the beginning off the year.

Go Hogs!

razorbackkid

Proof that Mike is God.

-FCJ

-pretty much nobody.

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.