Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PA system at Bud Walton Arena

Started by Franchise_Hog, January 28, 2015, 03:03:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Franchise_Hog

I used to be a regular at BWA.  But I live in LR and have very young children, so it has been difficult to make many games the past couple of years.  Anyway, myself and a few friends drove up for the Tennessee game last night.  What in the world is going on with the PA system?  Seriously, all of us commented on it.  It was terrible...muffled, couldn't hear anything clearly.  With all the money that gets pumped into athletic facilities, can we not get new speakers for the Basketball Palace of Mid-America?  Anyone else feel the same way or have insight with the situation?

b_stackhouse

I noticed it last night as well. Thought it might be the new (was new to me anyway. How long has he been doing it?) PA guy. Maybe he is holding the mic too close to his mouth.

Hogberry Snortcake

Regular PA guy is out temporarily.  New guy was eating frito pie. 

jeramyaupton

From what I understand the MC for TENN game was a local radio personality. However, he does the gymbacks meets at Barnhill so he's experienced in the arena settings. Shouldn't be that much different.

cmhogn

Sounded like Charlie Brown's teacher. Could not understand the PA all night. After the game was over stayed in my seat to listen to post game but even with 200-300 in the arena I still couldn't understand it so I left.

dsims2k3

If they ever  decide to update the PA system. It should be modeled after Michigan's arena. It is really nice.
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

caneybuck

It's been like this for the last two or three years or maybe more.  When they used to send out the survey/commit forms after each game I would complain about the PA system every time.  It did absolutely no good! Maybe next year. 

3kgthog

I wondered why I saw the awful Jon Williams in the announcer's spot on radio row.

Danny J

Also need to upgrade the TV's.....they are beyond outdated and HORRIBLE. Make em bigger and HD.....please.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Franchise_Hog on January 28, 2015, 03:03:43 pm
I used to be a regular at BWA.  But I live in LR and have very young children, so it has been difficult to make many games the past couple of years.  Anyway, myself and a few friends drove up for the Tennessee game last night.  What in the world is going on with the PA system?  Seriously, all of us commented on it.  It was terrible...muffled, couldn't hear anything clearly.  With all the money that gets pumped into athletic facilities, can we not get new speakers for the Basketball Palace of Mid-America?  Anyone else feel the same way or have insight with the situation?

And fix the lighting while they're at it?

vol_in_ar

maybe they would if more folks showed up
pretty small turnout last night

acey33

Quote from: vol_in_ar on January 28, 2015, 10:51:44 pm
maybe they would if more folks showed up
pretty small turnout last night

and that's why it's called Bud WALTON Arena...The place just turned 20 yrs old and is due for some UPGRADES...WPS

and between the Walton's and Tyson's this shouldn't be a problem