Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach Anderson is not a good Xs and Os coach but if

Started by nwahogfan1, January 28, 2015, 09:33:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

choppedporkextrasauce

Quote from: HF#1 on January 28, 2015, 10:21:26 am
Losing Allen to Florida isn't good.  We need all three.
you can't lose what was never yours.

Dirty

Quote from: BBsTheMan on January 28, 2015, 03:58:50 pm
You decided to start this thread after we move to 16-4 and 5-2 in conference? Good Lord, our fans are ridiculous.

THIS!!!!)

tophawg19

year 4 was supposed to be our year . year 5 looks like we may have to rebuild again although not as bad as year 1
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on January 28, 2015, 09:33:24 am
he would recruit more players who can run his unorthodox style better then he would be more successful and more fans will be in his camp.

So I lay fault on Anderson recruitment of players who are not real good at running his system more than anything else.  His guards and forwards are not gifted enough either athletically or skills to run his system.  He needs those long athletic players who can create offense for themselves and others plus put defensive pressure on the offense with their length and athleticism.  I think Whitt will be that player but it has been 4 years.   Now I want to see more so  who else will he bring on board.  If he fails on Monk I think fans will be jumping all over him.  He needs to recruit better or he will further lose fan support.

You picked up smite number 126 from me, buddy. 

I've seen a lot of posts in here lately.  A lot.  I can't say anything nice about yours so I am not going to say anything. 

PonderinHog

Quote from: exit followed by a boar on January 28, 2015, 02:49:21 pm
A.  Every coach in the country wants what you just described.  I seriously doubt MA is overlooking them.  they don't grow on trees. Especially forwards who meet this description.

B.  Qualls is athletic.

EFBAB
Yeah, I know!   ;)  I forgot minimum 44" vertical...

Danny J

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 28, 2015, 02:27:52 pm
Really?

All I ever see is how great Whitt is and that's why we don't need Allen. I think the general consensus is that we have a stud in Whitt. I'm afraid people don't quite realize what we're going to be missing in Allen. The two would have been dynamite together and paired with Anton Beard (and maybe Nick Babb).
Wasn't a knock on you but people in general who really don't realize how good he is. I also agree we need to sign Allen and would love for that to happen but right now it doesn't look very likely.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Danny J on January 28, 2015, 06:05:12 pm
Wasn't a knock on you but people in general who really don't realize how good he is. I also agree we need to sign Allen and would love for that to happen but right now it doesn't look very likely.

But what I'm saying is, how many posters really don't know or haven't heard how good he is? Seems like just about everyone is expecting a stud to show up, almost to the point of an Alandise Harris-type overhyping situation.

jesterzzn

Quote from: Hoggish1 on January 28, 2015, 12:06:14 pm
No, I don't think that's it.  Have you been comfortable watching these last 10 games?  I'm not involved anymore because I've resigned myself that every game will come down to the wire with an equal chance for a win or loss.  So, I try to watch with as little passion as possible to keep from getting too involved.  I try to take everything in stride to ease the angst.

Our games should not always be up for grabs.

This has to be the most unintentionally ironic post that I've seen in quite a while.  I'm actually impressed.

nwahogfan1

We have been very lucky in several games even 2 at home with Bama and Tn.  Those lucky wins usually even themselves out by year end. 

I just don't have much faith in this team to win games they are suppose to win.  We should beat Florida but I don't have faith we will.  Too many holes in our defense gives away easy points. 

We will see but to me if CMA wants to win with pressure defense then he needs to sign long athletic kids that love to be bull dogs and get after you night in and night out. 

hogifino

Anderson is exactly what we hired a winner whose style drives so called purists crazy.  He wins and is winning and his teams play hard. I personally am not a big fan of his style but wasn't with Nolan's either.  I think if people would honestly remember Nolan drove most crazy too with the exception of his teams who were dominating. 16-4 ain't shabby!

passinghog

What an embarrassing thread. There are multiple ways to skin a cat

choppedporkextrasauce

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on January 28, 2015, 09:33:24 am
he would recruit more players who can run his unorthodox style better then he would be more successful and more fans will be in his camp.

So I lay fault on Anderson recruitment of players who are not real good at running his system more than anything else.  His guards and forwards are not gifted enough either athletically or skills to run his system.  He needs those long athletic players who can create offense for themselves and others plus put defensive pressure on the offense with their length and athleticism.  I think Whitt will be that player but it has been 4 years.   Now I want to see more so  who else will he bring on board.  If he fails on Monk I think fans will be jumping all over him.  He needs to recruit better or he will further lose fan support.

Whaaaaaa whaaaaaaaaaa whaaaaaaaa.

Danny J

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 28, 2015, 06:14:16 pm
But what I'm saying is, how many posters really don't know or haven't heard how good he is? Seems like just about everyone is expecting a stud to show up, almost to the point of an Alandise Harris-type overhyping situation.
I know you know this but he is more akin to BJ than Harris in terms of talent. I don't think over-hyping will be an issue.

Thepigdoctor

Thepigdoctor

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on January 28, 2015, 07:34:05 pm
We have been very lucky in several games even 2 at home with Bama and Tn.  Those lucky wins usually even themselves out by year end. 

I just don't have much faith in this team to win games they are suppose to win.  We should beat Florida but I don't have faith we will.  Too many holes in our defense gives away easy points. 

We will see but to me if CMA wants to win with pressure defense then he needs to sign long athletic kids that love to be bull dogs and get after you night in and night out.

Lucky wins, crushing wins, escape wins, who cares, the key word is wins...and that's what the Hogs have done 16 times this year. Even the best teams play bad games, have poor stretches, look out of sorts, but the difference between a good team and a bad team? Wins.

jesterzzn

Quote from: Thepigdoctor on January 28, 2015, 08:41:17 pm
Lucky wins, crushing wins, escape wins, who cares, the key word is wins...and that's what the Hogs have done 16 times this year. Even the best teams play bad games, have poor stretches, look out of sorts, but the difference between a good team and a bad team? Wins.

Not good enough.  Can't you see some posters are experiencing discomfort?!  I mean we could win or lose the game!  Either one could happen!!!  ARE YOU PEOPLE NOT LISTENING!!!   WE MIGHT LOSE BUT RARELY DO!!!  THIS IS TOO MUCH FOR ME TO TAKE AHHHHHHHHHHH!

Dirty

Quote from: OTR on January 28, 2015, 05:19:33 pm
You picked up smite number 126 from me, buddy. 

I've seen a lot of posts in here lately.  A lot.  I can't say anything nice about yours so I am not going to say anything. 

+1

ishankem

Atlhogfan1

Mike understands X's and O's.  He is a good basketball coach. 

His flaw is his stubbornness which shows up in many areas.  We all have our flaws.  You can look at other coaches and pick out theirs.  Bielema's seems to be his brashness at times.  Petrino had a few - selfishness, arrogance, stubborness.  Nutt's was insecurity along with a few others. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Swinesong1

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 28, 2015, 10:58:52 pm
Mike understands X's and O's.  He is a good basketball coach. 

His flaw is his stubbornness which shows up in many areas.  We all have our flaws.  You can look at other coaches and pick out theirs.  Bielema's seems to be his brashness at times.  Petrino had a few - selfishness, arrogance, stubborness.  Nutt's was insecurity along with a few others.
Something we can agree on.

bigredone

Quote from: rude1 on January 28, 2015, 11:23:32 am
Just wonder what is the criteria for making one a ''good X & O coach?

Most likely a little less pigmentation would help those types. Nolan had his detractors, too.

AWHAWG

Quote from: jesterzzn on January 28, 2015, 08:48:55 pm
Not good enough.  Can't you see some posters are experiencing discomfort?!  I mean we could win or lose the game!  Either one could happen!!!  ARE YOU PEOPLE NOT LISTENING!!!   WE MIGHT LOSE BUT RARELY DO!!!  THIS IS TOO MUCH FOR ME TO TAKE AHHHHHHHHHHH!
If we continue to win this could get really bad. Maybe they could get rid of overtime and  we could play for the tie. 

HoustonwehaveaProblem

Quote from: HF#1 on January 28, 2015, 10:22:14 am
If I'm Mike Anderson, I sell the farm to get Monk.

Don't be surprised if Marcus ends up on staff

hogman99