Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anthlon Bell shooting

Started by cableguy, January 28, 2015, 08:57:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

cableguy

Since last year and even more this year, I notice when Bell fakes the 3 and dribbles in for the midrange jumper it's money almost every time. Bell shoots a lot softer when he doesn't have to rush his shot. I think Bell can help the team more by taking more midrange shots and less 3 pointers. Bell midrange shooting was key in our win last night.

The_Iceman

I agree. He looks to be shooting with too much effort from 3. He needs to slow down and focus on the shot, instead of just launching them from 3. Like you said, on the midrange shots, he is more focused on his touch.

PonderinHog

He actually has pretty good touch around the basket.  The "teardrops" usually goes in.

MikePiazza

In SEC games, he's 7 for 33 from behind the arc (21.2%). That's got to change if this team wants to make a run in March.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

bigred223

Bell gets in his own head too much. If he misses his first three, he tends to not shoot well from there the rest of the game. He needs to just play within the team and shoot in rhythm. He's a very good shooter when he does that.

Hogbody

His shot is real pretty, hasn't been falling lately though

Bunch have been halfway down

b_stackhouse

He is certainly in a slump from 3. In his last 3 games, he is 1-13. His mid range game does seem a lot better during this span. I have noticed him catching the ball without being ready to shoot. He hasn't been in good rhythm. When he ball fakes the 3, steps inside the arc, and takes a mid range, he seems to be in better rhythm.

At any rate, the Hogs really need him to knock down 3s. His defense isn't good enough to leave him in the game if he isn't knocking down shots.

mbgrulz

Its gotta be frustrating to CMA, because you'd like to think he can get it going, but how long do you give him to start hitting some shots? Anton seems to be a more consistent shooter from 3 at this point.

popcornhog

Quote from: cableguy on January 28, 2015, 08:57:06 am
Since last year and even more this year, I notice when Bell fakes the 3 and dribbles in for the midrange jumper it's money almost every time. Bell shoots a lot softer when he doesn't have to rush his shot. I think Bell can help the team more by taking more midrange shots and less 3 pointers. Bell midrange shooting was key in our win last night.

Agreed. And honestly, if his first 3-4 attempts in a game were mid range jumpers, the three ball would probably start falling more easily. It's largely mental.
WPS

Sportster365

Bell looked a bit timid last night and unsure of himself.  You simply cant perform well like that. If he had just an ounce of the confidence and swagger of an Anton Beard he'd be quite effective.

Amityvillehogger

Like some have said, I truly hope he finds it soon. He has been ice cold. He's gotten some great looks over the last few games.

Qualls has missed quite a few the last few games. He finally hit a big one late last night.

Right now, my clutch needed 3 point shot would go to Beard. Guy is stroking the net right now.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

HF#1

Hopefully experience will breed consistency.  We need him to shoot it well...
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

k.c.hawg

Really struggling from the 3 but made a couple of big mid range shots @ money time last night. Hopefully that keeps his head up and his 3 ball will start falling. We really need some of those 9 point bursts that he is capable of putting on a team in a 5 minute period.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

twistitup

I was worried when clicking on this subject......NOOOO, don't tell me someone was involved in a shooting.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

PonderinHog

Quote from: twistitup on January 28, 2015, 11:03:21 am
I was worried when clicking on this subject......NOOOO, don't tell me someone was involved in a shooting.
Nothing to see here.  He missed...

Arazorbackguy1

He's never been as good as advertised. 
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

The_Iceman

I still think he is a better fit off the bench.

PonderinHog

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 28, 2015, 12:21:24 pm
I still think he is a better fit off the bench.
Off or on.  He's one of the many on this team that most of us would like to see succeed.