Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyndall

Started by Polecat, January 27, 2015, 10:19:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwight_K_Shrute

Tyndall is a rounder anyway.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Wildhog

He looks like Mike Huckabee and Houston Nutt shat out a love child.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

hoglady

Quote from: Wildhog on January 28, 2015, 04:43:01 pm

I knew he reminded me of someone.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

regi

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on January 28, 2015, 03:37:25 pm
No you weren't. Here are the SEC standings right now:

1. Kentucky (John Calipari)
t-2. Arkansas (Mike Anderson)
t-2. Georgia (Mark Fox)
t-2. Texas A&M (Billy Kennedy)
5. LSU (Johnny Jones)
t-6. Tennessee (Donnie Tyndall)
t-6. Florida (Billy Donovan)
8. Ole Miss (Andy Kennedy)
9. Alabama (Anthony Grant)
10. Mississippi State (Rick Ray)

11. Auburn (Bruce Pearl)
t-12. South Carolina (Frank Martin)
t-12. Missouri (Kim Anderson)
14. Vanderbilt (Kevin Stallings)

The bolded coaches are the ones you identified that you wouldn't want. When it was pointed out to you that all of those coaches are the SEC's black coaches, you defended it saying you were "only looking at the standings," even though the 4 worst teams in the conference are actually coached by white guys.

C'mon guys, we're better than this.

Thanks for the work, I was way to lazy to do all that.

hogfan10

Quote from: regi on January 27, 2015, 11:36:31 pm
You accidently included a 15-4 Coach in with the three other Black Coaches assuming they were all at the bottom of the standings? Oh. okay

Actually someone else threw Jone's name in the hat. Why are you trying to make something more out of his statement than what it appeared to be. All criticism of Anderson isn't race based, at least I don't think it is.

Well just read the rest of the thread, you might be on to something; but I hope not.

hogfan10

Quote from: azhog10 on January 28, 2015, 07:30:48 am
He did, but he also had a turnover that gave Tenner a chance to tie. He is literally the definition of "take the good with the bad". I also don't understand in what world does Portis and Harris think it's a good idea to try to go block a layup and leave open a guy to take the only shot that can tie the ball game instead of giving up the layup.

Especially after giving up an and 1 in that situation just two games prior.

dsims2k3

Quote from: hogfan10 on January 28, 2015, 09:12:14 pm
Actually someone else threw Jone's name in the hat. Why are you trying to make something more out of his statement than what it appeared to be. All criticism of Anderson isn't race based, at least I don't think it is.

Well just read the rest of the thread, you might be on to something; but I hope not.

He included Johnny Jones too. Look at post #17.
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

Fayettechill14

Quote from: hogfan10 on January 28, 2015, 09:12:14 pm

I think that poster was conforming to the stereotype that black coaches don't teach fundamentals well, and that they are "motivators" instead. Nolan ranted against that. It's rooted in generally harmless, latent racism. Not as much "racist" like an evil person, but more stereotypical of black coaches.

For all the talk about Frank Martin being a great fundamental, X's and O's coach, he's made almost no headway at South Carolina in his third season. They lost to LSU tonight to fall to 1-6 in SEC play. He's 10-33 in conference play for his SC career.

hogfan10

Quote from: dsims2k3 on January 28, 2015, 09:32:01 pm
He included Johnny Jones too. Look at post #17.

Someone else offered up JJ, he just accepted the offer. Either way he seems to be digging himself a hole the more he types.

Iwastherein1969

all I know about Tyndall is that he called a beautiful set play to get an open look at a 3pointer to tie the game...Tyndall new our leapers and Bigs love blocking shots, even to the point of trying to block a penetrating guard who is about to shoot a layup for two points when his team had to have 3 points to stay in the game...Tyndall knew our Bigs would fly to a penetrating guard to get the huge meaningless block and leave the corner 3 wide open....sure enough, we did exactly what we shouldn't do and send 3 guys to block a meaningless 2 and left the corner totally uncovered....we were lucky UT missed that shot....that was a great set play based on Tyndall knowing that the Hogs aren't the smartest team around....can you see Lee Mayberry or Sidney Moncrief leaving his man at the 3 point line in order to try to block a 2 point shot which was meaningless as far as the outcome of the game ?  this team just doesn't play intelligent basketball at times...I couldn't believe what I was seeing against UT on that final set play, but then again, after second thought, yes I could. Why would I expect anything different ?
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

PonderinHog

Quote from: regi on January 27, 2015, 11:38:50 pm
Per Tyndall, that is not how the play was set up or called, his point guard read the defense and improvised.
SIAP

hogfan10

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on January 28, 2015, 09:39:29 pm
I think that poster was conforming to the stereotype that black coaches don't teach fundamentals well, and that they are "motivators" instead. Nolan ranted against that. It's rooted in generally harmless, latent racism. Not as much "racist" like an evil person, but more stereotypical of black coaches.

For all the talk about Frank Martin being a great fundamental, X's and O's coach, he's made almost no headway at South Carolina in his third season. They lost to LSU tonight to fall to 1-6 in SEC play. He's 10-33 in conference play for his SC career.

First off, Frank Martin had the good fortune of inheriting some great recruits that Huggins left behind. Other than those years with those recruits, I'm not aware of any sustained success from him.

Secondly, just because a poster questions a black coaches ability to "teach" fundamental basketball, that doesn't make he/she a racists. I think there are several and probably many (I don't know who every coach is) black coaches that people would agree are great "teachers of the game" (read traditional).
Examples would be: John Thompson, John Chaney, Tubby Smith, Clem Haskins to name a few.

Iwastherein1969

wait a minute....I guarantee you they called a play to allow the guard to penetrate and kick it out to the open man...if you think different, you don't know basketball....UT had to have a 3-ball, two points does them no good and yet one penetrating guard drew three, yes count them, 3 Hogs trying to block his meaningless deuce which left the perimeter wide ass open...dare I say that most good teams would have not left their man on the perimeter in order to try and block a meaningless lay up ?....whoever figured it out, Tyndall or the guard who carried the ball to the rim, doesn't matter, it was still the same lack of basketball IQ that sucked in 60% of our team to the lane to try and block a layup, that if made, would have left UT still a point short of a win....Obvious is obvious

lefty08

There are people in this world that actually believe tyndall drew up that play for the open 3? Wait a second, I just saw Bigfoot riding the loch Ness monster while being chased by a ufo
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: lefty08 on January 28, 2015, 10:02:33 pm
There are people in this world that actually believe tyndall drew up that play for the open 3? Wait a second, I just saw Bigfoot riding the loch Ness monster while being chased by a ufo
Lefty...this is like shooting fish in a barrel...seriously, why do you think the UT player set up in the deep corner ? as a decoy so UT could score the deuce and lose by 1 or more ?  what likely went down is that Tyndell spread the court with his best 3-ball shooters and told his best ball handler to take the shot if given and if he couldn't get a 3 pointer off to drive and look to kick the ball out....makes ZERO sense any other way...so whether it was Tyndell calling that very play or something hybrid happening based on how the Hogs played defense, it doesnt matter, the point is that UT got an uncontested, open look at a 3 point shot while 60% of our defenders were trying to make Sports Center Top 10 by blocking the shot by the penetrating UT player....anyway you slice it, we looked silly and got lucky for the second game in a row...the defense must tighten up, it has to or we won't go far from here on out

PonderinHog

Quote from: lefty08 on January 28, 2015, 10:02:33 pm
I specifically heard Tyndall say, "I called that play, brotha!"  Wait, that might have been somebody else.   :-[

azhog10

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on January 28, 2015, 09:47:10 pm
all I know about Tyndall is that he called a beautiful set play to get an open look at a 3pointer to tie the game...
Thats funny considering Tyndall stated in his presser that wasn't what he drew up and Richardson made a great play. 

lefty08

Quote from: azhog10 on January 28, 2015, 10:16:16 pm
Thats funny considering Tyndall stated in his presser that wasn't what he drew up and Richardson made a great play.

Facts have no place on here
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: azhog10 on January 28, 2015, 10:16:16 pm
you can't see the forest for the tree's...does it matter who did or didn't call the play ? are you trying to tell me that Tyndell didn't set up where his players were to be located on the play ? surely you don't think that Tyndell or any other coach would say, give Jim the ball and everyone just hang out somewhere...that's horse manure..look, if we are to continue our winning ways against better teams, more than half of your team cannot leave their assignment on defense in order to try to block a lay-up which would have given the Vols a one point loss...we just aren't playing smart basketball right now and against the better teams, we will have to play a much more intelligent brand of basketball to get the wins

Cresthog

Holy god there is so much ignorance and fail in this thread.

We don't even deserve Mike.

SexyBeast must be out in the barn with his favorite pig or goat.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: lefty08 on January 28, 2015, 10:22:28 pm
Facts have no place on here
I can see that you've never been in a basketball huddle during a time-out in your whole life...you were the guy up in the stands in high school who kept trying to get one of your buddies to go burn one down in the men's bathroom...basketball plays are rarely run exactly to specs as football plays are...I can tell I'm wasting my breath here

Swinesong1

Quote from: Cresthog on January 28, 2015, 10:25:49 pm
Holy god there is so much ignorance and fail in this thread.

We don't even deserve Mike.

SexyBeast must be out in the barn with his favorite pig or goat.
No.  He's just ashamed to show his face right now.  I think it's hilarious. 

Swinesong1

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on January 28, 2015, 10:28:10 pm
I can see that you've never been in a basketball huddle during a time-out in your whole life...you were the guy up in the stands in high school who kept trying to get one of your buddies to go burn one down in the men's bathroom...basketball plays are rarely run exactly to specs as football plays are...I can tell I'm wasting my breath here
I went back and watched the presser (well one.  Don't know how many Tyndall had) and he said Hubbs was the second option.  Guess technically, it was a called play.http://www.volnation.com/freaknotes/2015/01/28/vols-lose-heartbreaker-at-arkansas-highlights-and-presser-video/

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Swinesong1 on January 28, 2015, 10:30:58 pm
I went back and watched the presser (well one.  Don't know how many Tyndall had) and he said Hubbs was the second option.  Guess technically, it was a called play.
yeah, why would the driving UT player want to make a deuce ?  they lose the game if he takes that shot...another thing, say one of our 3 players who joined the paratroopers club trying to block what would have been a meaningless deuce actually did block the shot, what the ball likey does is head back outside and yet another UT player gets a chance at a 3...the defensive call is for everyone except the center to guard the perimeter and do not, under any circumstances leave your man....we did exactly what a sound defensive team wouldn't do and got away with it....all I'm saying is that I hope CMA can correct these type of mistakes....somehow, I just don't see the 1978 to 1996 hogs pulling a bonehead mistake like that at the end of a game

CapitalCityHawg

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on January 28, 2015, 10:38:17 pm
yeah, why would the driving UT player want to make a deuce ?  they lose the game if he takes that shot...another thing, say one of our 3 players who joined the paratroopers club trying to block what would have been a meaningless deuce actually did block the shot, what the ball likey does is head back outside and yet another UT player gets a chance at a 3...the defensive call is for everyone except the center to guard the perimeter and do not, under any circumstances leave your man....we did exactly what a sound defensive team wouldn't do and got away with it....all I'm saying is that I hope CMA can correct these type of mistakes....somehow, I just don't see the 1978 to 1996 hogs pulling a bonehead mistake like that at the end of a game

The game wouldn't have been over if they took that 2.  If they made it they would have fouled us, put us on the line, and likely gotten the ball back down 1 to 3 points.

hoglady

Tyndall drew up the play for the guard to penetrate - he was supposed to throw the ball to the guy set up on his left (who was covered) / guard penetrated deep with nowhere to go then he saw that Harris had left his man in the other corner so that's where he went with the ball.
Harris stays on his man and they don't get that shot off.
Anderson told his players in the huddle not to leave the 3 point shooter - Harris made a mistake.
(Funny thing, if Harris doesn't leave his man everyone would be saying what a horrible play drawn up by Tyndall)
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

lefty08

Quote from: hoglady on January 29, 2015, 09:12:04 am
Tyndall drew up the play for the guard to penetrate - he was supposed to throw the ball to the guy set up on his left (who was covered) / guard penetrated deep with nowhere to go then he saw that Harris had left his man in the other corner so that's where he went with the ball.
Anderson told his players in the huddle not to leave the 3 point shooter - Harris made a mistake.
(Funny thing, if Harris doesn't leave his man everyone would be saying what a horrible play drawn up by Tyndall)

Ironically the guy did exactly what people on here complain about Madden doing, just was able to find a man last minute. He drove.in expecting an easy 2 pointer, there is no doubt in my mind about that

Cresthog

We're fairly predictable about leading our man and going for the hollywood backside block that hardly ever happens.

azhog10

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on January 28, 2015, 10:25:16 pm
you can't see the forest for the tree's...does it matter who did or didn't call the play ? are you trying to tell me that Tyndell didn't set up where his players were to be located on the play ? surely you don't think that Tyndell or any other coach would say, give Jim the ball and everyone just hang out somewhere...that's horse manure..look, if we are to continue our winning ways against better teams, more than half of your team cannot leave their assignment on defense in order to try to block a lay-up which would have given the Vols a one point loss...we just aren't playing smart basketball right now and against the better teams, we will have to play a much more intelligent brand of basketball to get the wins
Agreed defensively we didn't do what we were supposed to. They were coached to stay at home and don't leave their man. I guess we view the whole drawing up a play a little differently. I obviously was mistaken, but I will have to go back and try to find the interview I saw where Tyndall mentioned that the play wasn't set up for the three in the corner as the main play. I also don't think a high ball screen and drive to the rim as a "set". Richardson going to the rim was the first option. As others have said why would that be your first option. If the three was the 2nd option then yes I think Tyndall is nuts. A three should have been the only look you wanted, not the 2nd.

azhog10

And this is my point. The play wasn't for the look that they got. It was our stupidity that led to that open look. Tyndall was not looking for that guy to shoot that shot. He was more than satisfied with the look they got. But to act like he drew up that exact play for that exact shots is nuts.

Back to my original point that Richardson made that play, along with help from Harris.

LR Hog

Quote from: Wildhog on January 28, 2015, 04:43:01 pm

With a little Bill Vickery mixed in there.
Like a boss.

ErieHog

Quote from: LR Hog on January 29, 2015, 11:15:07 am
With a little Bill Vickery mixed in there.

Don't forget Grandpa Sloth

No cause, ever, in the history of all mankind, has produced more cold-blooded tyrants, more slaughtered innocents, and more orphans than socialism with power. It surpassed, exponentially, all other systems of production in turning out the dead. The bodies are all around us. And here is the problem: No one talks about them. No one honors them. No one does penance for them. No one has committed suicide for having been an apologist for those who did this to them. No one pays for them. No one is hunted down to account for them. It is exactly what Solzhenitsyn foresaw in The Gulag Archipelago: "No, no one would have to answer. No one would be looked into." Until that happens, there is no "after socialism."

mbgrulz

Hogville and its love for theatrical/animated sideline coaches...smfh!

Frank Martin, Bruce Pearl, and Donnie Tyndall are god's gift to coaching according to some on here.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on January 28, 2015, 03:37:25 pm
No you weren't. Here are the SEC standings right now:

1. Kentucky (John Calipari)
t-2. Arkansas (Mike Anderson)
t-2. Georgia (Mark Fox)
t-2. Texas A&M (Billy Kennedy)
5. LSU (Johnny Jones)
t-6. Tennessee (Donnie Tyndall)
t-6. Florida (Billy Donovan)
8. Ole Miss (Andy Kennedy)
9. Alabama (Anthony Grant)
10. Mississippi State (Rick Ray)

11. Auburn (Bruce Pearl)
t-12. South Carolina (Frank Martin)
t-12. Missouri (Kim Anderson)
14. Vanderbilt (Kevin Stallings)

The bolded coaches are the ones you identified that you wouldn't want. When it was pointed out to you that all of those coaches are the SEC's black coaches, you defended it saying you were "only looking at the standings," even though the 4 worst teams in the conference are actually coached by white guys.

C'mon guys, we're better than this.

I'm glad you itemized it like you did.  I always wondered about both Pearl and Martin.  Addicted to tanning beds?  Of mixed race?  Inquiring minds want to know.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Fayettechill14

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 29, 2015, 11:45:05 am
I'm glad you itemized it like you did.  I always wondered about both Pearl and Martin.  Addicted to tanning beds?  Of mixed race?  Inquiring minds want to know.

Frank Martin is part Hispanic, if I'm not mistaken. No idea about Pearl. He's from Boston, so it might be a spray tan.

Cresthog

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on January 29, 2015, 01:19:44 pm
Frank Martin is part Hispanic, if I'm not mistaken. No idea about Pearl. He's from Boston, so it might be a spray tan.

Is Cuban considered hispanic these days?

If we're going to be proper racist here and all?

Fayettechill14

Quote from: Cresthog on January 29, 2015, 01:23:38 pm
Is Cuban considered hispanic these days?

If we're going to be proper racist here and all?

Cuban has always been Hispanic... Hispanic refers to people who are the cultural and linguistic descendants of original Spanish colonists in the new world. So, Mexican, all central and south American except Brazil and French Guyana, along with Cuba, Puerto Rico, the Dominican, and a couple of the Lesser Antilles, like Trinidad and Tobago.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: lefty08 on January 29, 2015, 10:24:17 am
Ironically the guy did exactly what people on here complain about Madden doing, just was able to find a man last minute. He drove.in expecting an easy 2 pointer, there is no doubt in my mind about that
with a 6'11" 245 lb back stop at the goal, the UT player drove inside looking for an easy deuce ?  LMMFAO....no such thing as an easy deuce with Portis closing down on you...the guy with the ball was the primary shooter, only if he had a good look at a 3...when he didn't get the screen and the look at a 3, he drove the lane and kicked...simple as that

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on January 29, 2015, 01:19:44 pm
Pearl is Jewish

Fayettechill14

Music City Razorback

Tyndall can't dance.  Just my opinion.
"Sure. I'm proud to be an American."
-Cincinnati Reds rookie pitcher Steve Foster, asked by a Canadian customs agent if he had anything to declare.

intelligence

lefty08

Is it just me or does he look like a Weebil wobble? Even his expression is the same. I'm gonna have nightmares now.

Hogimus Prime

He looks like a crooked used car salesman/small town southern preacher

onebadrubi

I believe it was Bo that had a pretty funny segment of his show of him and Dudley acting like him trying to get you to donate to his church.  Was pretty funny

cosmodrum

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on February 03, 2015, 07:40:03 pm
He looks like a crooked used car salesman/small town southern preacher

Yep. Dale + Huckabee = Donny
Go away, batin'

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: lefty08 on February 03, 2015, 07:38:34 pm
Is it just me or does he look like a Weebil wobble? Even his expression is the same. I'm gonna have nightmares now.

That's he guy Jumpball was ready to crown the next John Wooden the other night.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

stan the man

Goodyear tire guy or little doughboy

Pig Worshipper

He needs to stay away from Dippin Donuts.

jethro

Registered in 2003.

Least post per day average on this board.