Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Name one team...

Started by Iwastherein1969, September 16, 2017, 07:55:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Iwastherein1969

in the SEC we would be favored to beat on the road. And secondly, name one team in the SEC who we'd be favored to beat at home right now, 9/16/17 ?  If you think we would be favored over any team at home or away, please name the team and your opinion on what the betting line might be. Thank you.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Bacon_Bitz

Great thread by a great fan

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on September 16, 2017, 07:55:50 pm
Asking a question that should wake up the Hog fans like a cold splash of water in the face. You are shooting the messenger. It's not my fault and I'm as loyal of an Arkansas Razorback fan as you'll find. I just no longer wear 'rose colored glasses'.

jcbville

Russ22

Quote from: jcbville on September 16, 2017, 07:59:59 pm
A&M, Tenn, Florida
Hogs will be +7 to A&M when the line comes out.
For the latest Arkansas High School 7-on-7 football news:

http://7on7football.blogspot.com/

pigelow

rhames

Quote from: Russ22 on September 16, 2017, 08:01:12 pm

Naw. It will be +4.5 or +3.5
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

hehawg

#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

Hogs49ers

I lol'ed at "wake up the Hog fans".  Have you been on Hogville this last week???
SCREW Vandy!

Letsroll1200

Quote from: jcbville on September 16, 2017, 07:59:59 pm
A&M, Tenn, Florida

We wouldn't beat Tennessee and I doubt we would be favored to beat Florida

jcbville

Quote from: Russ22 on September 16, 2017, 08:01:12 pm

Ya he asked a weird question. Technically I don't know that we would be "officially favored" as of now for any of those on the road. But then he says give your opinion so I gave it.

Russ22

Quote from: rhames on September 16, 2017, 08:02:46 pm

Naw. It will be +4.5 or +3.5
Maybe. Danny Sheridan said he would put the line at 6 or 7 & pick A&M to win.

East TN HAWG

I think we beat A$M, MO, SC and MS.   We are not as bad as people are claiming on this board. 

rhames

Quote from: Russ22 on September 16, 2017, 08:05:10 pm
Maybe. Danny Sheridan said he would put the line at 6 or 7 & pick A&M to win.

Yeah I heard him say that on Bo's show. We shall see

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

RebHog

What I have observed so far this is the most unimpressive SEC teams I have seen in a while so we could be favored at home in a few.

Stewhog 11

Andrew Hogfan

I think we would beat Tenn.  Be favored against vandy,  Ken,  Miss
WPS!!!

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: RebHog on September 16, 2017, 08:08:59 pm
What I have observed so far this is the most unimpressive SEC teams I have seen in a while so we could be favored at home in a few.

We'll have to win a few first.  MO is the only one we'd likely be favored.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

rhames

If the hogs offense looks circa late 2015 early 2016, and the defense keeps improving things change dramatically.

JOKERHOG

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on September 16, 2017, 07:55:50 pm

True fans don't pretend everything is fine
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Hogs49ers on September 16, 2017, 08:03:01 pm

I lol'ed at "wake up the Hog fans".  Have you been on Hogville this last week???
The point I was trying to make is that a 3rd party, an expert 3rd party who has no dog in this fight quite likely thinks we are the worst team in the SEC. To me that's a forearm shiver to the solar plexus. We have some of the finest facilities in the SEC and yet we cannot get top shelf players. Our recruiting radius has shrunk considerably. Oh yeah, CBB will take a trip or two here or there on either coast but we seem quite satisfied to head down to FHS and do a lot of our recruiting. Nothing against Fayetteville High, but we will never contend in the SEC West with the FHS roster on the field.

Russ22

Akiel Byers says "hey" from Tuscaloosa. Maybe another trip or two to fhs would have been a good idea.

Russ22

a0ashle

Quote from: Hogs49ers on September 16, 2017, 08:03:01 pm

Add to that....

1) Hogville is a fraction of the fanbase, so at best they might rile up a message board, and in that case, good for them, have a cookie...
AND
2) we don't have an ounce of say in anything but our own attitudes.

a0ashle

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on September 16, 2017, 08:19:10 pm
The point I was trying to make is that a 3rd party, an expert 3rd party who has no dog in this fight quite likely thinks we are the worst team in the SEC. To me that's a forearm shiver to the solar plexus. We have some of the finest facilities in the SEC and yet we cannot get top shelf players. Our recruiting radius has shrunk considerably. Oh yeah, CBB will take a trip or two here or there on either coast but we seem quite satisfied to head down to FHS and do a lot of our recruiting. Nothing against Fayetteville High, but we will never contend in the SEC West with the FHS roster on the field.

All you did was throw out the question, you have no 3rd party, except the imaginary one you will throw when CBB leaves and you can't make it past the door on the first 2.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Russ22 on September 16, 2017, 08:21:48 pm
Akiel Byers says "hey" from Tuscaloosa. Maybe another trip or two to fhs would have been a good idea.

So the dude qualified?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

JaketheSnake

We are not the worst team in the SEC, or the SEC W.  We ARE still the best team in Arkansas. 

Reality and what you hope is truth, if it means we can get rid of CBB at the end of the season, are not the same.

East TN HAWG

Quote from: Russ22 on September 16, 2017, 08:21:48 pm

Mizzou played at home this week, so be probably saying from Columbia. 

JaketheSnake

Russ22

Quote from: East TN HAWG on September 16, 2017, 08:27:58 pm
Mizzou played at home this week, so be probably saying from Columbia. 
I forgot the mizzou thing. The point remains - SEC caliber player doesn't cross Stadium Dr to play for hogs.

East TN HAWG

Quote from: Russ22 on September 16, 2017, 08:36:54 pm
I forgot the mizzou thing. The point remains - SEC caliber player doesn't cross Stadium Dr to play for hogs.

Should have said Frazier says "hey" from Bama.  Byers was an academic risk.   Can't blame CBB on that one. 

thebignasty

we would be favored at misery right now

Probably toss up ole miss and vandy
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

factchecker

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on September 16, 2017, 08:03:25 pm
We wouldn't beat Tennessee and I doubt we would be favored to beat Florida

We beat Tennessee at Neyland when we were 1-3 with losses to Toledo and Texas Tech.  Tennessee was much better then too.

Oh.... and we kicked the ever living shittt out of Florida last season with one of our worst defenses in the history of Razorback football.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Letsroll1200

Quote from: East TN HAWG on September 16, 2017, 08:39:48 pm
Should have said Frazier says "hey" from Bama.  Byers was an academic risk.   Can't blame CBB on that one.

And Brown wasn't! He just arrived on campus, you cant have it both ways.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on September 16, 2017, 08:48:40 pm
And Brown wasn't! He just arrived on campus, you cant have it both ways.
Lets hear everything you know about the Byers situation and the Brown situation.  For some reason Brown still signed in a February, but Byers wasn't able to sign until almost summer.

I'm sure you are more familiar with their situations than the coaching staff was.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 16, 2017, 08:51:53 pm
Lets hear everything you know about the Byers situation and the Brown situation.  For some reason Brown still signed in a February, but Byers wasn't able to sign until almost summer.

I'm sure you are more familiar with their situations than the coaching staff was.

Can't say we didnt recruit Byers because of academics and turn around and sign Brown. That's all Im saying. Byers has been on campus for Mizzou without any issues.

depressed_fan

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on September 16, 2017, 07:55:04 pm
in the SEC we would be favored to beat on the road. And secondly, name one team in the SEC who we'd be favored to beat at home right now, 9/16/17 ?  If you think we would be favored over any team at home or away, please name the team and your opinion on what the betting line might be. Thank you.

We wouldn't be favored to beat anyone on the road except Maybe Missouri

vanderbilt, Kentucky, Missouri , Ole Miss, South Carolina we would be favored to beat at home. And that's with what we've seen just so far today.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on September 16, 2017, 08:57:37 pm
Can't say we didnt recruit Byers because of academics and turn around and sign Brown. That's all Im saying. Byers has been on campus for Mizzou without any issues.
I don't think it was a secret that there were more issues than academics.  But academics was an issue.  They staff apparently liked the risk/reward more with Brown.  That just doesn't fit some agendas arnd here right now.

tophawg19

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on September 16, 2017, 08:19:10 pm
No intelligent person thinks we are the worst team. Pure BS with an agenda . Mizzou , Vandy And the AG's are all playing worse . Half of the others are on par with us . there aren't but a couple decent QB's in the league right now
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

PossumFan

Unless you bet, who cares?

Hoggish1

LR_Matt

Great, now Vandy is better than us too.... they just beat #18 K-state.

PossumFan

Quote from: LR_Matt on September 16, 2017, 09:55:39 pm
Great, now Vandy is better than us too.... they just beat #18 K-state.

How does that make them better than us? Maybe K-State was overrated, ever think of that? Or maybe Vandy got a bunch of breaks. Or maybe K-state had an off game. A lot of possible explanations other than Vandy is better than us.

kiddhog

September 16, 2017, 10:21:35 pm #44 Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 10:38:59 pm by kiddhog
Quote from: PossumFan on September 16, 2017, 10:02:55 pm
How does that make them better than us? Maybe K-State was overrated, ever think of that? Or maybe Vandy got a bunch of breaks. Or maybe K-state had an off game. A lot of possible explanations other than Vandy is better than us.

we lost at home to number #23 TCU from  Big 12 , 28-7. Vandy just beat #18 KSU, from Big 12  at home 14-7. plus their  other two wins have been impressive. They play sound on offense and defense  ... so far the year. yes it's early but on paper their resume is much better than ours.

NorCalRazorback

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on September 16, 2017, 07:55:04 pm

Agree!  Amen!
"...and Decori Birmingham has caught it in the back of the end zone to tie it at 20 all with 9 seconds left..." 

Miracle on Markham '02
Arkansas 21 LSU 20

LR_Matt

Quote from: kiddhog on September 16, 2017, 10:21:35 pm
we lost at home to number #23 TCU from  Big 12 , 28-7. Vandy just beat #18 KSU, from Big 12  at home 14-7. plus their  other two wins have been impressive. They play sound on offense and defense  ... so far the year. yes it's early but on paper their resume is much better than ours.

Yep

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Russ22 on September 16, 2017, 08:36:54 pm

So Brandon Allen, Brooks Ellis, & AA aren't SEC caliber players?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

LR_Matt

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on September 17, 2017, 07:15:36 am
So Brandon Allen, Brooks Ellis, & AA aren't SEC caliber players?

The Allen's are nothing but a huge disappointment

root_hawg

TCU is 3-0 and ranked correct?  We have lost 1 game and you guys are ready to burn the place down and rebuild.   I guess its true "fan" does come from "fanactic".