Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wally's quote of the day.

Started by harrisburghog, September 21, 2017, 08:03:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Swestwill66

Did the money guys make that deal with BB without thinking they might have to pay the buyout at some point? The way the college football landscape is these days? It's hard to believe they would do that.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on September 23, 2017, 07:38:33 am
At some point, yes, Bret may be fired.  But it will not be this season and, chances are, it won't be next, either.  SO, at this point, all these threads about Bret being fired and about Jeff Long being fired are just a waste of time.
If you pay attention to what universities do in situations like Arkansas is in with its football program, Bielema absolutely will be fired at the end of THIS season if he ends up with another 3-5 SEC record or worse. And if worse, it will be easier to tell him good bye. 2-6 in 5th year after going 10-22 in first 4 years tells everyone that he cannot do it in the SEC. Plus, it will be the worst conference record over 5 years of all 14 SEC teams. We are not even Vandy or Missouri or SC or KY.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

bphi11ips

One hour to kickoff.  Wally picked the Hogs 31-21 yesterday.  I picked them 31 to 27 the day before.  Maybe there's something about that 31 number:

Arkansas 31 Florida 10
Arkansas 31 Oklahoma 6
Arkansas 31 Texas A&M 6

I have the same gut feeling this morning I had before those three games.  Maybe it's just the Nashville Hot Chicken I had for dinner, but I think the Hogs win today.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 23, 2017, 10:01:32 am
One hour to kickoff.  Wally picked the Hogs 31-21 yesterday.  I picked them 31 to 27 the day before.  Maybe there's something about that 31 number:

Arkansas 31 Florida 10
Arkansas 31 Oklahoma 6
Arkansas 31 Texas A&M 6

I have the same gut feeling this morning I had before those three games.  Maybe it's just the Nashville Hot Chicken I had for dinner, but I think the Hogs win today.
I think the 31 is right, but it is for the wrong team. A&M 31, Hogs 13.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 23, 2017, 09:49:49 am
If you pay attention to what universities do in situations like Arkansas is in with its football program, Bielema absolutely will be fired at the end of THIS season if he ends up with another 3-5 SEC record or worse. And if worse, it will be easier to tell him good bye. 2-6 in 5th year after going 10-22 in first 4 years tells everyone that he cannot do it in the SEC. Plus, it will be the worst conference record over 5 years of all 14 SEC teams. We are not even Vandy or Missouri or SC or KY.
I really think you are going to be so disappointed next year when BB returns after we go 3-5 in the SEC this year.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Karma on September 23, 2017, 10:07:58 am
I really think you are going to be so disappointed next year when BB returns after we go 3-5 in the SEC this year.
I won't be disappointed as much as I will be 100% disinterested. I'm 80% of the way there after 1 yr of John L and 4+ of Bret Bielema.

ricepig

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 23, 2017, 10:13:08 am
I won't be disappointed as much as I will be 100% disinterested. I'm 80% of the way there after 1 yr of John L and 4+ of Bret Bielema.

So, will that mean you won't be posting, since you're "disinterested"?

bphi11ips

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 23, 2017, 10:02:54 am
I think the 31 is right, but it is for the wrong team. A&M 31, Hogs 13.

I'll bet you a Father Rossi gear shift you're wrong.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: ricepig on September 23, 2017, 10:21:13 am
So, will that mean you won't be posting, since you're "disinterested"?
Definitely will not be catching up with you and your 40,000+ posts.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 23, 2017, 10:32:50 am
I'll bet you a Father Rossi gear shift you're wrong.
And I'll raise you a Fr John ten speed!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on September 21, 2017, 08:34:38 am
Since the Foundation is a totally separate entity form the U of A Athletic Department, I seriously doubt Long cared what they thought about it.

Wanna bet. I worked for someone on the board of the Foundation. He makes damn sure the foundation agrees to anything in the contract as far as if it relates to Foundation money and contracts. Long does not control the foundation. He has to to have a good working relationship with them as do all AD's at all schools and their respective fund raising organizations.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi