Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First Eagle

Started by b_stackhouse, September 25, 2017, 01:06:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

b_stackhouse

I made my first eagle this past Saturday. Hole 1 at Shifferdecker Golf Course in Joplin, MO. It's a 497 yard, dogleg left, par 5. My drive must've taken a great kick off the cart path, because I was in the middle of the fairway and had 171 yards to the pin. Hit my 2nd shot about 20' from the hole. Made the putt and was sitting at -2.

Any of ya'll remember your first eagle?

Hawg414

i remember my first back to back eagles.  does that count??  :)

it was a standard par 5 eagle... on in two, made the putt... then followed with holing a 6 iron approach on the par 4 next hole.  and it all seems like a million years ago.

GolfNut57

Quote from: b_stackhouse on September 25, 2017, 01:06:23 pm
I made my first eagle this past Saturday. Hole 1 at Shifferdecker Golf Course in Joplin, MO. It's a 497 yard, dogleg left, par 5. My drive must've taken a great kick off the cart path, because I was in the middle of the fairway and had 171 yards to the pin. Hit my 2nd shot about 20' from the hole. Made the putt and was sitting at -2.

Congrats. For those who have not had a hole in one and don't have the length to have a legit chance at a double eagle then making an eagle is the next big thrill. It is virtually the same as a hole in one if you score an eagle from a fairway shot. I have had several of those but just never have had the luck to make an Ace. Closest I have come to an Ace so far is on #12 at Mt Springs. Dumped first tee shot in the water, dropped a second ball on the teebox in disgust and hit it.................yeah......took one bounce on the green and rolled right into the hole. Club Pro said afterwards................"nice par".  >:(

As far as my first eagle it was at Rebsamen back in the late 80's before they renovated it. Hole #14, par 4. Hit lousy drive, skulled a 3W second shot that bounced and rolled all the way to the green and then rolled right into the hole for an eagle 2

So.....after starting -2 after the first hole what did you end up shooting?
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

b_stackhouse

Quote from: GolfNut57 on September 25, 2017, 03:44:33 pm
Congrats. For those who have not had a hole in one and don't have the length to have a legit chance at a double eagle then making an eagle is the next big thrill. It is virtually the same as a hole in one if you score an eagle from a fairway shot. I have had several of those but just never have had the luck to make an Ace. Closest I have come to an Ace so far is on #12 at Mt Springs. Dumped first tee shot in the water, dropped a second ball on the teebox in disgust and hit it.................yeah......took one bounce on the green and rolled right into the hole. Club Pro said afterwards................"nice par".  >:(

As far as my first eagle it was at Rebsamen back in the late 80's before they renovated it. Hole #14, par 4. Hit lousy drive, skulled a 3W second shot that bounced and rolled all the way to the green and then rolled right into the hole for an eagle 2

So.....after starting -2 after the first hole what did you end up shooting?

You had to ask, didn't you?? I shot a 82 (+11).

I didn't want to deal with the pressure of being under par, so I went ahead and made a double on 2. Pretty typical round for me after that.

Wildhog

I don't remember my first eagle.  I do remember my first double eagle, though.

Par 5 #9 at the Lions Club in El Dorado.  Holed out my second shot.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

userpick

Quote from: Wildhog on September 25, 2017, 03:53:39 pm
I don't remember my first eagle.  I do remember my first double eagle, though.

Par 5 #9 at the Lions Club in El Dorado.  Holed out my second shot.

I remember my first double eagle.

Wildhog

Quote from: userpick on September 25, 2017, 03:57:57 pm
I remember my first double eagle.

I don't have an ace.  Double eagle's all I've got to cling to.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

hawgon

I chipped in for eagle two days in a row in the same hole last year.

Arky

congrats man.........golf milestones are memorable as you progress..

Arky

Quote from: Wildhog on September 25, 2017, 04:44:07 pm
I don't have an ace.  Double eagle's all I've got to cling to.
I have double digit hole in 1's...been lucky & cost me a buncha money...but who gives a schit.....
is cosmo ok........noticed he was really pissed off after game

GolfNut57

Some of you turds on here are so old the only double eagle you had was the ones they used for money back in Civil War days.  ;)
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

joeyself

Yes, I remember my first one.   I drove the green on a par-4 (#8 at Sallisaw).  Dogleg left, but if playing the whites (which I did), I could fly a blind 5-wood onto the green.  Made a 15 footer for the 2.

And I remember my second one, same hole the next year. 

That would have been in the 90's.  I don't remember one since then, and I think I would.

JcS
"Real failure always starts with someone doing something stupid."  Anna Conroy in SLINGS AND ARROWS

kingofdequeen

Every eagle i've ever made was capped in the skat game...or so it seems.

Cotton

Congrats Brother! What a feeling!  I was 19 when I made my first eagle.  Par 4, one of the best drives of my life, then the PW from about 40 yards one hopped in.

Still chasing the elusive double eagle and ace.  Hit the flag stick a couple times on Par 3s but can't seem to drop one.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

GolfNut57

Quote from: Cotton on December 14, 2017, 09:06:59 am
Congrats Brother! What a feeling!  I was 19 when I made my first eagle.  Par 4, one of the best drives of my life, then the PW from about 40 yards one hopped in.

Still chasing the elusive double eagle and ace.  Hit the flag stick a couple times on Par 3s but can't seem to drop one.

As far as I am concerned, from now on any eagle made from the fairway shall be called Ace from the fairway. It is merely a technical point that it wasn't from the official tee box.  :P

RazorPiggie

I've got 2 aces. I've eagled too many to count.

I do remember at nationals my freshman year I had 6 eagles in 4 rounds. Lead the tourney in eagles made.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: joeyself on December 11, 2017, 07:52:00 pm
Yes, I remember my first one.   I drove the green on a par-4 (#8 at Sallisaw).  Dogleg left, but if playing the whites (which I did), I could fly a blind 5-wood onto the green.  Made a 15 footer for the 2.

And I remember my second one, same hole the next year. 

That would have been in the 90's.  I don't remember one since then, and I think I would.

JcS

That hole should be a par 3 lol. Played it several times.

Chorizo Hogriguez

way to go