Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sarkisian

Started by robmc1883, November 21, 2012, 10:03:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

robmc1883

So if all the reports are true this may be our guy.  Hear me out.  In the spring it was reported that JL was in Washington talking to someone.  We all assumed it was Carrol but what are the possibilities that he was meeting with Sark instead.  Also he falls in line with the new "sources" saying that we will have our guy this weekend.  He is done Friday night after the Washington St. game.  Listen I am not saying I am for him, but he has some guys on his staff with SEC experience and if her brought them in along with keeping Holt as the DL coach we could have a pretty young dynamic staff.  What do you guys think?

Arkansas Fan

I'd be very disappointed.

Tim Harris

If he comes he better bring his DL coach with him. He is one of the top recruiters in the nation.

If I could get confident that he could recruit away from the west coast, I'd be happy with the guy.

regi

Possible, philosophy similar to the Petrino's. Not a homerun after 6 months of looking, for sure

crabeyes

Quote from: robmc1883 on November 21, 2012, 10:03:02 am
with keeping Holt as the DL coach we could have a pretty young dynamic staff.  What do you guys think?

Why would Sarkisian want to keep Holt when he fired him???

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: crabeyes on November 21, 2012, 10:16:44 am

Hogville logic at its finest.

Hawg Balling

Quote from: Tim Harris on November 21, 2012, 10:04:33 am
If he comes he better bring his DL coach with him. He is one of the top recruiters in the nation.

Tosh Lupoi would definitely be the recruiting closer we've desperately needed.  Sarkisian would definitely be a "meh" hire for me, but Lupoi would no doubt bolster recruiting.

robmc1883

Quote from: crabeyes on November 21, 2012, 10:16:44 am

He fired him as his DC.  Just because he didn't pan out as a DC doesn't mean he would not be a good position coach.  He did really well at USC under Carroll.  I just think he would be a guy that has ties to Sark and ties to the current recruiting class.  Makes sense to me.

Pork Twain

Quote from: regi on November 21, 2012, 10:06:10 am
Possible, philosophy similar to the Petrino's. Not a homerun after 6 months of looking, for sure
Where does this six months of looking come from?  During the season, our AD has been relegated to conducting research and background check type of vetting, not face to face contact.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

swinemaster

I've been saying Sark!!! for months.  And although he wouldn't excite the fanbase with his announcement, it won't take long for people to come around. 

He very possible could end up 9-4 this year and has the #16 rated recruiting class on rivals.

He is the real deal.

hogman99

So if all the reports are true this may be our guy.  Hear me out.  In the spring it was reported that JL was in Washington talking to someone.  We all assumed it was Carrol but what are the possibilities that he was meeting with Sark instead.  Also he falls in line with the new "sources" saying that we will have our guy this weekend.  He is done Friday night after the Washington St. game.  Listen I am not saying I am for him, but he has some guys on his staff with SEC experience and if her brought them in along with keeping Holt as the DL coach we could have a pretty young dynamic staff.  What do you guys think?

BINGO!!  I think this is a very real possibility.

HawginTexas

I've felt all along this is who it would be. He is young, can recruit, has been part of NC, has produced high octane offense and Heisman winners. He is the type of guy who could be at Arkansas for a long time.

NorthshoreBoar

November 21, 2012, 10:34:44 am #13 Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 10:36:53 am by NorthshoreBoar
Sark is a great coach at a school worse than Vandy. He has multiple signature wins over top 25 teams such as USC, Nebraska, etc.  Sark can coach.  I would prefer a bigger name, but Sark is definetly a proven up and comer.

I think franklin is a really good coach, but he lacks the signature wins. Franklin comes close to winning the big games, Sark has actually won them more than once.
A good man can live a lie for only so long before he becomes just a man. - Jason Whitlock

Captain

TuskU

I agree with this.  I started thinking about Sarkisian months ago as our next HC.  I believe that while Nick Holt has JLS ties, he was here with a bigger purpose.  With the Huskies being done this week,  i could see him being announced as the new head hog shortly after.  I'm just ready to get this coaching search over with.

GO HOGS!  :razorback:

Quote from: HawginTexas on November 21, 2012, 10:34:13 am
I've felt all along this is who it would be. He is young, can recruit, has been part of NC, has produced high octane offense and Heisman winners. He is the type of guy who could be at Arkansas for a long time.

kingofdequeen

SARK a million times before Franklin.

3BoarsDown

Quote from: Hawg Balling on November 21, 2012, 10:18:58 am
Tosh Lupoi would definitely be the recruiting closer we've desperately needed.  Sarkisian would definitely be a "meh" hire for me, but Lupoi would no doubt bolster recruiting.

Lupoi is the best recruiter in the country.

mrsherm501

Could that "great hire" at the time (August-September) be Sark?? I mean if you really take Gruden's name out of the equation completely would that make sense?
If JL's raise is tied to the hire and the hire was a "done deal" at the time but could not be announced until after the regular season wouldn't that make sense? He allegedly went to Seattle to meet with someone back then, but everyone ran with Pete's name.

Don't get me wrong, I want Gruden as bad or worse than the next guy but if it ends up coming out that he was never an option, I think Sark is a great hire....

BossHawgOutlaw

Quote from: robmc1883 on November 21, 2012, 10:20:38 am
He fired him as his DC.  Just because he didn't pan out as a DC doesn't mean he would not be a good position coach.  He did really well at USC under Carroll.  I just think he would be a guy that has ties to Sark and ties to the current recruiting class.  Makes sense to me.

Holt was DC of the year 2008

Hawg Balling

Quote from: kingofdequeen on November 21, 2012, 10:41:45 am
SARK a million times before Franklin.

Agreed. I'm not exactly on the Sark bandwagon, but like a poster above said, he at least has the signature wins that Franklin doesn't.

East TN HAWG

My only question about the Sark/ Holt connection is I think Sark fired Holt this past spring.  I don't think I would rehire someone that I just fired. 

Last Spring when we were talking to Carroll, he stated it was about Sark. 

Dwight_K_Shrute

7 win Steve zzzzzzzzzzz.  Amazing how people can talk themselves into liking this hire.  First year 5-7, second year 7-6, third year when you are supposed to take the jump 7-6, and 7-4 so far this year.  People were bagging on Charlie Strong for two 7-6 records and then one loss this year.  He has at least shown a big jump in his third year.  Franklin has shown a bigger jump in his second.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

swinemaster

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 21, 2012, 10:45:39 am
7 win Steve zzzzzzzzzzz.  Amazing how people can talk themselves into liking this hire.  First year 5-7, second year 7-6, third year when you are supposed to take the jump 7-6, and 7-4 so far this year.  People were bagging on Charlie Strong for two 7-6 records and then one loss this year.  He has at least shown a big jump in his third year.  Franklin has shown a bigger jump in his second.

Year's not over yet.  He will beat Wazzu to get to 8 this week.  You do know that Washington went 0-12 the year before he took over don't you?

The_Boot_stops_here

if this is true, he better bring Justin Wilcox with him as DC, the guy that replaced Holt and has done a pretty good job

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on November 21, 2012, 10:56:41 am
if this is true, he better bring Justin Wilcox with him as DC, the guy that replaced Holt and has done a pretty good job

He was Tennessee's DC last year.

Ham Ham Pigelow

Quote from: ozarkbornATLraised on November 21, 2012, 10:41:37 am
I like Sark does he have any experience in this area of the country? Ehhh.

Similar in philosophy to BP. Also the media loves him.
Neither did Saban, Miles, or Meyer

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

I like it. I like it a lot.
ched come back pls

ballhog™

wuold be kinda tepid on this hire...
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

The_Boot_stops_here

November 21, 2012, 11:19:02 am #30 Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 11:21:49 am by The_Boot_stops_here
Quote from: Arkansas Fan on November 21, 2012, 10:58:29 am
He was Tennessee's DC last year.

im well aware of this but UW's D has improved significantly this year while UT's has regressed...and btw, Wilcox's D is ranked higher this season than than the guy you're using as your avitar

PorkCheops

In the spring it was reported that JL was in Washington talking to someone.  We all assumed it was Carrol but what are the possibilities that he was meeting with Sark instead.

Couldn't he have been in Washington to talk with Mike Leach?  Seems just as likely to me.
"The problem is not only to win souls but to save minds. If you win the whole world and lose the mind of the world, you will soon discover that you have not won the world. Indeed it may turn out that you have actually lost the world."  Charles Malik

Hawg Balling

Quote from: PorkCheops on November 21, 2012, 11:19:46 am
Couldn't he have been in Washington to talk with Mike Leach?  Seems just as likely to me.

No chance Long would hire Leach.  BP's baggage is nothing compared to the circus Leach brings with him. 

air

I like Sark after seeing them play the past couple of years at UW and Seahawks stadium.  He can recruit top talent to Seattle so should be able to pull in recruits to AR if Tosh Lupoi and most of his staff comes along.

HoggyCat

Quote from: BeoPig™ on November 21, 2012, 10:21:03 am
Where does this six months of looking come from?  During the season, our AD has been relegated to conducting research and background check type of vetting, not face to face contact.

That's why they have a person called an AGENT.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

newey-west

Sark would be an amazing hire.  He's an up and coming head coach who has really turned around UW.

Of course, I"m kind of biased given my connections to 'other' schools.

ab50147

Sarkisian would be a great hire but not the "name" everyone would be looking for. Makes since especially with the Nick Holt connection. I can say that when we went to the Auburn game, I saw Holt come down with the other press box coaches as they ran right in front of us in the endzone to the locker room at halftime. He may or may not have been coaching or offering advice up there but that was interesting to see him with those coaches.

Hawgndaaz

I would take him over Gundy, Patterson.

razorpimp

Quote from: NorthshoreBoar on November 21, 2012, 10:34:44 am
Sark is a great coach at a school worse than Vandy. He has multiple signature wins over top 25 teams such as USC, Nebraska, etc.  Sark can coach.  I would prefer a bigger name, but Sark is definetly a proven up and comer.

I think franklin is a really good coach, but he lacks the signature wins. Franklin comes close to winning the big games, Sark has actually won them more than once.

Worse school than Vandy...you need to look up your stats

Washington has a better football history than even us...they have like 4 national titles and one another in the 90's.....

kingofdequeen

Quote from: razorpimp on November 21, 2012, 11:46:18 am
Worse school than Vandy...you need to look up your stats

Washington has a better football history than even us...they have like 4 national titles and one another in the 90's.....

you're telling me Marq Tuiasosopo doesn't just roll off the tongue?

Smokehouse

QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Pork Twain

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 21, 2012, 11:24:51 am
That's why they have a person called an AGENT.
Pretty sure it would still be considered tampering.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

RedRock

I would love to have a coach with strong NFL ties

Bighawgsfan

I think it would be a great hire!

NorthshoreBoar

November 21, 2012, 12:24:29 pm #44 Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 12:30:28 pm by NorthshoreBoar
Fair point, I should have been more clear - I'm aware of their tradition and rose bowl appearances. By worse school than vandy - I meant this decade (or recently).
A good man can live a lie for only so long before he becomes just a man. - Jason Whitlock

HoggyCat

Quote from: BeoPig™ on November 21, 2012, 12:03:37 pm
Pretty sure it would still be considered tampering.

Not in least. Never person to person contact with the coach. Besides, Petrino met with Auburn and nothing was done.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Hawg Balling

Quote from: NorthshoreBoar on November 21, 2012, 12:24:29 pm
By worse school than vandy - I meant this decade (or recently).

Zuh?  In the 2000s, Washington had a Rose Bowl win, a top 5 finish, and went to 5 bowl games.  Vanderbilt went to two (not counting this year).

From 2000 to 2011, Washington won 63 games.  Vanderbilt won 42 over that same duration.

Washington is a much better program both overall and in the short term past.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: NorthshoreBoar on November 21, 2012, 12:24:29 pm
Fair point, I should have been more clear - I'm aware of their tradition and rose bowl appearances. By worse school than vandy - I meant this decade (or recently).

by that logic, Vandy > Miami

ChrisB Bacon

As a Husky fan in Seattle, this is absolutely not happening.

lolnickholt

Quote from: ChrisB Bacon on November 21, 2012, 04:56:07 pm
As a Husky fan in Seattle, this is absolutely not happening.

This.

Sark's a west coast guy, as are his assistants. He lives on a lake, boats to work, and Husky Stadium is in the middle of a 250 million dollar renovation.

Sark and his assistants aren't going to make a lateral move to Arkansas. The UW AD, Scott Woodward, has an extreme hard on for Sark and will match or raise any offer for him. The only school I can see luring Sark away, at this point, would be SC.