Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tuscaloosa vs. Fayetteville; What's The Difference?

Started by RazorbackAlways, September 20, 2017, 09:51:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogPharmer

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 21, 2017, 08:40:23 am
"Why can't we be Bama?" Ugh, shaking my head at all the stupidity on here. That's like asking, why can't I marry Taylor Swift or Emma Stone?

Wake up and realize what we are as a program. Can we compete every so often? Sure. But to say we can be a 10 win program every year competing for the SEC and National Title is just stupid on to the highest degree.

So you're saying there's a chance with Taylor Swift or Emma Stone? I like your style!
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Grag T on September 21, 2017, 10:36:18 am
Other than $$$ why would anyone want to, they're both ugly trailerpark-lookin' skanks.  You can go practically anywhere and see hotter looking women.  Well, except Berkeley.

Most of the hot women there have schlongs.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Grizzlyfan

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: RazorbackAlways on September 20, 2017, 09:51:05 pm
Some people here keep saying Arkansas is not a destination program. Please give three reasons why Tuscaloosa is better than Fayetteville outside of history/Bear Bryant. Why cant Arkansas be a destination school? And how can we make it so? And also, why do all the greats come from Arkansas or have been here, but never stay here? (i.e., Johnson, Switzer, Bryant, Holtz, etc.)

Im going to give you my take:

1. Low Expectations vs. High Expectations. The State of Alabama depends on football, especially the team out of Tuscaloosa. But dont count out Auburn. Listen to some on this board. 7 win seasons, 8 win seasons, theyre satisfied. Coaching mediocrity, theyre satisfied. Alabama doesnt settle. Alabama hasnt got a damn thing to offer. Just 30 mins outside of UA is the worlds largest corporation.

2. Head Coach Matters. Big name? Yes, please. Media attention? Yes. The entire program is fully focused on winning.

3. Brand Recognition. Alabama has built a brand when it comes to NCAAF. Elite schools with money are generally places like USC, Texas, and Michigan. Alabama built its brand by becoming the best in the business.

You said reasons outside of history and then #3 is brand built off of their history.   Poor trolling effort. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

wildturkey8

Fayetteville and NWA is a much better area to live than Tuscaloosa.  Nothing there except the University of Alabama.

gangstaback

Tuscaloosa is closer to football talent, has a huge football tradition, is slightly better in academic rankings, and is MUCH closer to other major schools and attractions.

I love Fayetteville but it is remote AF.

jst01

Some are underestimating Alabama as a state.

Population:  Alabama is almost twice as populated as Arkansas.
Economy:  Alabama's GDP in 2016 was just above $200 BILLION, compared to AR's of around $120 BILLION.
Geography:  As indicated already, Alabama is in the center of the conference footprint. 

RazorbackAlways

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 21, 2017, 11:29:23 am
You said reasons outside of history and then #3 is brand built off of their history.   Poor trolling effort.

Im just saying Arkansas has no brand plan. Get it? Brand plan/grand plan. Hahah.

RazorbackAlways

Quote from: jst01 on September 21, 2017, 01:26:15 pm
Some are underestimating Alabama as a state.

Population:  Alabama is almost twice as populated as Arkansas.
Economy:  Alabama's GDP in 2016 was just above $200 BILLION, compared to AR's of around $120 BILLION.
Geography:  As indicated already, Alabama is in the center of the conference footprint.

Do we fall short per capita?