Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What did Mike Markusen do at Wisconsin to get fired?

Started by Seebs, October 08, 2017, 08:12:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Seebs

What could Mike possibly have done that has Kurt Anderson still working here?

From Wiki: Markuson debuted as the offensive line coach for the Wisconsin Badgers in January 2012, but was fired on September 9, 2012 after just two games, including a 10–7 loss to the Oregon State Beavers.[1][3]

How? I mean really - how?
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

JackTNHogfan

The difference is the AD at Wisconsin cares about wins...

birmingHAMette

Well, CBB did meet three times a week with Barry Alverz.
Go Hogs

rhog1

I saw on a Wisconsin forum once that it was something off the field he was fired for.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: rhog1 on October 08, 2017, 08:39:22 am
I saw on a Wisconsin forum once that it was something off the field he was fired for.

Heard this was right.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Seebs on October 08, 2017, 08:12:43 am
What could Mike possibly have done that has Kurt Anderson still working here?

From Wiki: Markuson debuted as the offensive line coach for the Wisconsin Badgers in January 2012, but was fired on September 9, 2012 after just two games, including a 10–7 loss to the Oregon State Beavers.[1][3]

How? I mean really - how?
Bert has gotten soft.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Arazorbackguy1

Quote from: rhog1 on October 08, 2017, 08:39:22 am

Texting a news reporter while coaching.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Birddawg23

Took his seat at the buffet and wouldn't move when BB told him it was his spot

spottedbadger

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on October 08, 2017, 08:45:03 am
Texting a news reporter while coaching.

I've never heard of this. I'm pretty sure he got fired because it was a really dumb hire in the first place. Under Bob Bostad, Wisconsin ran three blocking schemes: inside zone, power, and pin and pull. Markuson came in and basically changed it up entirely. Way more outside zone, different pass sets etc.

This is a quote from Travis Frederick that summer, before Markuson was in any danger of getting canned:

Quote"I think it was a fairly large transition," junior center Travis Frederick said. "He's definitely a different coach. Coach Markuson has a different coaching style.

"We have a new offense. From the outside it probably won't look much different but it's a little bit different for us. I think we definitely hit a few speed bumps in the spring."

When the results were so bad, Bielema just threw in the towel and gave the job to a GA, Bart Miller, almost entirely due to the fact that he just ran the same system that Bostad would have.

havok

I am beginning to think Bert was only a Coach in Name Only at Wisconsin..and Alvarez was actually still the coach running things.  No way can one be this incompetent.. But then again, the guy who hired him and gave him a buyout like this is pretty much 2 Peas in a Pod with Bert.

STLhawg

It's obvious now that Barry was running that team and BB has no clue how to run a football program.

Tusks

"we can't block that, we can't block that"

MM on the headset as the 'running game coordinator' at AR.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: STLhawg on October 08, 2017, 11:23:51 am
It's obvious now that Barry was running that team and BB has no clue how to run a football program.

Especially given the fact that Wisky barely dropped a beat since CBB left there.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

RebHog

Quote from: Birddawg23 on October 08, 2017, 09:09:27 am
Took his seat at the buffet and wouldn't move when BB told him it was his spot

sooo bad yet sooo funny lol!

Redhogs

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 08, 2017, 11:40:12 am
Especially given the fact that Wisky barely dropped a beat since CBB left there.
They haven't dropped at all and have been through 2 coaches since then.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Tusks

Quote from: Redhogs on October 08, 2017, 11:51:30 am
They haven't dropped at all and have been through 2 coaches since then.

yeah they win MORE since BB left.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

HardCore

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

Hawgphish

bville_hog

Can we add to CBB's contract that he has to meet with Barry Alverze 3 times a week going forward?