Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I guess we're heartbroken....(warning: Monk quote)

Started by (notOM)Rebel123, January 07, 2017, 08:13:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

(notOM)Rebel123

January 07, 2017, 08:13:32 am Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 05:40:32 pm by (notOM)Rebel123
Monk was asked what he thinks it will be like for Arkansas fans to watch him play against the Razorbacks.

"I think ... heartbreaking," he said. "I mean, it's sad that I didn't go there.

Arkansas Democrat Gazette, 1-7-17

Disappointed?...yes, for a while. Heartbroken...not even close, Malik.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Arthur pigby sellers.

I'm pretty sad about it. Macon and Monk as guards this would be a sure tournament team.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on January 07, 2017, 08:27:49 am
I'm pretty sad about it. Macon and Monk as guards this would be a sure tournament team.

Sad...sure. But heartbreaking? And for MM to say it? Geez.
Guess it's  just me but it sounds a tad arrogant coming from him.

RaisinHog

Heart broken.... No ... angry ... yes ... Comments like that even more so...

FineAsSwine

Not in the least. Not angry either. I have accepted his decision and moved on.
Hogs up! Covid down!

rzrbackrob

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 07, 2017, 08:13:32 am
Monk was asked what he thinks it will be like for Arkansas fans to watch him play against the Razorbacks.

"I think ... heartbreaking," he said. "I mean, it's sad that I didn't go there.

Arkansas Democrat Gazette, 1-7-17

It's official, monk is cuckolding Arkansas fans
Good is the enemy of great

FineAsSwine

Quote from: rzrbackrob on January 07, 2017, 09:04:06 am
It's official, monk is cuckolding Arkansas fans

Just makes me want to see them lose even more. Hope we can pull it off. I want to see his eyes get misty in the post game interview.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Razorod

It would be nice to put an L in their column. Just don't see it happening.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Razorod on January 07, 2017, 09:11:55 am
It would be nice to put an L in their column. Just don't see it happening.
we've done it before, twice in one season as a matter of fact, once with the Quall's  high-flying trapeze dunk to end the game at Fayetteville and then just a flat out win at Rupp...we had some bullets back then, we have a few now but not nearly enough to beat this UK team at Rupp
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on January 07, 2017, 09:22:29 am
we've done it before, twice in one season as a matter of fact, once with the Quall's  high-flying trapeze dunk to end the game at Fayetteville and then just a flat out win at Rupp...we had some bullets back then, we have a few now but not nearly enough to beat this UK team at Rupp

The only thing that would make me feel even a remote twinge of heartbreak is if our guys go out and play scared, don't compete and lay down.
Hogs up! Covid down!

ricepig

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 07, 2017, 08:32:53 am

Monk arrogant, Shirley you jest?

tusksincolorado

Quote from: ricepig on January 07, 2017, 09:35:54 am

Sure enough there Shirley!!!  ;)

GO HAWGS! Beat the kittens!   :razorback:
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

rljjr

One and done. One guy, one game -- who cares?

MountieDawg

January 07, 2017, 09:58:26 am #13 Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 10:18:34 am by MountieDawg
They said you can't really Hate someone you didn't love, there is a ton of hate for the Monks on here. That could define heartbroken when the one you desire chooses another.  It is much lie that girl you wanted but she picked the guy you hated and thought he was no good for her.
SEC!

bigred223

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on January 07, 2017, 09:22:29 am

We had a lot better team that year. I'm still hoping for the best though.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: rljjr on January 07, 2017, 09:54:05 am
One and done. One guy, one game -- who cares?

Yep. I dont think it would have been a good fit. Cant build the program around one and dones. Nothing heartbreaking about it. Unless you just want too...
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

Pigasaurus

Quote from: HawgnCorona on January 07, 2017, 10:10:27 am
Yep. I dont think it would have been a good fit. Cant build the program around one and dones. Nothing heartbreaking about it. Unless you just want too...

Only positive would be superstars help win more games, get you deep into tourney and attract more superstars.  It's like fertilizer.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

MountieDawg

Quote from: HawgnCorona on January 07, 2017, 10:10:27 am

Or 2 and donee, or 3 and dones... Did MA get a 4 year commitment from Gafford???
SEC!

HawgnCorona

Quote from: MountieDawg on January 07, 2017, 10:20:09 am
Or 2 and donee, or 3 and dones... Did MA get a 4 year commitment from Gafford???

Dude what r u talking about..
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

elksnort

I suppose that CMA would not ever employe a bad guy in the basketball game?

You know, a guy who just happened to have his foot underneath where Monk's foot lands.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: elksnort on January 07, 2017, 10:30:17 am
I suppose that CMA would not ever employe a bad guy in the basketball game?

You know, a guy who just happened to have his foot underneath where Monk's foot lands.

Are u heartbroken?

elksnort

Quote from: HawgnCorona on January 07, 2017, 10:35:52 am
Are u heartbroken?
Not at all. If dude wants to play at Kentucky, then it is his choice. However, he ought to not be smug or arrogant towards his home state.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: elksnort on January 07, 2017, 10:44:25 am
Not at all. If dude wants to play at Kentucky, then it is his choice. However, he ought to not be smug or arrogant towards his home state.

I agree...No skin off my nose with this guy.

dsgreen

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on January 07, 2017, 08:27:49 am

we're already a sure tournament team

MountieDawg

Quote from: HawgnCorona on January 07, 2017, 10:23:06 am
Dude what r u talking about..

You don't think you can build a program on and dones... Do you think everyone should spend 4 years? Are you upset if MA signs guys that could leave sooner ythan 4 years?
SEC!

Biggus Piggus

It's sad that he chose Kentucky? Talk about projection.
[CENSORED]!

HawgnCorona

Quote from: pigasaurus on January 07, 2017, 10:19:02 am
Only positive would be superstars help win more games, get you deep into tourney and attract more superstars.  It's like fertilizer.

I get that, but do you gear your offense to him? No J Durhams this year...

lynbug

Quote from: ricepig on January 07, 2017, 09:35:54 am
I've said it before and I'll say it again....because I fully believe it, I've seen it happen over and over.   WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND. 

PorkRinds

If he thinks hog fans are bad wait til he has a bad game that loses them the title in the tournament. He will see that KY fans turn on him just as bad as we did.  I really just hope he doesn't get a title. M

HawgnCorona

Quote from: MountieDawg on January 07, 2017, 10:56:30 am
You don't think you can build a program on and dones... Do you think everyone should spend 4 years? Are you upset if MA signs guys that could leave sooner ythan 4 years?

No I dont. Do think Calipari built one at UK? Upset?, Lol...ahhh, no.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: lynbug on January 07, 2017, 11:16:48 am
I've said it before and I'll say it again....because I fully believe it, I've seen it happen over and over.   WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND. 

Yes sir, yes sir...KARMA.

hogwood

I was pretty heartbroken at first but that has worn off and it won't be heartbreaking to see him play against us. What's done is done and we have a bright future with many Arkansas kids. It will be sad to watch him play against us though. Just to imagine what could have been. We'd be a legit contender vs. KY with Monk on our side and a good bet to get to the SW16 or E8 or even more rather than a bubble team. Monk could have been a legend here for helping to bring us back to that level. Yes, Monk is that good and he spurned us. That said I hope he has a horrible game and we beat them in Rupp.

Razorback_Mack

Who cares? Sad, mad, heartbroken...WTH? What is this a shrink session? Just go play the game. I'll be pulling for the hogs. Period.

Razorback_Mack

This thread makes me so in touch with my emotions  ;)

HawgnCorona

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on January 07, 2017, 11:31:51 am
Who cares? Sad, mad, heartbroken...WTH? What is this a shrink session? Just go play the game. I'll be pulling for the hogs. Period.

Exactly, He is laughing at U while you are sad OR  heartbroken...

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on January 07, 2017, 11:31:51 am

But yet, you cared enough to share with the group. Thanks for coming....

Rawker

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 07, 2017, 11:45:53 am
But yet, you cared enough to share with the group. Thanks for coming....
It's amusing that presumably grown men are discussing their emotions over an 18 year old basketball player. Sweet.....EMOTION!

HognitiveDissonance

Thing that jumped out to me in that interview was him saying that he'll never get a chance to know what it's like to play in Bud Walton against the Hogs. We all strongly suspect 95% that he's gone after this year, sure, but to hear him say it himself is a different matter.

forrest city joe

heartbreaking my A--. i could care less. the day he picked KY over Arkansas,M.Monk and his brother were nothing to me.i don't care about him anymore.PERIOD!i think he is a full of himself punk. and wish our local media would stop throwing him in the face of Hog fans. i don't care!

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: hogwood on January 07, 2017, 11:28:37 am
I was pretty heartbroken at first but that has worn off and it won't be heartbreaking to see him play against us. What's done is done and we have a bright future with many Arkansas kids. It will be sad to watch him play against us though. Just to imagine what could have been. We'd be a legit contender vs. KY with Monk on our side and a good bet to get to the SW16 or E8 or even more rather than a bubble team. Monk could have been a legend here for helping to bring us back to that level. Yes, Monk is that good and he spurned us. That said I hope he has a horrible game and we beat them in Rupp.
Pretty much exactly how I feel.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: MountieDawg on January 07, 2017, 09:58:26 am
They said you can't really Hate someone you didn't love, there is a ton of hate for the Monks on here. That could define heartbroken when the one you desire chooses another.  It is much lie that girl you wanted but she picked the guy you hated and thought he was no good for her.

I never loved the Longhorns nor the KY Mildcats so I guess its possible.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Little Lady Back

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 07, 2017, 08:32:53 am

This!
#NolanRichardsonCourt

cosmodrum

Awesome. Can't wait until he drags his sack across our collective faces tonight, too.
Go away, batin'

Dirty

Hammer 🔨 him hard every time he come in the lane.  Monk Rules! AKA Jordan Rules!

hawgfan4life

I don't care if Fox scores 50, but I hope we hammer Monk so hard he is afraid to drive and then cover him like a wet blanket outside.  Force everyone else to beat us and take his stats away.

lumphog

alohawg

Pretty full of himself, but not surprising given the circumstances.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

LR_Matt

Heart broken..... yes, it's turned to butt hurt now though.

PORKULATOR

No heart break here. Disappointment in his choice for a bit the first time I saw him play in a Ucky uniform???? Yes But he was dead to me before he ever said this arrogant blither.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.